Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-10-2018, 09:28 AM

Default Stolen

Hey folks our house was broken into while we were sleeping, no one was hurt thankful but they got away with a lot of stuff, including both our trucks. Lucky for us it seems like once they found all the keys and wallets they went outside and focused on the garage. They already found both trucks and arrested 1 guy. Please keep and eye out for the big stuff and message or txt me (7809826085)if you notice anything. Thanks so much.
- 12*14 delux wall tent (w/ 10ft porch)
- wood burning stove (stove in hand made wooden box)
- 2 cabellas cots
-2 m.e.c down filled sleeping bags w/ compression sacks
- insulated 12*24 tarps
- 2 travel back packs
1- blue 2 person Thule kids chariot
Old 07-10-2018, 09:35 AM

That's scary stuff, brazen punks. Hope they track down these lowlifes as that stuff is not an easy pawn or sell.

Glad they left your house & you and your family are safe.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:41 AM

This is Edmonton area. These people are crazy, I didn’t want to type the whole story but basically they took 1 truck and all the stuff they wanted. We called police at 630am. While we were waiting for police at 845am they came back and took the other vechical parked on the street right in front of the house. We tried to stop them but couldn’t. They sprayed pepper spray at us and who knows what other weapons they may have. Just call police or txt me if you find anything. No need for anyone to get hurt it’s just stuff......
Old 07-10-2018, 10:43 AM

What part of the city was this?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Fulton place. So Capilano area
Old 07-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capper View Post
We called police at 630am. While we were waiting for police at 845am they came back and took the other vechical parked on the street right in front of the house. We tried to stop them but couldn’t. They sprayed pepper spray at us and who knows what other weapons they may have.
That is quite amazing! I'm really glad that you and your family are OK.

These people are indeed crazy!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 AM

This all happen on Friday. We just got an update from police. They used the gps in the truck to locate and watch these criminals. They have recovered our vechicals along with someone else’s stolen truck. They have arrested 1 person and are watching a few other people that they have linked to event. They now have DNA and fingerprints and security footage of these punks! Go EPS go
Old 07-10-2018, 11:59 AM

No stuff found yet
Old 07-10-2018, 12:00 PM

Man that's amazing this is when we should be able to shoot people rubber bullets, salt my favorite choice would be lead

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2018, 12:44 PM

It's nice to see and hear of a good effort by the city police. Glad you guys are ok. When our subdivision had 9 houses hit in one night the police didn't even set foot in our subdivision even though there were beer cans etc. spread around that would likely have prints etc.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:14 PM

Wow, I went to school at Hardisty a bunch of years back in the Fulton area and have a lot of friends who live in that area, always seemed like a real safe area and I’m shocked to hear that happened, especially ridiculous how they came back in broad daylight at nearly 9 am to steal more and attack you if you tried to intervene. That is unbelievably brazen and frightening how little regard they have for you or anyone else.

Did they look like the typical meth heads or more organized than that?

(Also, do you have a son/family member named Tom by any chance?)
Old 07-10-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Man that's amazing this is when we should be able to shoot people rubber bullets, salt my favorite choice would be lead

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I couldn't care less how bad the crying is going to be here, my choice is still lead. Lots of it.
Someone tries to hit you with pepper spray AFTER they've been in your occupied house?
They should be dead before the sidewalk.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
This all happen on Friday. We just got an update from police. They used the gps in the truck to locate and watch these criminals. They have recovered our vechicals along with someone else’s stolen truck. They have arrested 1 person and are watching a few other people that they have linked to event. They now have DNA and fingerprints and security footage of these punks! Go EPS go
Go EPS but hate to tell ya the Legal system will fail u and EPS in the end. Glad you are safe and too bad you didn't find them in your house so you could stick a hole in them.....
Old 07-10-2018, 02:36 PM

So it took over 2 hrs for cops to respond lol WOW! Just re read that part of the story. Unreal! But they will charge u and you will have to spend your life savings if you confront the bad guys over things like this. And people think it is a rural issue eh!
Old 07-10-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
I couldn't care less how bad the crying is going to be here, my choice is still lead. Lots of it.
Someone tries to hit you with pepper spray AFTER they've been in your occupied house?
They should be dead before the sidewalk.
Absolutely agree. Tired of our catch and release law system.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:16 PM

If you said you shot them police would come in a minute.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Yikes that's close, I'm not 5 mins away. Also curious if they had the meth head/scum bag look. Seen a couple sketchy looking fellows on bikes 2 weeks ago in my hood while I was on a bike ride with my daughter. Even my daughter said they looked like they were no good lol.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:33 PM

Sorry to hear Capper, glad that the both of you are safe, that's the main thing.

It's the craps that you and the misses worked hard to acquire things, a home, friends, and family, and a life worth living.

Shame on the clowns for taking advantage of good folks like your selves and other brothers and sisters on this forum as well as those that are not.

Thanks for sharing Capper, the wake up call for due diligence is apon all of us. It bothers our family, and nabours knowing that these characters are out there waiting to take advantage of us at all given moments of the day.

It makes it hard to trust others we encounter in our lives, but deep down inside the majority of humans are good people.

Don
Old 07-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear about this. We are about 10 minutes south of you (Kenilworth) - in the last couple of months from the neighbours within 5 houses -- garage broken into, one truck stolen, van broken into and patio furniture taken from a back yard. I have seen guys cruising the lanes. When you come out they head out fast and away unless they are on foot like the guy that ran a bit and then tried to hide under a car.

We do not see police cruising through. We do see by-law ticketing trailers and measuring parking from stop signs. Very frustrating. There is a need to keep everything locked down and checked regularly.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:43 PM

Capper, I am very sorry to hear about this. I am glad you are all safe, and hope your insurance pays out quickly.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:02 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! The involved that we have footage of were 2 males in their earlier 20’s. The third suspect is female also in her twenties. Not typical druggies but I’m sure drugs were involved. I’m not impressed with the eps and the original lack of urgency to respond but since then they have been really good
To us! Sorry to hear that many of you have not shared the same experience. *reminder to keep an eye out for any of the items mentioned above. Thanks everyone!!!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Wow, I went to school at Hardisty a bunch of years back in the Fulton area and have a lot of friends who live in that area, always seemed like a real safe area and I’m shocked to hear that happened, especially ridiculous how they came back in broad daylight at nearly 9 am to steal more and attack you if you tried to intervene. That is unbelievably brazen and frightening how little regard they have for you or anyone else.

Did they look like the typical meth heads or more organized than that?

(Also, do you have a son/family member named Tom by any chance?)
Lived there back in the mid-90's as well - such a nice area, but even back then, we had break-ins in our vehicles and garage.

Sorry to hear about your experience, Capper. Material things can be replaced, but that sense of violation and lost sense of security is hard to shake.