Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:04 AM

Default Awesome. Can finally get my emotional support bison!

https://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...f-f7586901c554

Looking online people have gotten all sorts of animals onto planes from miniature horses to turkeys to snakes.

While new to North America in the Far East my parents years ago traveled with livestock on flights in China.

What emotional support animal do you want?

Sloth?
Manatee?
Elephant?
Snow leopard?
.???
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-30-2018, 09:09 AM

As soon as I can locate an affordable young domesticated Gryphon I’m getting one! (Would it be called a chick or a cub?)
Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 AM

Crocodile.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 AM

As my wife suffers from anxiety and depression on long-distance flights, she needs me to accompany her to keep her calm & relaxed. I'm sure we can find a doctor to attest to my calming influence on her ... then I should be classified as a medical aid and travel for free?

Alternatively, if I forgo shaving for a month and dye my hair red, I could do a passable impersonation of a knuckle-dragging orangutang, and my wife may be able to claim that she needs her primate companion to accompany her (free of charge) on our next flight.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
As soon as I can locate an affordable young domesticated Gryphon I’m getting one! (Would it be called a chick or a cub?)
I think that a Manticore would make for a better hunting rig.

Emotional support chickens... All I can do is shake my had.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:32 AM

Sorry, I lied. I'll also settle for a Bigfoot as soon as Todd Standing can bring me one.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:35 AM

If you need an 'emotional support' chicken to cope with life....perhaps you should consider staying at home and not traveling.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by sns2; 09-30-2018 at 01:34 PM. Reason: uncalled for
Old 09-30-2018, 09:49 AM

There are a lot of differences between highly trained highly trained and certified service dogs and "emotional support animals". I think some are using them as an excuse to bring their pets everywhere and they are taking advantage. I wonder if it effects their insurance rates?
Old 09-30-2018, 09:54 AM

This makes me chuckle. A couple of my friends are commercial pilots for major airlines. They see it all and have told me a story about a woman who had to fly with her "emotional support peacock". Not sure if the bird ever made it into the cabin, but it does show where society is going these days.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Banned

Where is PETA?

SERIOUSLY!, why in the hell should these poor animal's suffer against their will and be forced to live in slave like condition's while trying to support these emotional attention seeker's?

HOW IS THAT FAIR TO THESE POOR ANIMAL'S?

Oh i would take my hive of emotional support killer bee's with me on the plane!
Old 09-30-2018, 10:20 AM

Family member lives in the States. Says it’s the easiest thing to do. Go to Doctor and tell them you need it and they pretty much sign off. No checks or anything. Cheapest way to fly with your animal. I pay $50 to put my dog in a kennel underneath the plane so I see why some folks do it.
Saw a nice write up at Rogue Brewery in Newport, Oregon. Wish I had taken a photo but basically it said that approved emotional support animals and service animals are a necessity for suffering people’s life and have been trained. Your “emotional support” whatever that’s not trained will be rejected without proper paperwork. Don’t belittle those that suffer through real issues with your untrained animal.
I thought it was great and a little screw you to those who do it.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:30 AM

I'll take a Honey Badger; Africa's answer to the wolverine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anxiety companion.jpg (51.8 KB, 42 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 09-30-2018, 12:08 PM

I think you've being unpatriotic.
As a red blooded Canadian you should probably choose an emotional support wolverine. If that's a little rich for your blood, maybe an emotional support regular badger. It would look some cute curled up at your feet on the airplane. Probably wouldn't have any problems with "spillover" from the large person sitting next to you either, and guaranteed you wouldn't be sitting next to any screaming kids (for long)
Old 09-30-2018, 12:57 PM

I want an emotional support dragon....
Old 09-30-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
She might come work for you if you offer her a proper dragon treasure and lair. Warning, contains pics of people who have had surgery to make them look like dragons.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/27/trans...ragon-7345554/
Old 09-30-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amosfella View Post
I was contemplating between a dragon and gryphon and chose the gryphon because they'd likely be cuddlier and are definitely softer and fuzzier. On the other hand, with a dragon you can arbitrarily light all manner of things on fire.

Choices, choices...
Old 09-30-2018, 01:57 PM

Hands down, a nice cuddly Velociraptor. Stone age pitbull.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-30-2018, 03:26 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoGEAGKg...y=sofiavergara

I need one of these.

Dodger.