Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2015, 08:31 AM

Default Want to buy sectional couch but not to impressed

With the shops we've visited in Calgary so far. We have been to Leon's, The Brick, Ashley's, Lazy boy and wandered through Costco but they did not have any furniture on display.
So I'm wondering if anybody here can post up some other shops that they've been to so we have more avenues to explore.

Thanks
Old 11-14-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakoda boater View Post
With the shops we've visited in Calgary so far. We have been to Leon's, The Brick, Ashley's, Lazy boy and wandered through Costco but they did not have any furniture on display.
So I'm wondering if anybody here can post up some other shops that they've been to so we have more avenues to explore.

Thanks
I would stay far away from the first 3. We have a Lazy Boy sectional that we bought 20 years ago and it's been good. I also had a Lazy Boy recliner and the mechanism failed prematurely. You can't go wrong with Costco and their return policy.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM

You skipped IKEA? For solid quality stuff there's Ambers in the NE across from Costco but I don't know if they'd have much for sectionals. My IKEA leather couch has held up very well and has got to be easily 15 years old.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:49 AM

Not sure what your budget is, but Halstead Sofas near to ikea make sofas custom... takes a bit of time and a bit more $$$, but we love ours.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:54 AM
AO Sponsor

We have purchased a sofa and a sectional from Revolve Furnishings and have been super happy with them. They have some pretty high end stuff but also some reasonable, especially if you find some sale items. Our sectional is over 4k normally but it was a cuatom order that the guy bailed out on so we scooped it for close to their cost less the deposit the guy paid. Ended up being $1500. If you go to the one in Crossiron, talk to Nick Mao. He is the store manager and a really good guy. If you mention tirebob he might help you even a bit more!
Old 11-14-2015, 09:15 AM

Another pricey option is Nordesign. They have some very different styles and quality seems to be quite good.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:18 AM

sectional couch or sexual couch ?

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:31 AM

Try Sears .... we got this Natuzzi in Red Deer for $2900. as a result of the South side store closing. They may still have a few other floor models available at really good prices.

http://www.sears.ca/product/natuzzi-...02-21287-21287

Old 11-14-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
You skipped IKEA? For solid quality stuff there's Ambers in the NE across from Costco but I don't know if they'd have much for sectionals. My IKEA leather couch has held up very well and has got to be easily 15 years old.
We did the same thing as OP. Went to all the heavy advertisers (Leons, Brick, etc) and found nothing but crap, stuff you would see in your Grammas house.
Then we went to Ikea. Way more selection, way more modern, and the buying process was so easy. Find the item you like, write the number down, walk down, pick it up in the warehouse, pay for it and out the door!! They're always quite busy...but they move 'em through there super fast! Plus you can have lunch while you're there!!

I love Ikea.

We found one small item at Leons (A footstool) and OMG what a procedure...it was a 45 minute wait before we had it in the vehicle.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:06 AM

Default Thanks

Well look at all the shops we've over looked and they are all down in the south. IKEA, Halstead, Revolve, Nordesign and Sears.
Thanks all!
Old 11-14-2015, 10:16 AM

If you are not in a rush find a palliser dealer and do a custom order, pick fabric or leather, design, want any parts of the sectional to recline and so on...

We did this 6 years ago and are very happy.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakoda boater View Post

Thanks
McArthers and bondars,,,, quality cost tho,,,,spent 9 grand on a massive sectional at Bondars.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:59 PM

Default Want to buy sectional couch but not to impressed

Just needed a basic sectional and weren't happy with Leon's and Ashley.

With active kids, we didn't want anything too fancy, but we also didn't want junk.

Ended up getting what I'm sitting on now... From Costco.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:08 AM

Default Crossroad Furniture Gallery

http://crossroadfurniture.ca/ah1
One of the last places you can bargain for stuff on the spot, we've never left here with anything less than 15% off sticker price, and depending on the market or what you're looking for, haggling down 20-25% is not unheard of. Have to wander and sift through a lot of stuff, but worth a stop in.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:56 AM

Take a peek at showtime furniture by cabelas. They have a wide variety. After looking st many stores and websites we found a nice couch their but had to special order the exact one we wanted. Got them down 10% but felt that I wouldn't get anymore outta them. We have had it for about 8 months now so time will tell but seems like good quality stuff. Great service as well. Met the owner of the store doing his best to satisfy customers.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:52 AM

Another option could be Kijiji. Furniture does not hold its value very well and some people will get rid of perfectly good furniture because it doesn't match the new paint scheme. With many people moving out of Alberta, there could be some very good deals as well because often it's cheaper to sell big furniture than to move it.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 AM

Default sectional

I ended up buying ours from sears online, was kind of risky not seeing it in person, but we needed a smaller size. Turned out perfect and has lasted well!

WTB - BULK AMMO AROUND SOUTHERN ALBERTA
WTB - USED DUCKS UNLIMITED FIREARMS
WTB - USED WINCHESTER COMM FIREARMS
WTB - OLD / RUSTY / UNWANTED FIXER UPPERS
WTB - BROKEN FIREARMS
WTB - RIMFIRE / SHOTGUN MAGAZINES
WTB - ORIGINAL CONDITION COOEY'S
Old 11-15-2015, 09:38 AM

I have purchased couches from IKEA and Lazy boy both couches were great.... there were more options with customizing with lazy boy I have a huge sectional with a chaise pull out queen bed corner seat, love seat with recliner on the end.... this couch is massive I have owned it since '04 and no problems by far the most comfortable couch I have ever owned and everyone that sits on it loves it!!! The wife wanted a new couch and found one at Cricklewood Interiors.... Absolutely the worst couch ever the worst customer service ever and all it is is a love seat and chaise we have had it back three times since we bought it to have the foam replaced and then they claim that they couldn't match the density of the foam so I know have a couch with two different foams in the cushions so its uneven when sitting on it... ( I could have bought 2.5 custom sectionals for the price I paid for the little couch.... will my wife be allowed to buy something like that.....NEVER AGAIN......does she read this forum....NEVER.... I'm safe )
Old 11-15-2015, 09:52 PM

Try Sofaland. It's the only place I will go now. Dealt with leather couch dyes flaking off Natuzzi couches at the Brick, inferior particle board frames, etc.

Sofaland is family owned, a wide selection and 10 year warranty and there is no difference in price compared to the marked up garbage sold in the box stores.