Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Duk Dog

Default Finally!!

Well the Flames finally pulled off a win in a shoot out!! About time. Now they have to try and get the W on the road.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Charmax

Default Re: 1st place is ours...........ok tied....

I think Kipper has been practicing, he knew exacly what they where going to do it seemed. Well there's one big hurdle we over came now to focus on the road. Next test the SMYTHLESS Coilers. I bet it will be a rough game.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Jamie Hunt

WOW. was the last 15 minutes great.
Kipper looked incrediable in that shoot out
Iggys goal was crazy. I watched that replay 12 times I dont know how it squezed in there.

The crowd was going nuts, it sounded like a playoff game.
I woke my wife up when they scored to tie it and when they won it. She's not to happy.

Big win.
We can beat these guys in a 7 game series
I did notice that DEREK BOOGAARD was not in the line up. Perhaps he has learned his lesson not to mess with the Flames.:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Jamie
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Charmax

Jamie, they were saying that Boogaard and Godard were suppose to play but they got scratched just before the game. I hate watch games on TSN the announcers suck and the camera angles they use suck as well. I have noticed that in the past when there is a fight they will scan the crowd before showing the fight, so if the fight only lasts a couple punches you miss it. Then at the end of the game the went to there normal programing. I didn't see you the 3 stars were, does any one know? But if they were to show a eastern team then they show alot more.

Just switched to the Coilers and Wild and it does look good for the Coil. Come on Coil lets go. We tired them out last night.lol
Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Rocks

Hate to kick dirt in the oilers face when their down but... have they scored a goal since they traded Smyth? They're down 5-0 to the Wild right now, looks like Smyth is gonna do good on the Island, good for him.

Seriously, they should of never traded 94, thats a player you want to keep. You want to trade someone - hemsky (looks good out there but will never finish), sykora (too small, disappears in the playoffs), horcoff (3rd liner at best on most teams), there ya go got room to pay Smyth plus a couple decent players.

Lowe just screwed the team, it'll take a couple years to recover from the damage he just did.

And Ryan, if you're gonna cry at the airport cause you got traded maybe you should tell your agent to make a deal?

Oh ya GO FLAMES GO!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
BrownBear416

Default Ahhh...

Never mind are the Coiler's going to win another game this season but are they going to score a goal.:lol

I find it funny that Stortini wants to fight everyone but boogard isn't he there so guys like this don't take runs at there player's.

I always hated George L but i think you need him.:rolleyes

I know i should not have been cheering for minn tonight but i just can't help it.:rollin :rollin
Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Tree Guy

Default Re: Ahhh...

Well, that's what you see when the heart is ripped out of the team. Smyth ment to Edmonton what Iggy and Kipper do COMBINED! His tears at the airport were from months of listening to his agent ( and lets face it, no one here is going to claim Smyth is the sharpest spoon in the knife drawer) tell him that there was NO WAY THEY'D TRADE THE FACE OF THE FRANCHISE! 'Hey Ryan, we're only $100K per year apart, they would never trade you on Mess's day, we got it, be strong.' Hello, you idiots, you are talking about the guys who traded Gretzky et all! Do you think that your are bigger than that? Idiots!! Love 'em or hate 'em, whatever, but you sure as hell gotta feel for we Oilers fans. And speaking only for myself, I really hope that you guys don't have to go through this in Calgary, I don't wish this on anyone (well, except for the leafs or kanuckle heads). :evil :rollin
Old 03-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Rocks

Best thing I heard the last couple days was that Laraque came within a whisker of signing with Calgary just to spite the oilers before getting the offer to play with Crosby/Pens, said he would have loved to put on Flames red and play agianst the oilers because how they treated him and other coil players...

Oh ya GO FLAMES GO!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Jamie Hunt

You know I can’t even make fun of the Oilers.
Its kind of like picking on that kid with the bad hair cut, the food stuck to the side of his face who rides the little school bus. Eventually he takes all the fun out of it by living up to exactly what you thought about him
SIGH

Ok moving on and not talking about "also rans"
Another battle of Alberta on Sat night. Any chance the Oilers are going to try and take some frustration out on Calgary? Or are they going to roll over and play dead? I think it could get ugly.
Quick question, does the home team get to see the other teams starting line up before they submit theirs? Just wondering why Min had the guts to put their so called tuff guy out against Ed, but didn’t against Calgary??

Jamie
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Duk Dog

Wouldn't surprise me if Edmonton comes out flying, nothing like the battle of Alberta to pump you up. I just hope Calgary doesn't take the Smyth-less Oilers too lightly. We all know about the Flames brutal road record...
Old 03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Okotokian

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if Edmonton comes out flying, nothing like the battle of Alberta to pump you up. I just hope Calgary doesn't take the Smyth-less Oilers too lightly. We all know about the Flames brutal road record...
As an Oiler fan, I'd love to see it, but I wouldn't bet on it. SInce the trade the Oilers appear to have lost their heart, or at least their will to win. Outscored 8 to 0 in the last two games. Sad.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
BrownBear416

Default Tough Guy's.

I think Godard will be in the line up for hockey night in Canada...

Just had a refresher course at YOU TUBE...Godard whooped the s##t out of Stortini and Boogard.

I think that big win in Minn will really turn things around for us leading into this road trip.

Here's hoping for a 6 point road trip.:eek :eek
Old 03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
perchfisher90

Default lol

Well its been a disapointing couple of weeks, lol...i dont got much time here between periods, ill get into the smyth trade later. All i can say for now is Roli has been sharp as hell, and this game considering what has happened, we have done VERY well. Just saw the pisani from last years playoffs on his last goal to give him 2 tonight! Hemmer is aparently injured again with an upper body injury...just lovely, wut else can go wrong:\ It should be 4-2 for the oilers if we scored on half of the posts we got. Should be a great third period, I would love to see stortini clobber godard.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:56 AM
BrownBear416

Default WooHoo

Perch you where right about one thing it was a great third period.

Kippy was great in the third,roli was not and that decided the game.

Dion's hit was massive.:eek :eek :eek

Flames are on a roll.

Stortini was afraid of a clobbering that's why he stayed away.:lol
Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: WooHoo

Good game. Some great hits on both sides. Kipper once again looked like a GOD in the 3rd period.
Now we just need Van to start loseing

Jamie
Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Tucumseh

Default Re: WooHoo

Perchy you think Rolie has been as sharp as hell, I don't think so. He has been sporadic like always. I think the soilers are falling about at the seams.
Go Flames Go!:hat
Old 03-05-2007, 12:23 AM
fallairfever

Default Re: Rebuilding??

I can not help but think this is the start of a couple years of actual rebuilding for my Oilers. They have in the last decade been a team that has been competative, just good enough to usually get into the play-offs, and that was good enough for most fans. Now with Smyth gone, and the Oilers heart with it and all the draft picks we have, Are they going to take a 2-3 year approach in hopes of making another huge push like last year? I think in the cap system you are going to be seeing alot of teams go in cycles. The flames for example have this year and next to make something happen then its going to get pretty much blown up and it will time to start over again.

I see Edmonton playing out the last 17 games or so just under 500.

I hate to see Smyth in another jersey :evil
but until free agency starts and I see what Lowe does with the 5.5 mil I am reserving judgement.

I am sure that alot of people will say that I am not a true Oilers fan but I cant help but hope that they have a good run again this year, I love to cheer against them when they play the Oil but if they cant make it I will be cheering for the other Alberta team.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Jamie Hunt

Boy, everyone but one team gained points tonight. To many ties.
Someone PLEASE beat Van. I want 3rd

Jamie
Old 03-05-2007, 10:08 AM
jrs

Canucks going to the playoffs Jamie!! Hope the Flamers start losing . Go Canucks . Oh well, its already a good season for everyone else as Edmonton will be golfing early :lol .
Old 03-06-2007, 08:58 PM
perchfisher90

Default Tuc

Tuc, roli has not been sporatic, mabey early season, but whenever its playoff crunch time hes been fantastic (until the whole team got their heart ripped out that is)..meh, oilers are out, so i'll have to cheer for my team i'v watched since I stated watching hockey years and years and years ago before i moved to edmonton, and still watch...the sabres!..so GO BUFFALO! Very impressed by their year this year.

Im also enjoying watching kipper choke this game, the blues scored two goals on him in the first, both goals he shoulda had:rollin They even scored on their first shot on net:rollin :rollin :rollin the shames will not win the cup if they keep playin like this, which I bet they will because they have all season.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Baulde

Default Re: Tuc

I think perch should predict EVERY game. Seriously, you should NEVER ever .... ever .... play the lottery.

:rollin :rollin
Looks like kipper had a bad 20 min streak while Rolli gets bad 20 period streaks.

Next up: Nashville
Old 03-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Tucumseh

Quote:
Im also enjoying watching kipper choke this game, the blues scored two goals on him in the first, both goals he shoulda had They even scored on their first shot on net the shames will not win the cup if they keep playin like this, which I bet they will because they have all season.
Dam it Perchy, ya put your foot in your mouth again.:lol
You better wait until the game is over before you have something to say.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Jamie Hunt

Perchy

YOUR THE BEST!!!
Keep sayin we will not win the cup and with your luck we will.

Once again thanks
Jamie
Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
perchfisher90

Default lol

lol, comedy. stupid shamers, or should i say blues for letting that lead go. anyway, i KNOW for a fact you guys will win in nashville im predicting right now, 6-1 shames. Good luck:rollin :rollin

:evil
Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 AM
BrownBear416

Default woohoo.

Another big win going into the Nashville Game.

Hard to pick the 3 stars in this game.

Old primeau sewed on some soft hands for this game,he sure looked happy when that SH goal went in.:lol

Does anyone notice at the end of the game who always has the biggest smile on his face..NOODLE'S...

I hope we can whoop those Pred's.:eek
Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Tucumseh

Default Re: woohoo.

Awwwe, thats better Perchy, a little reverse physcology. :hat
Old 03-07-2007, 07:47 AM
fishnamed

I just had too put this up, sorry coiler fans for rubbing salt so to speak, but man does this ring true......
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Morbius131

That is Funny but unfortunately for Flames Fans, NO ONE has ever liked Calgary enough to cry when leaving. 100% of the time it is absolute and pure happiness when they leave.:rollin

Morb
Old 03-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Jamie Hunt

Good road trip so far. Preds will be tougher.
If Calgary can keep winning on the road, they will be a force in the playoffs. However 2 road wins dont win a cup.
Jamie
Old 03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
bigbore

Quote:
That is Funny but unfortunately for Flames Fans, NO ONE has ever liked Calgary enough to cry when leaving. 100% of the time it is absolute and pure happiness when they leave.

OWN3D !!!!

I was even born in calgary and hate to admit it