Angry Liberals off to a good start.

Another nail in the coffin for Alberta.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...oast-1.3318086
Old 11-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Banned

Maybe PET is his father.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 PM
Banned

so no more shipping oil to anywhere but the US?

way to limit the market... i'm sure our oil is worth so much more now
Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 PM

Never mind that the economy is in the ****ter and keystone XL already got squashed...
Old 11-13-2015, 03:13 PM

NEP II here it comes.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Gone Hunting

Is this linked to legalizing pot. Nevermind I don't care

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 11-13-2015, 03:21 PM

Only way to move oil is by airship, helicopter, train - who owns or has most invested interest in these transportation methods. Follow the money.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Banned

So Enbridge is dead-in-the-water ('kept Line 9 reversal), Trans-Mtn & Energy East are the only pipe proposals left.
Kinder Morgan should shut TMPL down for a week for "maintenance," watch what happens when SW BC runs out of fuel.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gill View Post
So Enbridge is dead-in-the-water ('kept Line 9 reversal), Trans-Mtn & Energy East are the only pipe proposals left.
Kinder Morgan should shut TMPL down for a week for "maintenance," watch what happens when SW BC runs out of fuel.
why bother sending it east?

they'll just shut the tankers down there too
Old 11-13-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
why bother sending it east?

they'll just shut the tankers down there too
I don't think they want to send oil East for export.
They want to replace the 770,000 barerls a day that Eastern Canada is importing from Saudi Arabia, Africa and Venezuela.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Banned

Energy East is planned in part to support crude oil exports. Irving is a supporter because it has it's own tanker fleet as well as Canada's largest refinery.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:02 PM

Yep just keep shipping it down south via the tippy rail cars that keep on flopping over. **** for brains he has.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 11-13-2015, 06:37 PM

Its all Harpers fault
Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 PM

From the article,

"Enbridge said in a statement that despite the mandate for a moratorium on tanker traffic, it is confident the federal government will consult with 26 of 45 First Nations that have signed on with the project about what impact a tanker ban could have on them and also a perceived economic boost for Western Canada."

"Still, Enbridge says the earliest the pipeline could be built is 2019, prompting some analysts to question whether the company is fully committed to the project given the obstacles it still faces.

The moratorium would require legislation and would no doubt prompt debate in the House of Commons."

So basically, there is still hope for this project. I'm unsure if this moratorium was a campaign pledge, but there is often more than meets the eye. I expect this potential moratorium will be debated within the House of Commons and I mean actually debated, unlike the previous Harper government who stifled debate.

I look forward to some open dialogue from the new Government of Canada.

finally, the earth swung around
Old 11-13-2015, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCanada View Post
From the article,

"Enbridge said in a statement that despite the mandate for a moratorium on tanker traffic, it is confident the federal government will consult with 26 of 45 First Nations that have signed on with the project about what impact a tanker ban could have on them and also a perceived economic boost for Western Canada."

"Still, Enbridge says the earliest the pipeline could be built is 2019, prompting some analysts to question whether the company is fully committed to the project given the obstacles it still faces.

The moratorium would require legislation and would no doubt prompt debate in the House of Commons."

So basically, there is still hope for this project. I'm unsure if this moratorium was a campaign pledge, but there is often more than meets the eye. I expect this potential moratorium will be debated within the House of Commons and I mean actually debated, unlike the previous Harper government who stifled debate.

I look forward to some open dialogue from the new Government of Canada.
Just like the debate about pulling our troops?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Just curious, has that occurred as of yet? It will be debated, but it was also a campaign pledge. Since they won a majority mandate from the Canadian people based on specific pledges made, I would expect the Government of Canada to do everything possible to follow through with them.

Old 11-13-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Just curious, has that occurred as of yet? It will be debated, but it was also a campaign pledge. Since they won a majority mandate from the Canadian people based on specific pledges made, I would expect the Government of Canada to do everything possible to follow through with them.
How will that look to our for now allies if the Paris killers turn out to be Isis backed I wonder?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looks like the marching orders were delivered via mandate letter as early as November 6 to pull out. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...LE&ocid=ASUDHP
Old 11-13-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods_walker View Post
Looks like the marching orders were delivered via mandate letter as early as November 6 to pull out. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...LE&ocid=ASUDHP
Yep, and no debate or a vote in parliament.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
How will that look to our for now allies if the Paris killers turn out to be Isis backed I wonder?
It didn't look good before the Paris disaster, let alone now.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Yep, and no debate or a vote in parliament.
I could be wrong, but those "marching orders" delivered in the "mandate letter" are directions that the PM wants his Ministers to take. I don't believe they are directives that are official.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is I think they are the goals that the Ministers should be working towards and coming up with strategies to implement. Then those strategies would be brought to the PM and then likely passed to the House of Commons for debate and implementation. It is unlikely that the Minister of Defence can just say to the overseas commanders, "bring them home, now", without detailing to Trudeau how in fact that will occur and receiving his approval.

Old 11-14-2015, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I could be wrong, but those "marching orders" delivered in the "mandate letter" are directions that the PM wants his Ministers to take. I don't believe they are directives that are official.
Give a military man "marching orders" and it is a directive or as we would call them... orders.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Basically, what I'm trying to say is I think they are the goals that the Ministers should be working towards and coming up with strategies to implement. Then those strategies would be brought to the PM and then likely passed to the House of Commons for debate and implementation. It is unlikely that the Minister of Defence can just say to the overseas commanders, "bring them home, now", without detailing to Trudeau how in fact that will occur and receiving his approval.
I don't think you understand how things work with the military or other things for that matter. Not trying to be a d&!k.

Although after this terorrist attack I wouldn't be surprised if the liberals change there mind.

http://www.hilltimes.com/news/2015/1...rstrikes/44218

Last edited by dmcbride; 11-14-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Your "facts" seem to have a lot of "likely" and "unlikely" dispersed through out,
Old 11-15-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:

So it's only general instructions for screwing Alberta, and not actual directives? That's OK then, right? LOL
Old 11-15-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Only way to move oil is by airship, helicopter, train - who owns or has most invested interest in these transportation methods. Follow the money.
Hmmm, the initials W.B. come to mind....
Old 11-16-2015, 06:01 AM

So no tankers loading or unloading in canada. I bet the US will still have hundreds of tankers traveling in Canadian waters to and from Alaska. Only gonna screw Canadians.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
So no tankers loading or unloading in canada. I bet the US will still have hundreds of tankers traveling in Canadian waters to and from Alaska. Only gonna screw Canadians.
oh i love the truth