Oh......wow.

-Billy Molls
Old 03-19-2016, 09:50 PM

Bushrat nailed it! Bravo!
Old 03-19-2016, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Society is turning into a bunch of over sensitive, whining crybabies who look for any excuse to feel sorry for themselves and force others to pick up their slack. There are thousands of people who have loved ones dying, loseing their houses or children in divorces or any number of terrible things happening in their lives. They can't afford to take a day off no matter what and then they have to go to work and pick up the slack for some bliss ninny who is traumatized because Fluffy their half blind arthritic cat finally died. Rediculous.
This is perfect..
Old 03-20-2016, 09:38 AM

When we had our family Springer put down, I was in my 2nd year of my Science degree. It was upsetting, but she had terminal cancer, and it was the best option for her. Studies needed to go on.
I took the maximum (5 days) when my brother died. When Schaffer goes (hopefully many years from now), I'll be absolutely devastated, but I won't expect my employer to give me leave.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 03-20-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAlbertan View Post
Seems companies are more widely offering this. Good on em.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/trending...ment-1.3495533

"Dr. Lianna Titcombe, director for the Pet Loss Support Group of Ottawa, says it's important for companies to introduce standing policies for bereavement time off for the death of a pet. "Many people who come through the door of the support group see the loss of their pet as significant as the loss of a spouse and many relate it to like losing a child, especially the ones who do not have human children," she says.

While employers are not expected to, it's not uncommon for many to quietly grant bereaved pet owners time off on a case-by-case basis under other paid-time or sick leave policies.

"In many cases, an employee can't perform their best after a loss of a pet. They're not focused. They're just not fully there and need the time to grieve in order to be their best self again," says Victoria-based counsellor and therapist Corrinne Allyson. "
You have got to be kidding me. Grow up people...I love my pets but good grief.

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 03-20-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Society is turning into a bunch of over sensitive, whining crybabies who look for any excuse to feel sorry for themselves and force others to pick up their slack. There are thousands of people who have loved ones dying, loseing their houses or children in divorces or any number of terrible things happening in their lives. They can't afford to take a day off no matter what and then they have to go to work and pick up the slack for some bliss ninny who is traumatized because Fluffy their half blind arthritic cat finally died. Rediculous.
Post of the year so far

Big mouth don't make a big man-John Wayne
Old 03-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Banned

10-4 Bushrat My lord where are we headed? No wonder we cant defeat ISIL !
Old 03-20-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake View Post
The same people who need bereavement leave when a pet dies are probably the same people who let their pets kiss them on the mouth....pathetic
No truer words spoker.

It's just a dog replace it like any other tool.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 03-20-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Well said man!

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 03-21-2016, 09:46 AM

I will definitely grieve when I lose my dog, but I can't, with a straight face, say I will be so distraught as to be unable to work. That's reserved for loss of wife or kids.

I took time off to attend the funerals of both my mother and father. I didn't take time off because I was too upset to work when they died. I'll give you that others might be more debilitated at those deaths. But your cat? No. Take a vacation day, or a sick day.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:55 AM

I hope my employer brings this forth. My cows are my pets. Each time one dies, man, I'm depressed, need some days off. Lol
Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
I hope my employer brings this forth. My cows are my pets. Each time one dies, man, I'm depressed, need some days off. Lol
And a BBQ to cheer everybody up LOL