Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 PM

Default Vet Recommendations

Looking for a recommendation for a vet please.

I am on the south end of Edmonton but willing to travel a short distance to find a reasonable vet.

The wife's fluffy white yappy dog is in need of some attention and don't want to have to re mortgage the house.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:17 PM

we go to one in the mayfield area just off 107 ave, they have been great with both our dogs,
Old 03-19-2014, 09:52 PM

Default Vet

Mills haven Vet in Sherwood Park. We have gone there for 20 years with good service. 780-464-5755.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 PM

The vet clinic in spruce grove are awesome they specialize in dogs and cats. I take my lab there if he ever has problems and prices are pretty reasonable.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:30 PM

Greenbank Veterinary. Near whats left of Capilano Mall. All of our dogs have gone there as puppys and had their last visits there. Many years of being a customer and no complaints.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:33 PM

Trimunicipal vet clinic is spruce grove. Personal friends of mine and very honest people. Prices are the norm for spruce. Anything outside of the city the prices generally go down a bit.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken G View Post
Mills haven Vet in Sherwood Park. We have gone there for 20 years with good service. 780-464-5755.
Excellent choice.

My vet as well
Old 03-20-2014, 04:53 PM

Default Animal Medical Centre Edmonton Ltd

2308 Parsons Rd
(780) 465-9494

Ask to see Dr. Joe! He is my close personal friend, hunting partner, and vet to my 14 year old hunting lab. He does not own the clinic, just on staff there, so I am not sure what the charges of this clinic are, but I can guarantee great service.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:50 PM

Companion vet, just south of AH on 111th street. Suprised how honest he is. Just opened last year, young guy whos brother and father are vets. For the record i usually drive to U of Sask for all things important with my dogs, im picky and this guy has been fair so far.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Greenbank Veterinary. Near whats left of Capilano Mall. All of our dogs have gone there as puppys and had their last visits there. Many years of being a customer and no complaints.
We took our animals there for a couple years, but had a few bad experiences. In one instance our dog had hernia surgery and was sent home with no pain meds and no cone. We ended up at the emergency hospital twice due to the initial incompetence and our dog suffered greatly. On another occasion we took a cat there for an exam and she only did a cursory check and missed that the poor thing had a prolapsed rectum. She is very quick and should spend much more time actually looking at the animals.

Now we go to Parkwest and Dr. Finyak is fantastic. He did an exam on the same cat and spent at least 3x the time doing the exam, and was very good when we had to put the cat down. The difference between green banks and Parkwest was incredible.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM

Granada Vet in Sherwood Park, excellent Dr.s and staff!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz Dog View Post
2308 Parsons Rd
(780) 465-9494

Ask to see Dr. Joe! He is my close personal friend, hunting partner, and vet to my 14 year old hunting lab. He does not own the clinic, just on staff there, so I am not sure what the charges of this clinic are, but I can guarantee great service.
x2 joe is a great guy , so is the other vet there ,i cant remember his name but has been awesome with both my dogs.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohlic View Post
We took our animals there for a couple years, but had a few bad experiences. In one instance our dog had hernia surgery and was sent home with no pain meds and no cone. We ended up at the emergency hospital twice due to the initial incompetence and our dog suffered greatly. On another occasion we took a cat there for an exam and she only did a cursory check and missed that the poor thing had a prolapsed rectum. She is very quick and should spend much more time actually looking at the animals.

Now we go to Parkwest and Dr. Finyak is fantastic. He did an exam on the same cat and spent at least 3x the time doing the exam, and was very good when we had to put the cat down. The difference between green banks and Parkwest was incredible.
Was it Greenbank who did the look see or her flunkie?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Was it Greenbank who did the look see or her flunkie?
It was her both times.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 PM

Delton Vet Hosp. in NE Edmonton. Jeff Person is a second generation vet that I know is very competent and caring. His father, Mike Person, started the Delton and was a well known vet.

http://www.deltonvet.com/our_team.html
Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz Dog View Post
2308 Parsons Rd
(780) 465-9494

x2 The least expensive, the most modern in Edmonton, surgery on our dog's knee.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
Looking for a recommendation for a vet please.

I am on the south end of Edmonton but willing to travel a short distance to find a reasonable vet.

The wife's fluffy white yappy dog is in need of some attention and don't want to have to re mortgage the house.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
What's wrong with your regular Vet?

Mac
Old 03-21-2014, 01:11 AM
Banned

Quote:

Parkwest and dr. Fi yak get another thumbs up
Old 03-21-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
It was her both times.

That's too bad, her hired vets over the years made me go hmm. Always had very good visits with her. Sorry to hear that.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:51 PM

Try the one next to the soybeys on 34th st. He lookes after are dog and isn't bad on the wallet. I do believe it is meadow brook vet clinic.

Gordon
Old 03-21-2014, 08:04 PM

I'd Second Tri-muni west of town. Better prices than in city, and they've got large and small critters covered. Also friends of ours, but that aside, I'd say well worth a bit of a drive too.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:

You should file a complaint with the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) about Greenbank Vet Services Ltd. There is no statute of Limitations. Their website tells you the process.
You have the advantage that you took your dog to the emergency clinic and they will be required to divulge what they saw in their examination, in a required statement to the AVMA.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:52 AM

Companion Vet - 111st and Ellerslie. That or the Ellerslie Pet Hospital.