Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2014, 03:27 PM

Cool! Just shared it on facebook, hope you get 1MM hits!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Banned

This is a really cool story to follow! With all of the interest that it's generating by the media, worldwide, it may just go viral after all. Good luck with this.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM

Video on Discovery shortly... Daily Planet. Just started!
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
This is a really cool story to follow! With all of the interest that it's generating by the media, worldwide, it may just go viral after all. Good luck with this.
It has been a cool ride but the emails and effort is significant. I am going to sign with one of those viral video management companies.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-01-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Yes, exactly!!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:04 PM

Sell sell sell! My wife told me to tell you to sell so you better do what she says. Trust me
Old 03-01-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan14 View Post
Sell sell sell! My wife told me to tell you to sell so you better do what she says. Trust me
LOL

Just signed a deal with a marketing company. They can deal with it all now. The last 5 day flurry of excitement was awesome...but really over my head. There are a lot of balls in motion on the internet and I was a mite on a flea on a dog in a house in a city in a country...

Now it will be fun to watch what they can do.

I went with this guy.

http://www.reelseo.com/video-go-viral-case-study/

If it happens again I will have greater knowledge and if it happens to anyone else...hopefully I can help pass along some learnings.

Cheers

Sun
Old 03-01-2014, 01:27 PM

Thought a few stats would be interesting.

I can not see how the video went viral. Looks like someone put it on Reddit Videos...CTV Vancouver ran it but not linked directly to me. Then it grew.

The majority of views are from the US.

Canada is tied with Brazil for second but well back of the US, and Australia, Germany and UK are pretty much tied for third. Most countries in the world however have at least one view including countries like Iraq, Haiti, Uganda, and interestingly only one in China.

77% of viewers are male and 33% female.

Most viewers 25 to 54 years old with 45-54 highest followed by 35-44 and then 25-34.

It will be neat to see if the views go up much now on youtube with a marketing company managing it. Currently I now sit at 49,500 and growing still but not super fast.
Old 03-01-2014, 01:49 PM

Won't be much longer and you'll be over a million. I've viewed it 5 times just to watch the progress. If it gets put on Yahoo front page or something like that, you'll get a few hundred thousand hits overnight. I'm a sucker for those featured videos, just like anyone else, I'll click. Enjoy the ride! It's pretty neat to watch how this all unfolds! What kind of deal did you make?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Won't be much longer and you'll be over a million. I've viewed it 5 times just to watch the progress. If it gets put on Yahoo front page or something like that, you'll get a few hundred thousand hits overnight. I'm a sucker for those featured videos, just like anyone else, I'll click. Enjoy the ride! It's pretty neat to watch how this all unfolds! What kind of deal did you make?
Percentage split of all revenue is standard. Can't speak specifically to my exact terms. I can't market like these guys can. They have contacts everywhere and experience doing it over and over again. No promises but I can do much worse.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:24 PM

nice video and experience ! congrats !
Old 03-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

sundance, sounds like a real adventure you are involved in. i have to ask.... did you take that footage with a camera or was it just your phone? very clear vid, but nowadays phones are very clear also.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Just when I thought the video thing was winding down it shows up here.

http://www.rightthisminute.com/video...what-you-catch
Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 PM

I watch RTM all the time. I think they have a pretty big viewership. That should give it a bump.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
I watch RTM all the time. I think they have a pretty big viewership. That should give it a bump.
Good to know. Never heard of them until now.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Gone Hunting

Hey sundance, can I have your autograph!!

Cool having one of our own make it big. Hey $500.00 is big when you make the sort of money I do.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Hey sundance, can I have your autograph!!

Cool having one of our own make it big. Hey $500.00 is big when you make the sort of money I do.
If can cover tips on my next fishing trip it would be great.

I am definitely going to pay attention to what I videotape now.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:57 PM

Over 85000 now

Heard about it at work, from a guy in our Ft St John office, lol I was like, hey I know that video! I watched it when it was under 5000 so :P
Old 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
If can cover tips on my next fishing trip it would be great.

I am definitely going to pay attention to what I videotape now.

Seriously. I hope you make enough to be able to go fishing out there every year. Now that would be a dream come true!

And don't forget that camera. That sure is a cool video!

George Bernard Shaw
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Banned

One of my facebook friends just posted up your video on facebook. The description was written in French. Here's the link:

http://www.maxisciences.com/baleine/..._art32113.html
Old 03-10-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
One of my facebook friends just posted up your video on facebook. The description was written in French. Here's the link:

http://www.maxisciences.com/baleine/..._art32113.html
The google translation of the story was funny. Made me sound artsy. Good thing they didn't have video of my perch slaughter yesterday.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 AM

B-U-M-P
What has transpired with this video lately?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 PM

http://globalnews.ca/video/1285004/h...eline-politics

Global just used the video in their pipeline story today. A number of people emailed me.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:29 PM

Pretty cool vid. I'm surprised you didn't get mad when CTV BC posted without asking or crediting. I'm also surprised they'd even do that.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:39 PM

Yup you should sue CTV and anyone else for using your video...
Old 04-22-2014, 08:49 PM

Super awesome experience man. Great vid
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:46 PM

Pilgrim Studios wants to use my video in a new production. Looks like they produce Wicked Tuna.

We will see what happens.