Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
How many of you guys are going to be at the show? From the various threads I've been reading (aka most entertaining thread thread), seems like a lot of you are great guys, with good sense of humours...love to meet some of ya.

Cheers,
David

I'll be there for the entire show...look forward to meeting you!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 PM

The last time I was there, Lefty Kreh was giving a fly fishing demo. That was worth the price of gas for sure. Too bad that the boats have taken over so much but hopefully there's still something for those not interested in buying a boat.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 AM

Booth 442 boys. Stop in and say hi!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
How many of you guys are going to be at the show? From the various threads I've been reading (aka most entertaining thread thread), seems like a lot of you are great guys, with good sense of humours...love to meet some of ya.

Cheers,
David
David, I will stop by and say hello. I should be down on Sat.
Whats going to be the SHOW SPECIAL?

Good luck
Jamie
Old 01-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Default Boat show

Hi dss 44

When i was in my teens my dad took me and my brother on a chartered fishing trip off Vancouver island. He signed us up at the boat show. I am sure you guys will have great success. I will be sure to stop by and say hi.

The Show has definitely turned more into a boat show, but there is still a lot of booths and information at the show about the outdoor sporting stuff. Fly fishing demos, mino races, fishing pond. Last year they had a booth from animal rescue organization with live owls, golden eagle, etc. The kids loved that one. I spend most of my time on the water skiing and wakeboarding so i love to go and look at all the boats. I also love to fish and hunt so I usually attend twice. Once with the whole family and again with a couple buddies to really get a good look at everything. For me it is my second Christmas.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
If you like to look at boats go , if not stay home , save your money , go fishin.
yeah, I'm sort of with you. I go every year and probably will again, but I always come away a little disappointed. Miles of power boats etc. The actual hunting stuff could fit into one quarter of one hall. More people there selling vacation condos and timeshares and hot tubs than there are selling actual hunting or fishing equipment.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
David, I will stop by and say hello. I should be down on Sat.
Whats going to be the SHOW SPECIAL?

Good luck
Jamie

Show Special is 4 for the price of 3 (all one boat). This is only if you book AT the show. Pretty good deal, especially if you are with 2 couples or a group of guys....makes it a lot cheaper per person.

Cheers,
David
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Banned

Default Fishing Show

THE FISHIN' HOLE/CAMPERS VILLAGE OUTDOOR SHOW RUNS FROM MARCH 27-30, 2008
MAYFIELD TRADE CENTRE
This show is all about fishing and camping equipment.
Most of the major fishing manufacturer's and fishing camps usually attend (no boats). There are fishing seminars, casting lessons, draws, silent auction etc.. The admission is FREE, the parking is FREE.