Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-21-2016, 11:19 AM
Banned

Default The new updated 2017 Honda Pioneer 1000!

Not sure when the release date is but I will say I'm glad my wife wouldn't let me buy one this year! A couple glitches occurred with the 2016 and Honda has addressed them all and then some! For the new 2017 edition. I'm getting stoked!

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-ho...e-by-side-news
Old 11-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Don't get too excited, have had first release Pioneer and last month build, all im going to say is after loosing 8800 between Both machines re-selling them im back to the brand that has got side by side down as far as engineering, really disappointed with Honda and there side by side's, make most reliable Quad's though, two in my shop , will never sell.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406gto View Post
Don't get too excited, have had first release Pioneer and last month build, all im going to say is after loosing 8800 between Both machines re-selling them im back to the brand that has got side by side down as far as engineering, really disappointed with Honda and there side by side's, make most reliable Quad's though, two in my shop , will never sell.
The 2017 hasn't even been released for sale yet. Did you have clutching issues with yours ? From all I have read, quite a bit in the last six months guys are saying snorkel it along with all vent lines and a hand full of clutching issues I've read about. A hand full isn't bad given how many people own one. Other than that people seem to love them so far...
Old 11-21-2016, 08:05 PM

I'd be very apprehensive of the 4wd system. Generally this sort of traction control is very limited when playing in deep snow, ice or mud riding. Having to apply the brake to the wheel that is spinning will just kill forward momentum and wear out brake pads. That why they recommended shutting of traction control in the auto industry when you really push your truck. Maybe it will be fine but I have my reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Not sure when the release date is but I will say I'm glad my wife wouldn't let me buy one this year! A couple glitches occurred with the 2016 and Honda has addressed them all and then some! For the new 2017 edition. I'm getting stoked!

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-ho...e-by-side-news
If you buy one of these you let me know!! I've been eying them for over a year now and next summer I may be ready to pull the trigger. I wouldn't mind a tag a long one afternoon if you end up getting one.

Are you looking at the five seater as well?
Old 11-22-2016, 06:57 AM
Banned

Yes the five seater is my plan. I will let you know! pretty good chance I'm buying one.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Yes the five seater is my plan. I will let you know! pretty good chance I'm buying one.
Wonder if Honda is going to keep the cloth cab it currently uses? ?

One thing (ahout the only thing in my opinion) the Polaris Ranger has going for it is the hard cab and doors. Throw in a heater and windshield and bam! Instant permission from the wife. Mine has said she even wants to plow snow with it. Lol!

Either way I'd rather take the Honda.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
The 2017 hasn't even been released for sale yet. Did you have clutching issues with yours ? From all I have read, quite a bit in the last six months guys are saying snorkel it along with all vent lines and a hand full of clutching issues I've read about. A hand full isn't bad given how many people own one. Other than that people seem to love them so far...
More than a handful of clutching issues. The reason for the late release is to build stronger clutch packs.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:40 PM

Yes Clutch problem on first machine, Burnt Clutch's on the DCT, and i wasn't shifting from 2wd to 4wd, had problem's backing up on difficult terrain, could tell OR what i thought was skipping between 3&4th, anyway take care of stuff so in it went, 13 day's later GRRRR. Picked up machine, and added another 186mi on machine for total of 441mi, well everything was great, parked machine for 3 week's, in meantime purchased Second machine, White Exterior, asked about accessory's for first machine that had been waiting on??, and there was a delay (windshied & Wiper's). First machine still sitting, utilized Second New machine i believe put 32.mi on in end of july when heavy rain's were on us, and sensed the same problem (transmission), this time i kept driving for another 76.mi while learning that same thing was happening, also now that the rain was upon us, i really Noticed on Hot Day's when went through puddle's & Standing water that i found my self Standing OR lifting my ass because of the Honda Optioned Steam room that i ordered and a special option.
With a total of 108.mi on this second machine, we were in the shop again, this time i had 4 Clutch Band's that were also in need of replacement, also my Dash on newest machine was Intermittent, Ground below engine was in need of replacement also, that being said while unit was in shop for second day i showed up to check on progress, Good New's it was ready that day he assured me. While in shop though Gauge Cluster's were Fogged and 70% unreadable, due to the Steam Bath a person takes when crossing water.
which they cleaned & released machine back to me. Both machines now at this point sitting in shop while out working for 2 week's. August 28th come's, load family and head out for some scouting, after approximately 6.mi on trail wife in front , i come up behind only to find wife standing out of machine stating that here leg's are getting hot form under driver's side, well now im kinda peeved off, especially after spending that kind of money and owning Honda's/Quad's and yes i also got sucked for a Rincon (REGRET), anyway all other Honda product's ive owned have been ACE... Anyway after break we make it to our camping arae, well Low & Behold, wife get's out of first machine to find while idling it just Stall's/Die's, WTF, now i'm really wondering what's going on, started Unit and revved with no issues or stall's.
Relaxed and got kid's somthing to eat, loaded up as older boy wanted to drive and run machine. After another 11.mi round trip with machines my Son stopped 4 time's & My Wife stopped 7 time's due to this Steam Bath from machines, i can see wife maybe getting or being a little soft but Son is a Tiger, and i have also been disgusted with this.
SO to Sum-UP.
First of all Both Machines are No Longer Mine....
Clutching, Being Lied Too (Part's Back Ordered)
Clutch Plate's WAY TO THIN.
2 Steam Room's (did not ask for option)
Transmission delicate (not for this weight) of Machine.
They Did Not Do Home Work for Accessories
Door's Suck 4 Finger Gap's
Electrical In Places where shouldn't be.
When Really Needed i do not like the 4x4 system.
Long story Short i bleed RED, Not for there SxS Yet, my own fault and things happen, but they need more R&D / QC, there ARE NOT and Will Not compete with or Stand Side by Side with Polaris for right now anyway, as far as Quad's, Gen's, Lawn Mower's, 110 % better& Most Dependable.
But Only my 2 Cent's.
Luv My Ranger's.......
Old 11-22-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Wonder if Honda is going to keep the cloth cab it currently uses? ?

One thing (ahout the only thing in my opinion) the Polaris Ranger has going for it is the hard cab and doors. Throw in a heater and windshield and bam! Instant permission from the wife. Mine has said she even wants to plow snow with it. Lol!

Either way I'd rather take the Honda.

Spoken like a guy that has never owned a Polaris, keep drinking the Honda Kool-aid. The 90's were 20 years ago. I think I'll keep my 1000 rzr.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
Spoken like a guy that has never owned a Polaris, keep drinking the Honda Kool-aid. The 90's were 20 years ago. I think I'll keep my 1000 rzr.
Just not a fan of the length of the 4 door ranger. With the Honda, flip the seats up, bam....5 seater. Want to use the box?? Flip them down.

All without being the length of a limo.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Just not a fan of the length of the 4 door ranger. With the Honda, flip the seats up, bam....5 seater. Want to use the box?? Flip them down.

All without being the length of a limo.

I was really impressed with the flip seats on the Honda. The guy who came up with that was a genius.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:11 AM

We have had great luck with our three rangers 2010 ranger 15000km replaced belt and never had any problems just regular service. 2011 ranger just over 10000 same belt no problems 2015 ranger 900 already 600 hours and just replaced belt dad left it idle in gear way to long and put a where spot on the belt.I wanted a 6 seater side x side but the 5 seater ranger were to long so I bought a Kawasaki mule pro fxt and really like it and it's very well built with 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
We have had great luck with our three rangers 2010 ranger 15000km replaced belt and never had any problems just regular service. 2011 ranger just over 10000 same belt no problems 2015 ranger 900 already 600 hours and just replaced belt dad left it idle in gear way to long and put a where spot on the belt.I wanted a 6 seater side x side but the 5 seater ranger were to long so I bought a Kawasaki mule pro fxt and really like it and it's very well built with 3 year bumper to bumper warranty.

You should let the rangers idle to long in neutral either, the clutches turn but no tranny parts turn to throw oil up on the top bearing. It would have to idle long to do damage but none the less not the greatest thing to do.

Old 04-02-2018, 09:57 AM

Bump.
Anyone driving a ‘17 or ‘18 pioneer?
700 or 1000?
Time to replace my ranger and thinking about a honda

Old 04-02-2018, 11:02 AM

We currently have the 2017 700 model. Ran flawless all winter for our crew. Even had enough power to run in the snow with tracks. Definitely will consider another one.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Banned

,I have a pioneer 1000 3 seater . 2016 . Bought fall of 2016 . 800 k on it so far with a 3" lift and 38" tires . Sees a lot of mud and skeg and been trouble free except for the crap stock battery . Added a second battery to remedy . No clutch issues or update done . Cab is warm during hot days but the heat welcomed during cool days