Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-21-2016, 01:00 PM

Default Now Bombardier says it's going to outsource jobs.

I am livid
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle29313530/
This is just absolutely appalling
I hope Zoolander cuts their funding but I doubt it. hell fire up the idle machine shops in Alberta and start making airplane parts. That's what should be done.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:08 PM

I love the part where this Mr. Diaz says: “There’s no question the [federal] government needs to help Bombardier,” he said. “We’re talking about a valuable industry.”

I would think a valuable industry is one that earns money, ie Oil $ Gas, and helps the economy, not loses money and puts a strain on already overburdened tax payers.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Hale View Post
I love the part where this Mr. Diaz says: “There’s no question the [federal] government needs to help Bombardier,” he said. “We’re talking about a valuable industry.”

I would think a valuable industry is one that earns money, ie Oil $ Gas, and helps the economy, not loses money and puts a strain on already overburdened tax payers.
Honestly, I don't want to see ANY industry supported by taxpayer money. Not automobile plants, not airplane manufacturers, not O&G companies, not solar industry or wind industry. None, period.

Governments should just stay the flip away. Why pick winners or losers?

That being said, there needs to be a quicker way to react to changes in a provincial economy as far as transfer payments are concerned.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:52 PM

"Bombardier Inc. on Monday defended its plan to outsource more work on its Toronto-built Q400 turboprop planes to manufacturing sites outside Canada, saying its goal of cutting costs on the aircraft has nothing to do with its billion-dollar aid request from Ottawa.

“Bombardier is a global company and we have to take advantage of opportunities to grow our business and market presence on a worldwide basis,” said Bombardier commercial aircraft spokeswoman Marianella de la Barrera. "

Perhaps they should as those other governments for bailout!
Old 03-21-2016, 01:52 PM

Perhaps the Bombardier family who hold 79% of its class A stock should dig into their own private bank accounts to bail out their mostly private company. If the taxpayer is to be involved there'd better either be interest paid or controlling interest worth of shares and they can sit on their 30%.It may technically be publicly traded but they're holding onto those controlling shares like Ebenezer freaking Scrooge.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:40 PM

Quebec the parasite province, they take millions in transfer payments, and then they expect the government to give Quebec based companies bailout money.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:46 PM

Seems to me the only profitable operation Bombardier has is the Taxpayer Fleecing Division.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:53 PM
Banned

it makes no sense.

the only reason we would give them money is to save jobs if the jobs are gone they're not holding any cards anymore
Old 03-21-2016, 02:54 PM
Banned

See me der, I love da can am and Dat der is a for shore from the north Shore . Alberta der is jealous of all our maple syrup and poutine, dats what me der tinks about Dat. Tabernack! Lol
Old 03-21-2016, 02:56 PM

I think Bombardier should be able to outsource. And they should hit up the governments of the countries receiving jobs for their subsidy, not us.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Its all smoke and mirrors. Bombardier did the same thing a few years ago in an Ontario plant.
Watch, Trudeau will quicken the money to bombardier and then Bombardier wont outsource.

If bombardier outsourced plane parts to china, no one would buy them.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
Its all smoke and mirrors. Bombardier did the same thing a few years ago in an Ontario plant.
Watch, Trudeau will quicken the money to bombardier and then Bombardier wont outsource.

If bombardier outsourced plane parts to china, no one would buy them.
Bombardier has been using Chinese parts to build their planes for many years.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle18167496/

China is so good at building commercial jets they are now building and selling their own.
http://www.businessinsider.com/china...-plane-2015-11