Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Given the events of the last day it is fair to say that the evidence of illegitimacy can be a burden.

Europe, as well as North America, has a long history of assimilating migrants and refugees from around the world, sometimes in emergency situations. Britain accepted thousands of refugees fleeing the Nazi's during WWII and the same concerns were in play. IMO what this comes down to is the heart of the question originally asked by the OP. What is the price Canadians are prepared to pay to help the refugees? What makes it more difficult is that the price is largely unknown and that lack of clarity feeds the fear.

So what do we do? Turn our backs or jump in and help? Will it cost some Canadian lives - possibly, perhaps probably. Is the decision to help at home any different than asking those that serve in our armed forces to take an even greater risk. Are we up to the task? I would say yes. I would also like to believe that all our lives are worth sacrificing because that's what Canadian's do, that's what we stand for. Somebody has to be the stake in the ground. I'm proud that it could be Canada and I am Canadian.
Trained soldiers and ordinary citizens are 2 different entities. We ask the soldiers that volunteered to protect our country to do so. And I applaud them for it. Should my wife be asked to lay down her life so that somebody from another world, because let's face it that is the reality, can have a better life?
Hell no. And if it comes to that then you may as well kill me too because I'd be better off dead than rotting in jail after getting my revenge.
If they want to come here legally they follow the proper channels. That is the issue here. 25000 people from a culture that is not even remotely identifiable to ours need to be vetted properly and soundly.
And I am every bit as proud as you are to be Canadian. Maybe more so because I believe that Canadians should come first.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpartialObserver View Post
I don't want to see anyone killed.

I also don't think decisions should be made based on fear and emotion.

As a gun owner, how many cops need to be shot before you will give up your guns?

Should all guns be confiscated to ensure no cops are shot?

Does the long process time for a gun license prevent cops from being shot?

Should gun laws be based on fear and emotion?
The only issues I have with your statement is that you are grouping cop killing criminals, that most likely don't have a firearms license, in with law-abiding citizens that passed a long screening process.
In comparing that to the migrant issue, if they all pass the REQUIRED screening to enter the country there should be no issues. The outcry arises from rushing these visas through, akin to handing out a PAL to someone because they promise not to shoot anyone with it.

Any non Canadian citizen trying to enter our country, whether refugee or immigrant or ex-pat, should be required to pass our security screening protocols regardless of situation. To allow otherwise is pure foolishness and innocents will pay the price.

From my short time on this forum, no one has come across as overtly racist or prejudiced. They (myself included) are simply red blooded Canadian patriots that do not want to see violence in our streets. Given the current situation in Syria and the terrorist strikes in recent years, I can hardly blame anyone for erring on the side of caution. The degree of caution varies from person to person, but in the end it's about protecting Canada and her people.

If you so strongly believe that none of these refugees pose an immediate threat, please contact your MLA or MP and offer your residence and support to a refugee family. If that makes you uncomfortable, I suggest you stop trying to make us believe that refugees have the same rights as born/vetted Canadian citizens. Because they DON'T
Old 11-14-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Because both arguments are based on fear and emotion.

Anti gunners feel that gun ownership causes gun crime and lump all gun owners together. Their solution is to ban gun ownership because it will save lives.

Some here are lumping all refugees in with terrorists and want to deny them entry under the guise that it will save lives.
Alrighty then...just this post alone shows quite clearly that you actually have no idea at all...take some time a bit later and just keep re reading your posts...Ya I know they are way off track eh?? Thanks for keeping me busy for a couple extra minutes, I enjoyed that...good night now!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badback View Post
Yes it wasn't hard to figure out who ImpartialObserver is...He has over 360 posts since Sept...
What does post count mean, I average 144/month

hal53 averages 133/month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badback View Post
Yes it wasn't hard to figure out who ImpartialObserver is...He has over 360 posts since Sept...
Who was he before? Some of you guys are terribly good at following the wider thread.

IO - who were you before?
Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:

Agreed, but most of Hals posts were boringly factual.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
What proof is there that ALL 25000 are ISIS.
I said it earlier in a different thread. Think of this situation as if you were a leader of ISIS trying to spread a caliphate & fear around the world. The perfectly logical thing to do would be to infiltrate the groups of 'refugees' with those loyal to ISIS. Surely out of 25000 being processed in 90 days, some will slip through (it's not as if they'll be telling the truth to those screening them).

And besides, how in the he!! are we supposed to verify any of their backgrounds, be it good or bad??!!
Old 11-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by histyle View Post
I said it earlier in a different thread. Think of this situation as if you were a leader of ISIS trying to spread a caliphate & fear around the world. The perfectly logical thing to do would be to infiltrate the groups of 'refugees' with those loyal to ISIS. Surely out of 25000 being processed in 90 days, some will slip through (it's not as if they'll be telling the truth to those screening them).

And besides, how in the he!! are we supposed to verify any of their backgrounds, be it good or bad??!!
ISIS has already spread fear around the world, as evidenced by this thread.

You do realize these 25000 are fleeing ISIS, what better way for ISIS to impose their caliphate on these people then to leave them with nowhere to run.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonob1 View Post
Agreed, but most of Hals posts were boringly factual.
As opposed to 144 asinine posts per month.

Quote:
You do realize these 25000 are fleeing ISIS, what better way for ISIS to impose their caliphate on these people then to leave them with nowhere to run.
What better way for ISIS to infiltrate foreign countries, than by posing as the refugees fleeing ISIS.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
As opposed to 144 asinine posts per month.
None of which attacked anyone here.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
None of which attacked anyone here.
A post doesn't have to attack anyone in order to be asinine.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
It is up to the people who want to stop them to prove they are a danger.

Innocent until proven guilty.
You CANT be serious?
It's up to the gov to protect its citizens and this is on the lib gov make sure, not me. Thier policy, not mine
Old 11-14-2015, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
You CANT be serious?
It's up to the gov to protect its citizens and this is on the lib gov make sure, not me. Thier policy, not mine
What's your policy?
Old 11-14-2015, 10:34 PM

Rushing to bring in 25000 migrants from the middle east right now makes absolutely no sense. As a Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau has an obligation to provide security to Canadians. Canadians pay for this security through taxes. He has zero obligation to those people in the middle east who wish to come to Canada. Canada owes them nothing. To say that we owe them all of the social programs that this Country provides for Canadians is completely idiotic.

I have a question for the people who claim that we owe them anything; why? Why do we owe them anything? If you feel that we owe it to them to bring them to this Country, then who do we NOT owe anything to? Or should we just open our borders to the rest of the World and say, come on in and we will be your slaves? We will work at our jobs and we will provide the tax base so that they can be housed, they can be fed, they can be healthy, educated, etc. Are we seriously expected to lower our quality of life in order to improve theirs? If so, to what degree? To the point that we are living in poverty ourselves?

The argument that many of us would not be here if it were not for immigration holds no water. The people who have come here from European Countries knew that they had to come here to work in order to make a living in Canada. Many people from that region have a deep hatred for the Western World. They would have absolutely no intention of ever assimilating into the Western way of life. I know that this does not apply to each and every person but it would certainly apply to many. You do not have to search too hard in order to find out that this has failed miserably in Europe. Unless you're ok with having your neighbourhood turned into a ghetto or having marches put on through your cities announcing their hatred for the very cities that are providing for them.

We need to leave them there. It's not worth our safety, security, or way of life. Take a look on Youtube and find out what has happened in Europe to the Countries who have let in these people.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
ISIS has already spread fear around the world, as evidenced by this thread.

They are imposing their caliphate on these people, hence the reason they are fleeing. And they aren't to be in ever corner of the world yet (I hope, and at the very least not in the numbers they desire), which is why it would be logical for them to infiltrate the refugee groups. I think you are woefully naïve as to the islamists end game (which is mass catastrophe on a grand scale, which they believe will lead to the rise of the Mahdi, or 13th imam, who will lead those faithful to the "true" teachings of Mohammed to victory.... blah, blah, blah). And no, it doesn't end well for us infidels.

One of the only true roles a government has is the protection of it's citizens from foreign aggressors. If we allow the 25000 "refugees" in without full screening, that cannot possibly be guaranteed. 0.02% of that number perpetrated what happened in France. So back to the origin of the thread, the answer is absolutely 0 Canadians should have to die.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:47 PM

There are two points that should be considered here. The speed in which they are trying to ushered the Refugees into Canada, without proper background screening. And the ideology that the Refugees bring with them, an ideology that contain the potential seeds of future terrorism and control.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:02 AM

It's late. The number is .0002%. Point made
Old 11-15-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
What's your policy?
I know impartial observer has already been banned but in answer to his question my policy would be this.All immigrants / refugees go through the same screening and security checks my parents went through. They also had to have jobs waiting when they got here.They got no free medical or dental. They paid taxes on the first nickle they made in Canada and every cent since.They think this is the greatest country in the world because someone gave them a chance.Maybe if no one got a free ride these people would also appreciate our country.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat336 View Post
I know impartial observer has already been banned but in answer to his question my policy would be this.All immigrants / refugees go through the same screening and security checks my parents went through. They also had to have jobs waiting when they got here.They got no free medical or dental. They paid taxes on the first nickle they made in Canada and every cent since.They think this is the greatest country in the world because someone gave them a chance.Maybe if no one got a free ride these people would also appreciate our country.
And now refugees are given more money each month as a handout, than the senior citizens that built this country are getting as a pension.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

pretty sure my post count will drop dramatically now....
Old 11-15-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Only until another new username appears posting the same nonsense.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:28 PM

Ha ha, found the comment about me being from Britain pretty humorous. My handle comes from my love for Brittanies the hunting dogs. I stand firmly on my views in light of what has happened. Life is not fair, and leaders have to lead. In this case tightening up immigration policies makes sense in light of what has happened recently. They can be revisited at a later date and amended.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
As it should.You keep presenting facts.Can't have that kind of thing going on.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:53 PM

Its takes 6 months of record checks for a Canadian citizen to get a firearms license and we are going to let in 25,000 people without a thorough background check just to fulfill an election promise makes no sense.

Why put Canadians at risk ?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:19 PM

I'm willing to let in as many refugees as Trudeau is willing to allow in his neighbourhood. Which is to say - none.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
I'm willing to let in as many refugees as Trudeau is willing to allow in his neighbourhood. Which is to say - none.
I hear 24 Sussex Drive is vacant right now....he can move them in there and hire them to renovate it...win/win
Old 11-15-2015, 06:36 PM

Its a tough gig for the citizens of Syria and Iraq etc but freedom is worth fighting for and that is what I believe they should do. Our forefathers fought for ours.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by histyle View Post

13% have been proven to be ISIS or ISIS supporters according to sources in the UK. That means out of 25000 coming here we'd end up with another 3250 solid supporters on top of the weaker supporters already here.

Arm up, move West and watch the East find out the hard way they screwed up. Then go and clean up the mess and tell whoever survived in Eastern Canada that we told them this would happen.

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 11-15-2015, 07:58 PM

I was very surprised to hear a group of nurses talking today, about how they are so glad they voted ndp, because it will be nice to help the refugees, and that it will be less than a year before they are all sent back. So they feel good that they are getting a vacation.

I was speechless.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000yards View Post
I was very surprised to hear a group of nurses talking today, about how they are so glad they voted ndp, because it will be nice to help the refugees, and that it will be less than a year before they are all sent back. So they feel good that they are getting a vacation.

I was speechless.
You can't fix stupid, and obviously the NDP is happy about that.