Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2018, 10:39 PM

Default Exterior reno

Anyone know a company that does brick work and would like to get rid of the siding and go with concrete I think it’s called parging. I could be wrong on that
Old 04-26-2018, 11:20 PM

EIFS is the abbreviation for a system where they sheet the homes exterior with styrofoam to increase the R-value, then they will fasten a mesh over that, apply some cementitious parging scratch coats and then an acrylic stucco that comes in all manner of colors premixed like paint in 5 gallon buckets but is a trowel-on product rather than a paint so it has the durability of a thick solid color layer. Our home is done in it and its great, the only drawback is the potential for woodpeckers to damage it (no damage on our place in a decade, though I have chased some off in previous years.....)

After a decade the place still looks great and while I imagine it might have faded a titch its all even. Our color was called avocado. Edit: found it on the manufacturers site, you can check the whole color chart out below.

I like that the stuff has some resiliency and its not brittle. Its never shown the slightest bit of damage from hail either. If you're doing the siding, its a prime opportunity to get some sheet foam insulation installed, and potentially windows if those are drafty or in poor shape.

http://www.dryvit.ca/tools-resources...ndard-colours/

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-26-2018 at 11:37 PM.