Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2018, 10:13 AM

Default Android tv

Kodi is out Terrarium was good but is out, any suggestions for shows not available on netflix? The free streamers are being knocked off, I guess it was only a matter of time.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:41 AM

Terrerrium is not out and Kodi is fine and many other options are out there. Talk to someone or pm in the know or do some homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugh View Post
Kodi is out Terrarium was good but is out, any suggestions for shows not available on netflix? The free streamers are being knocked off, I guess it was only a matter of time.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:09 PM

If you're not finding any up & running apk's or Kodi addon's working, you're not looking very hard, lots of stuff up.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:23 PM

Has anyone used Kori on a laptop ?
Is it compatible with windows ?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller View Post
Has anyone used Kori on a laptop ?
Is it compatible with windows ?
Yes and Yes I find it easier to work on in windows but I tend to modify a lot .Do some reading and lots of youtube videos out there to show you how it is done
Old 09-26-2018, 05:52 PM

I have Kodi on 3 laptops here at home as well as all my android devices (7) of them in total. Kodi works fine and have been using it for several years. There are many apps out there that work as well or better and are easier to work with so spend more time that way. Try Tea TV as well as it is a great app you can also run on your windows. Feel free to pm if you need some help.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:16 PM

Gaia for Kodi is best if you have Real Debrid. Real Debrid is worth it for sure. I get 4K movies but Gaia isn't the best for shows. For Movies it cant be beat.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz295 View Post
Gaia for Kodi is best if you have Real Debrid. Real Debrid is worth it for sure. I get 4K movies but Gaia isn't the best for shows. For Movies it cant be beat.
Just a heads up gaia used torrents so a vpn in a must with it .Real Debrid I have used it but can live without it.Just been a lot of changes in the things in the past few months but do some reading you can find mist of what you need to know.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:03 PM

Torrents are fine to use with RD. Your ISP won't be able to see what you're watching since it's going through the RD servers. Gaia doesn't pull regular torrents just RD ones.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:29 PM

We have rural internet so I’m lucky to get 6-8mbps. We have 2 Android Boxes that are slloooowww. Don’t know if it’s our internet or the apps. Been running Terrarrium Flix and Morpheus. Any suggestions for some better apps (these are what came with it) that might work better with our limited internet?
Old 09-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro View Post
Yes and Yes I find it easier to work on in windows but I tend to modify a lot .Do some reading and lots of youtube videos out there to show you how it is done
Any particular video you’d recommend?
Old 09-27-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygringo View Post
I have Kodi on 3 laptops here at home as well as all my android devices (7) of them in total. Kodi works fine and have been using it for several years. There are many apps out there that work as well or better and are easier to work with so spend more time that way. Try Tea TV as well as it is a great app you can also run on your windows. Feel free to pm if you need some help.
Thanks for the offer.
I try first, then probably be in touch. Lol
Old 09-27-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
We have rural internet so I’m lucky to get 6-8mbps. We have 2 Android Boxes that are slloooowww. Don’t know if it’s our internet or the apps. Been running Terrarrium Flix and Morpheus. Any suggestions for some better apps (these are what came with it) that might work better with our limited internet?
The problem is most likely due to your android boxes, you get what you pay for, and it is very true when talking android boxes. 6-8mbps will stream HD if it is constant, but will definitely do SD.
I use a Nvidia Shield box, it is regarded as the Cadillac for streaming. It is more than 2x's the price of a so called topend Android box but worth every cent.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Torrents are fine to use with RD. Your ISP won't be able to see what you're watching since it's going through the RD servers. Gaia doesn't pull regular torrents just RD ones.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If your using Torrents, I would be using a VPN. Even if you ISP doesn't send you a nasty letter, they can throttle you speed to the point you can't watch any streams.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:50 PM

That is slow but should be enough if your box is spec'd ok. Make sure you clear the caches on your apps regularly and also unplug and restart your router to clear it as well. If you are not doing this may be a big part of your issues. Again pm me if you have questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbiddy View Post
Old 09-27-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcmax05 View Post
The problem is most likely due to your android boxes, you get what you pay for, and it is very true when talking android boxes. 6-8mbps will stream HD if it is constant, but will definitely do SD.
I use a Nvidia Shield box, it is regarded as the Cadillac for streaming. It is more than 2x's the price of a so called topend Android box but worth every cent.
Quote:
That is slow but should be enough if your box is spec'd ok. Make sure you clear the caches on your apps regularly and also unplug and restart your router to clear it as well. If you are not doing this may be a big part of your issues. Again pm me if you have questions.
I think it’s a X96 Box?!? I do clear the cache and restart the router quite a bit actually. The guy we got it from will update it but he’s an hour away so it’s a PITA. I am somewhat computer savvy but it’s more the time I dont have to play around with it. It get frustrating to the point of not really using it anymore.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
0.5 Mb/s for viewing standard definition on a laptop computer. While you can stream Netflix at speeds of 0.5 Mb/s, the quality will be grainy on a large screen, much like watching an old VHS movie. Netflix recommends at least 1.5 Mb/s minimum.
3 Mb/s for viewing standard definition video (480p) on a TV
4 Mb/s for viewing high-def video (720p, 1080p)
5 Mb/s or more for the best audio and video experience
15 Mb/s for 4K streaming (but 25mb/s is preferred). Also recommended is a 4K Ultra TV with an HEVC decoder

( I cut & paste this from the interweb)
Old 09-27-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. If your using Torrents, I would be using a VPN. Even if you ISP doesn't send you a nasty letter, they can throttle you speed to the point you can't watch any streams.
Gaia only pulls Real Debrid torrents no others. They are hosted on the real debris servers and only shows Real Debrid not what you are watching. They can see its from Real Debrid servers but not what the content is. I am sure of this. When you sign up for RD you can select secured ports for downloads. I dont download but there is zero need for a VPN all it will do is slow your connection.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muller View Post
Any particular video you’d recommend?
Not sure anymore have lost a lot of guys that had good vids since I set mine up.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:08 PM

Wow lots of advice there thank you. I use MyGica and only get "error installing" I'm not very tech savvy but will check the settings to see if the watcha-ma-call-its are turned off.
Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 AM

I just loaded Smoking build from the eden wizard on to my Kodi. Seems pretty good so far but haven't had a chance to check everything out yet. Lots of live tv seems to be working. Too bad Terrarium is gone.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
I just loaded Smoking build from the eden wizard on to my Kodi. Seems pretty good so far but haven't had a chance to check everything out yet. Lots of live tv seems to be working. Too bad Terrarium is gone.

There is a work around to get Terranium working if you still want it. I just installed in a few nights ago. Works exactly as before. Let me know if you want to give it a go and Ill try to find the link I used.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:20 AM

Just load the updated terrerium apk and be done. No need to do anything to it.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
There is a work around to get Terranium working if you still want it. I just installed in a few nights ago. Works exactly as before. Let me know if you want to give it a go and Ill try to find the link I used.
Please post the link

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM

Just load the updated terrerium apk and be done. No need to do anything to it.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:30 PM

FYI, Terrarium patch will be done after Sept 30th.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:20 PM

Personally I never used it but the wife liked it. I prefer Morpheus and a little Tea Tv. There are many others I use occasionally too and and some good live sports apps.

Quote:
FYI, Terrarium patch will be done after Sept 30th.