Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2019, 10:18 PM

Default Rv lease sites

Okay, I have done my due dillagence and asked Siri if there are any seasonal RV sites somewhere between Edmonton and Calgary where I would have Golf really close by, as well as some kinda lake for paddle boards and kayaks even.
We have a spot at Pigeon Lake right now and been there for 16 years.. but I just got to wonder am I missing out on something better or am I good where I’m at.
My biggest thing with being st Pigeon is I’m only steps away from the first tee.. and I get practice every night if I can physically do that...without interfering with anybody but my wife’s cider supply.
Thanks a lot
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-13-2019, 10:36 PM

Id say you got it pretty good as is!!
Old 02-14-2019, 12:42 AM
Banned

It sounds like you already have it pretty good. I guess that it depends a bit on how far you are from your RV site. Alberta Beach Golf Course has a pretty nice treed seasonal campground from what I’ve seen. The course is really nice and it’s only a km from Lac Ste Anne. Worth a look if you have an inch for a change of scenery.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Id say you got it pretty good as is!!
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate that, and yes we have it not to bad, the golf being right there is really nice. we don't see much for green fee players so some days a canon shot towards the club parking lot would just blow up gravel. this place is far from perfect, it all comes with its fair share of problems and changes from year to year...this year is starting out that way already...gotta look past that stuff and then its not so bad I guess.
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
It sounds like you already have it pretty good. I guess that it depends a bit on how far you are from your RV site. Alberta Beach Golf Course has a pretty nice treed seasonal campground from what I’ve seen. The course is really nice and it’s only a km from Lac Ste Anne. Worth a look if you have an inch for a change of scenery.
Thanks...matter of fact now that you say that, some people who have left Pigeon went that direction I remember now...ill check it out for sure, I appreciate your reply HunterDave...
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 07:54 AM

The last time we looked around central Alberta there are loooong waiting lists for seasonal spots. If you have one already I'd hold onto it
Old 02-14-2019, 08:35 AM

Check out the Meadowlands at Sylvan Lake,the golf course borders the RV park.5 minute walk to the clubhouse from the furthest site
Old 02-14-2019, 08:41 AM

Coyote Creek in Sundre
Old 02-14-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Coyote Creek in Sundre
Nice enough place and great golf course. The RV sites are pretty much a parking lot, although they do have firepits. Haven't been there for a few years though, things have likely changed some.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:26 AM

If you find a nice area why not buy a lot. We bought a 1/2 acre lot at Boyne Lake (floating Stone) and loved the area. Quad & Sled right out your drive way and lots of crown land to ride on. Several great lakes for fishing within 45 minutes or less. I had to give it up a couple of years ago but the appraiser said it increased in value about 25%
Old 02-14-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .270fan View Post
The last time we looked around central Alberta there are loooong waiting lists for seasonal spots. If you have one already I'd hold onto it
Thanks for this...and i'm just going to add that Pigeon Lake has quite a few empty seasonal spots waiting for new people to come in..a lot of people have pulled out the last few years...we have elected to most likely stay unless things get crazy expensive and or rules not justified...there are always pros and cons..i like the pro side of things better.
There are also a bunch of sites with trailers and add a rooms for sale by the owners of the trailer and items on their spot in the park...good deals right now as people don't want to pay the seasonal fee due in April 1st if they want out..we are somewhat lucky as we can spend the entire summer there if we like, which makes some of the cons go away sorta..I believe our seasonal fee is just under 5 grand...but that includes my cart path fee, all my golf all summer long...and many other pros.
if we only stay 100 nights in the summer which say would be May, June, July...the cost breaks down to almost $45.00 a night and that includes the golf, sewer, water, electricity, so stay long and it works out to be pretty cheap...oh and the liquor store is a stone throw from our place...makes the wife happy.
pm me if your interested and ill pass info onto anybody that's interested as I know the lady running the show over there, I could put in a good word and maybe get ya a site inside this trailer park...I guess its really not that bad.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
Coyote Creek in Sundre
Thanks Albertadiver....I checked this one out, I like that there are a few options for golf close...Thanks a bunch for the heads up
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Valy View Post
Check out the Meadowlands at Sylvan Lake,the golf course borders the RV park.5 minute walk to the clubhouse from the furthest site
Thanks...ill check this one out for sure, Appreciate your help
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javlin101 View Post
If you find a nice area why not buy a lot. We bought a 1/2 acre lot at Boyne Lake (floating Stone) and loved the area. Quad & Sled right out your drive way and lots of crown land to ride on. Several great lakes for fishing within 45 minutes or less. I had to give it up a couple of years ago but the appraiser said it increased in value about 25%
Thanks for the info and idea javlin101...but at 62 years of age, im not sure I wanna jump back into the real estate market...this gypsie/hippie lifestyle we are doing now since we sold our farm is working out pretty good...we have 3 tiny homes, the spot at the lake, a small cabin off grid in Sask for part of winter, and motorhome to take me to some good golf. I guess you could say we are just campers all year round...all our little homes are on wheels...I never thought I would be trying this ever...but hey, i'm liking the freedom right now.
Life needs less rules, go out and make your own..
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 10:26 AM

If you're not particular about the lake, there's always Pine Lake.

Whispering Pines Golf has some lots that the owners rent seasonally - and there's Lakeside Country Resort (used to be Scotty's) that's been renovated.

We used to camp at Spruce Bay and Scotty's, but now have a place at Whispering Pines and like it just fine. Our cottage is on the 18th fairway and it's a short cart ride to our boat. For us, it couldn't be more convenient.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll ask on the FB page if anyone has anything available.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
If you're not particular about the lake, there's always Pine Lake.

Whispering Pines Golf has some lots that the owners rent seasonally - and there's Lakeside Country Resort (used to be Scotty's) that's been renovated.

We used to camp at Spruce Bay and Scotty's, but now have a place at Whispering Pines and like it just fine. Our cottage is on the 18th fairway and it's a short cart ride to our boat. For us, it couldn't be more convenient.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll ask on the FB page if anyone has anything available.
Sounds like a pretty nice spot, we both kayak and paddle board, plus I do golf as much as possible.. the wife likes to watch golf and drink ciders in the sun. Win win, yes I’d like to know what’s available there and prices I guess.. I appreciate your help.
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
Thanks for the info and idea javlin101...but at 62 years of age, im not sure I wanna jump back into the real estate market...this gypsie/hippie lifestyle we are doing now since we sold our farm is working out pretty good...we have 3 tiny homes, the spot at the lake, a small cabin off grid in Sask for part of winter, and motorhome to take me to some good golf. I guess you could say we are just campers all year round...all our little homes are on wheels...I never thought I would be trying this ever...but hey, i'm liking the freedom right now.
Life needs less rules, go out and make your own..
Zip
Hey there is nothing wrong with being a gypsy. Our plan was to retire to the lake lot and spend winter a broad like Mexico, hang out with my bro in Nanimo, same thing go where the wind blows ya. Nasty divorce kinda changed the plans a bit and I started a new business so hoping for extended holidays for now. I am 61 in April.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Okay, I have done my due dillagence and asked Siri if there are any seasonal RV sites somewhere between Edmonton and Calgary where I would have Golf really close by, as well as some kinda lake for paddle boards and kayaks even.
We have a spot at Pigeon Lake right now and been there for 16 years.. but I just got to wonder am I missing out on something better or am I good where I’m at.
My biggest thing with being st Pigeon is I’m only steps away from the first tee.. and I get practice every night if I can physically do that...without interfering with anybody but my wife’s cider supply.
Thanks a lot
Zip
Sounds like you need to check out what Wolf Creek in Ponoka has got going with their new seasonal RV project. If they pull off everything they are claiming it will be quite the place. Plus on top of that you will be sitting steps away from 2 great courses. If it wasn't out of my price range I would have snapped one up already.

https://www.rvlots.ca/wolf-creek-rv-golf-resort
Old 02-14-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javlin101 View Post
Hey there is nothing wrong with being a gypsy. Our plan was to retire to the lake lot and spend winter a broad like Mexico, hang out with my bro in Nanimo, same thing go where the wind blows ya. Nasty divorce kinda changed the plans a bit and I started a new business so hoping for extended holidays for now. I am 61 in April.
Yes I ageee so far so good on enjoying some freedoms while living with less.. I find I need one little suitcase for reg clothes and one really big one for my golf clothes... sorry to hear about your little sidetrack in life, hopefully you can start heading towards another adventure, anything’s possible.
Good luck
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilgy View Post
Sounds like you need to check out what Wolf Creek in Ponoka has got going with their new seasonal RV project. If they pull off everything they are claiming it will be quite the place. Plus on top of that you will be sitting steps away from 2 great courses. If it wasn't out of my price range I would have snapped one up already.

https://www.rvlots.ca/wolf-creek-rv-golf-resort
Thanks for the link. I checked it out and your correct...price range is the deal breaker for me as well. I played that course many times when I was still well enough to play a decent game.. now I think the wolf would chew me up and spit me out into a hazard..
thanks for the info much appreciated..
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 05:57 PM

If you do Pine Lake hope you have your own golf cart. Some good hills to walk from lake to golf course. Coyote Creek just outside Sundre is nice but I believe you have to have a trailer less than 10 yrs. old or in exceptional condition. No lakes close by though.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbless View Post
If you do Pine Lake hope you have your own golf cart. Some good hills to walk from lake to golf course. Coyote Creek just outside Sundre is nice but I believe you have to have a trailer less than 10 yrs. old or in exceptional condition. No lakes close by though.
Thank you.. and yes it’s a 10 year or under.. one of those anyway.. maybe Pigeon is looking better despite a few hiccups. We have 151 seasonal sites spread out in different lettered sections.. nice people as well! But I’m guessing there is at least 10 empty sites or with the abandoned sites add another 5 or so.. plus the many units that are for sale, we lease the lot but are allowed to sell any improvements.. so in reality if somebody gave me what I was asking it would be turn key and it’s well set up for family and friends.. there are so many different styles from over the years..but golf anytime with no tee time.. I can see the lake from the outside deck.. priceless I think?
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate that, and yes we have it not to bad, the golf being right there is really nice. we don't see much for green fee players so some days a canon shot towards the club parking lot would just blow up gravel. this place is far from perfect, it all comes with its fair share of problems and changes from year to year...this year is starting out that way already...gotta look past that stuff and then its not so bad I guess.
Zip
Spent my childhood there just off the 8th hole my grandparents had a trailer. Where i learned to golf. Never forget me and my cousin where driving grandpa crazy as he was a few gin & winks deep. He said you boys go find grandpa some golf balls ill give you a buck a ball!! lol we came back hours later with like 3-400 balls. Grandma made sure he settled up. Imagine being 8-9 years old and walking into the pigeon lake general store with a couple of brown bills!! and we would play that 8th hole all night in the dark with flashlights. And we got drive grandpas golf cart!!! golf cart.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Spent my childhood there just off the 8th hole my grandparents had a trailer. Where i learned to golf. Never forget me and my cousin where driving grandpa crazy as he was a few gin & winks deep. He said you boys go find grandpa some golf balls ill give you a buck a ball!! lol we came back hours later with like 3-400 balls. Grandma made sure he settled up. Imagine being 8-9 years old and walking into the pigeon lake general store with a couple of brown bills!! and we would play that 8th hole all night in the dark with flashlights. And we got drive grandpas golf cart!!! golf cart.
that's a great story...hole 8 is one of the toughest par 4 they have...well at least it is to me these days, still takes two or three or four just to get there..
I bet it was pretty busy then as well, depending on how many years have passed...Thanks for the story...fun times...Golf Cart...Wow!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 02-14-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
that's a great story...hole 8 is one of the toughest par 4 they have...well at least it is to me these days, still takes two or three or four just to get there..
I bet it was pretty busy then as well, depending on how many years have passed...Thanks for the story...fun times...Golf Cart...Wow!
Zip
1983-95 i believe they owned it. Good times.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:42 AM

.... hi ya ZIP
Old 02-19-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
.... hi ya ZIP
Hey buddy...good too see ya

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip