Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2014, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
The problem is they don't care where it comes from, in fact they don't want to know, as long as they don't see where it comes from, be it electricity , oil, or wood.
Cat
But when it gets cold out, you can bet that they will all be crying for heat, and they likely won't care where it came from, until they don't need it any more.

It isn't much different than Ontario and Quebec complaining about our dirty oil industry, but they certainly don't complain about the money that they receive from it.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
But when it gets cold out, you can bet that they will all be crying for heat, and they likely won't care where it came from, until they don't need it any more.

It isn't much different than Ontario and Quebec complaining about our dirty oil industry, but they certainly don't complain about the money that they receive from it.
I remember reading in the paper last year, Edmonton sun I think, that more people from Ontario work in the oilsands but still live in Ontario, than people who work in the auto industry in Ontario.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
Ezra Levant is a smug, pompous *****, and we lower the bar by giving him out attention.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post
Ezra Levant is a smug, pompous *****, and we lower the bar by giving him out attention.
But when he is right.....he is right.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:48 PM
Banned

I watched up until he was talking about David Suzuki. I've seen Ezra do this type of thing with the INM protesters and yes, I did find it pretty funny when a protester has absolutely no idea of what they are protesting. He doesn't have to throw curve balls like Rick Mercer does in "Talking with Americans", all that he has to do is ask them about the issues.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:27 AM

Go spend some time in the northwest where Enbridge wants to build the pipeline and ignore the acid reject draft dodger offspring of the lower mainland.

I grew up there. I learned to hunt and fish there. I'm knowledgeable about the terrain this pipeline will pass over the mountains. It is a Disaster in the making that will have a severely negative impact on the Skeena Watershed in my old back yard and the potential for the same disaster in the Fraser and Nechacko Watersheds.

No one here, myself included, has the right to tell the people living there what risks are acceptable. I can tell you that everyone I know back home thinks the risks, however marginal, are unacceptable.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-14-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

Most people in the NW where the pipeline will run heat their homes with mountain pine beetle killed wood. Thanks trade with Asia.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
But when he is right.....he is right.
Being right is not such an accomplishment.

Ezra's spent his whole life being right. I remember him from speakers corner at the U of C, where he would spend one lunch hour a week proving to everyone that he was right.

Few have been so right, and contributed so little.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Ezra's spent his whole life being right. I remember him from speakers corner at the U of C, where he would spend one lunch hour a week proving to everyone that he was right.

Not saying I agree with him on anything or everything, but when you have people as clueless on a issue as the people he was interviewing....its a eye opener.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:

He contributes by informing people of the BS that these enviro and protest nuts are all about. How many media besides him and the Sun exposed Theresa Spence's BS? You think he doesn't contribute because you don't agree, but I suppose you think those media on the other side of the issue contribute because you agree with their stance? Kind of hypocritical isn't it?
Old 05-14-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Not saying I agree with him on anything or everything, but when you have people as clueless on a issue as the people he was interviewing....its a eye opener.
The key is that he deliberately sought out the inarticulate and blindsided them.

I used to be active in the antiwar movement. The organizers were some incredibly articulate and well educated people, but not necessarily eager to expose themselves.

On the other hand, there were always folks with their heads up their *****es eager to get in front of a camera and "represent".

Moral of the story is that the person reporting is provided with sufficient material to present the issue in any way they wanted - But such representation should not be mistaken as representative.

Last edited by Robin Goodfellow; 05-14-2014 at 03:21 PM.