Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2018, 08:14 PM

Default Reputable Roofing Company

Bought a house this winter and it looks like the shingles need to be replaced. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good, quality roofer in Edmonton?
We got a couple quotes but they were higher than we expected but could be what it now costs.

Would be nice to use someone that knows what they are doing or has good references rather than a Kijiji special or hack company.
Thanks
Old 04-26-2018, 08:33 PM

I am a general contractor and have used Acron roofing for my projects for many years. They do both commercial and residential. Different crews. If your interested in getting a quote from them you can pm me and I will put you in touch with the estimator I use. I am sure they will not be the cheapest quote, but I can say the work will be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2018, 08:55 PM

AA Roofing in Sherwood Park. They did mine and several other houses around me. I could have had mine done for $600 less but felt AA wasn't making short cuts. I now need my garage done and they will be doing it.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 PM

We used TNR . Did ours and a couple of our neighbors. Price was reasonable, and would use them again
Old 04-26-2018, 09:17 PM
Banned

No Limits Construction, Sean Powelko, 780 292 2458
Old 04-27-2018, 07:12 AM

It seems like everyone in Leduc uses Beck's Roofing or Wolff Roofing. They prices they gave us were significantly cheaper than the one outfit from Edmonton we had quote for us.
We had Becks do ours late 2016. Only real complaint was they left too many nails in the yard.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:20 AM

X2 for Acron but they won't be the cheapest, quality work never is.

Jensen roofing did ours a couple years ago. They were the middle quote in pricing and got the job done. Shingles looked good and the roof doesn't leak. Not sure what else a guy could want.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:25 AM

Default Roofer

I am a contractor in Edmonton, and we use Brad Sartison Roofing, 100% of the time. His prices are great, and his workmanship is excellent. He doesn't send his crew to do the work, he is on the roof with his crew. And his pricing is competitive.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:35 AM

Don't chinch out on ice and water shield is my only input.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-27-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Western View Post
Bought a house this winter and it looks like the shingles need to be replaced. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good, quality roofer in Edmonton?
We got a couple quotes but they were higher than we expected but could be what it now costs.

Would be nice to use someone that knows what they are doing or has good references rather than a Kijiji special or hack company.
Thanks
My advice is to do your work, even if you get a referral, don't depend on it. Dig into your contractor a bit. Make sure they have all applicable licenses with the province and the municipality. I would also ensure that they are not just an "administrative contractor" - that being a contractor that only provides the quote and writes up the contract, only to farm out the work out to a sub. This is especially important with roofers, because they are about as sketchy as they come. Seems everyone released from prison either becomes a roofer or a landscaper.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:09 AM

Roof Ex in Edmonton did my House & Garage, Parents and uncles place plus many in my hood(lives in the hood). Local guy, decent quote Imo and good work.

Jules is his name.

ROOF-EX

Phone: (780) 803-1616
Old 04-27-2018, 10:10 AM

And don't let them use BP shingles unless you want to redo it in 10 years.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:25 PM

Jayson Global Roofing in Edmonton is very good. Not cheap, but you won't have any problems with the work.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Banned

Search out BobbyB here as a member, he used to do this and has retired, but perhaps he knows
Old 04-27-2018, 08:02 PM

Thanks everyone for the good suggestions. I will start looking into a bunch of these guys. Willing to pay for quality work, but hate paying top dollar for sub-par.

Another reason this forum can be such a great place!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:38 PM

Fair and square roofing did my house couple of years ago and my buddy’s house a few months prior to it. Great workmanship, happy with the results. Good price.
Contact Dominic Plaza at 780-499-9668.