Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-08-2014, 06:10 PM

twisted canuck. to prevent this scam from going further. you should delete the pictures off of the image hosting site you uploaded them too. The pictures on other sites will become blank. Unless they uploaded their own copy's of them.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
twisted canuck. to prevent this scam from going further. you should delete the pictures off of the image hosting site you uploaded them too. The pictures on other sites will become blank. Unless they uploaded their own copy's of them.
This original post is from 04/24/2012.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:45 PM

yes but it never hurts to be safe
just sayin
Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 PM

Hello, everyone:
I became aware of this thread because I just did a search for "Sean Garrison Newman" who claims he has a Sako Finnwolf .308 for sale for $803 on a site in Nova Scotia. We exchanged e-mails, he sent me pictures and he claimed to be in Calgary. Today I offered to buy the Sako by bank money order but he insisted on EMT. So I said no thanks. He immediately sent me images of a PAL and Canadian Armed Forces ID in a Mr. Newman's name. I googled the name and found this thread. So, as I suspected to begin with, there is no Sako for a bargain price.
Bill
Old 02-01-2019, 07:26 AM

Default Bump!!!

SCUMBAG ALERT!!
This guy is still out there using Sean Newman’s ID

I’ve beem negotiating a buy with this guy this week but with due diligence on my part,sure enough it’s a scam....I just stumbled upon this AO thread when I googled Sean Garrison Newman....but I already had this scumbag pegged for what he is,a lying scum scammer.
Too many red flags....price too good to be true was my #1 concern.

He has ads on usedfirearms.ca under the username of
“tswatsagiboulevard”

Long story short,I thought I found a steal of a deal on a Remi pump .223 7615P

This gun retails new today for $1100–ish
He has it advertised with original stock plus Magpul buttstock(retail $150) and an aftermarket fore stock I wasn’t able to ID from pics($50?)
Also red dot optic included....pics weren’t clear so I asked if it’s a Holosun....he says Yes it’s a Holosun.
Further review of pics I see it’s actually a Sig Sauer Romeo4 sight retails in Canada for $450-ish

He is asking $550 for to this $1800 pkg,and accepted my offer a few days ago of $600 shipped without hesitation.
I told him I get paid on 30th and willl get back to him,he says no worries it’s mine if I want it(all thru text msg)
So I start investigating.....again,I’m able to ID the optic and no way this guy bought this gun legit or he would know it’s value and be asking $1000 minimum for package imho.....,either it’s stolen or random pic he lifted from internet.
So next I googled his cell#....he claims to be in Collingwood,ON but his cell # is wrong area code (807)and Thunder Bay exchange(907).

Next....and I didn’t even know one could do this...I found a cell phone ID website that will ID the owner for $29/myth subscription but also for free it triangulated location of user on a map....need to pay to get exact location but I’m pretty good at geography,lol...and recognized he is NOWHERE NEAR Collingwood
He claimed to be with rifle in Collingwood,which FYI I’ve visited personally in southern Ontario on shores of Lake Huron...cell phone puts him somewhere north of a Lake of The Woods in remote area....I’ll let you draw your own conclusions from that.

So he starts hounding me yesterday asking when I’m gonna send money etc and I told him I have a few more questions first and I’m in poor cell service working in bush(which was true) and I’ll get back to him last night.
So I asked again if he’s in Collingwood,he says yes,and I said great,I have a cousin in Wasaga Beach will come meet him for face to face deal(I’m just playing with him at this point)
Of course he has excuses,he works out of town all day,it would be better if I just send EMT and he will ship today/right away.
So I said I’m not really comfortable with EMTs I prefer postal money order/can I send it to this address(he texted me pics of Sean Newman’s PAL and DL with Collingwood address)
Of course he has excuse,he’ll be out of town working next week and snail mail too slow blah blah...
Finally I just lost it and called him out for the POS Scum that I know he is and I know where he is north of Lake of The Woods andthreatened to forward our entire interaction to RCMP and OPP....which I in fact will be doing as soon as I’m done venting with this rant,LOL

7615P for sale....buyer beware!!
http://usedfirearms.ca/ads/remington...e-pump-action/

Last edited by West O'5; 02-01-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:30 AM

Reposting this^^ in buy and sell forum
Old 02-01-2019, 02:26 PM

I believe this guy scammed a couple of members on the Hunting BC forum. The PAL he used to identify himself was apparently stolen.

Mr Conservation
Old 02-01-2019, 04:39 PM

Seven years after I posted the initial, and the scammer is still out there operating on a stolen PAL...you would think if he is still at it, he must have had some success over the years. Its really too bad that the various law enforcement agencies in Canada don't seem to be able to deal with this at all. Probably too busy writing tickets to motorists who are easy pickings and revenue generating.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-10-2019, 08:38 AM

Scammers are still at it.

I just posted this on the buy/sell forums.

Scammers on AO

User 'darrenwar' is a scammer using the stolen PAL of Darren Warmuth and a generic darrenwarmuth05@gmail.com address.

I know this for fact, because it is my ID as I got scammed on this forum last year along with others. It appears that AO has been infiltrated by scammers like usedfirearms.ca and gunpost etc. as there is no vetting process.

You can see they are getting ready to post sale ads because they are pushing up their post count to do so. Not sure how they are scamming by being the buyer, but apparently there is a way.

So write down the name Darren Warmuth and don't buy or sell to that name on this forum.

Regardless, I don't buy off this forum any longer and I guess I don't sell on it either. Not worth the hassle. Time to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Seven years after I posted the initial, and the scammer is still out there operating on a stolen PAL...you would think if he is still at it, he must have had some success over the years. Its really too bad that the various law enforcement agencies in Canada don't seem to be able to deal with this at all. Probably too busy writing tickets to motorists who are easy pickings and revenue generating.