Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post

If you do not accept the law as written, become a member of your governing body and do something about it.

Yelling and screaming and flailing your arms around while typing in a forum does nothing other than give you a public audience that can either agree with you, or disagree with you.

You and many others are passionate about so many topics, yet do nothing at all about them. I can name about 10 people in here that actually do something to make changes, Huntnstuff is on the top of the list, he saw a problem, became a public figure for change.

Live with it or change it, but do not look down on others that live within the laws that govern us all.
Dragging these incursions by the state into private lives out into the light is doing something. The more people that know about this the more that can contact their MPs and let them know how the people being spied upon feel about it.

There is nothing wrong with debating subjects in a public forum. Is that not what these forums are for? Spreading information and creating discussion between people?

No one involved in this thread is breaking any law. We just disagree with the government paying fellow citizens to spy on us because we are firearms owners. By the way as a group licensed firearms owners are about the most law abiding citizens in the country, thanks to the onerous and intrusive licensing system.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 05-15-2014, 10:38 AM

Ken, I'll say my piece also because I have a voice. I do what I can to lobby the gov't when there is something happening I don't like and I make it a habit of being aware of what's going on around me.

We can agree to disagree on somethings.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 05-15-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryry4 View Post
I'll say my piece also because I have a voice. I do what I can to lobby the gov't when there is something happening I don't like and I make it a habit of being aware of what's going on around me.

We can agree to disagree on somethings.
I agree fully with that entire statement.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-15-2014, 11:52 AM

Hillbillyreefer, Ken is just trying to protect you from committing the crime of "Inciting subversion of state power".
Old 05-15-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Specifically the big bad irrefutably corrupt RCMP gestapo squad that can do whatever they want to whomever they want whenever they want and appear to be 'picking on' people that do absolutely nothing wrong, ever.
Ummm High River??????