Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Banned

Same here.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:20 PM

Just renewed.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:17 AM

Bullsey London is doing another "donation sale" for the CCFR. They matched funds on the last one, makes it quick and easy to do as well.

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/canadi...-donation.html
Old 05-07-2020, 09:34 AM

Bought my membership today and donated a little more.

Mr Conservation
Old 05-07-2020, 02:14 PM

Joined and sent a link to do the same to every number I have in my phone.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:31 PM

Default CDFR is suing

How do I join?
Old 05-08-2020, 01:58 AM

Default Joined

Signed up the day the ban was announced. I would be interested to see this fought as a human rights issue. Use the UN against them. According to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of which Canada is a signatory;

Art 3. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person. - Security of person can only be assured if we are able to defend ourselves on equal footing with a potential threat, because we can't know ahead of time we have to assume a criminal would use a firearm, we also have the right to the same.

Art 12 . No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Art 17. (1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.

Art 30. Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

Not exactly a right to bear arms, but certainly something to think about.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN offroader View Post
Signed up the day the ban was announced. I would be interested to see this fought as a human rights issue. Use the UN against them. According to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of which Canada is a signatory;

Art 3. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person. - Security of person can only be assured if we are able to defend ourselves on equal footing with a potential threat, because we can't know ahead of time we have to assume a criminal would use a firearm, we also have the right to the same.

Art 12 . No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Art 17. (1) Everyone has the right to own property alone as well as in association with others.
(2) No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his property.

Art 30. Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

Not exactly a right to bear arms, but certainly something to think about.
Ya I'm not sure giving merit to ANYTHING the UN says is the way to go here. Especially when it comes to civilian firearm ownership

https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/arti...ingle-solution
Old 05-08-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dth_ View Post
Ya I'm not sure giving merit to ANYTHING the UN says is the way to go here. Especially when it comes to civilian firearm ownership

https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/arti...ingle-solution
That is an opinion piece article by someone from the UN, the UDHR is formal UN policy. It would be nice to defeat them using their own platform. Plus, if you feel that your rights are being infringed, you can take your concerns to the Human Rights Commission.

from the preamble... Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

and , Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law