Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-29-2019, 12:20 PM
Banned

Exclamation Message from the CCFR

Message from the CCFR

"I want you to go over to your gun safe or gun room and open the door. Look at each rifle and think about what they mean to you, the memories you’ve created with them and the adventures you’ve been on together. How important is your sport and way of life to you? What is it worth to you, and how much would you do to try and save them.

This “Call to Action” will require the following things from you;

- 3 sheets of paper
- 3 envelopes
- a pen
- 15 minutes of your time

If the collection you just looked at matters enough to continue, please read on.

These are troubled times for gun owners, without doubt. It is exhausting having to fight back against the unrelenting waves of attacks on our sport and our way of life. That’s not going to stop any time soon, and this is just the first in a series of “Calls to Action” we will bring to you over the coming weeks and months. It’s going to require an enormous effort, by all of us, to defend ourselves the best we can.

All hands on deck.

Letter writing … I know, you’ve done it many times before right? That’s ok, this time we are doing it together. We are writing actual letters, on paper, and mailing it to certain officials. You can handwrite it, or type it, or even make one and photocopy it to send to the others, but the most important part is to do it, faithfully. It is even more important they are paper letters and we’ll explain why further down.

Here’s everything you need to know to guide you in writing a letter of this kind.

Let’s focus on 5 main points of contention with the proposed Liberal gun control platform;

The Liberal Minister of Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness Bill Blair has expressed his intention of banning hundreds of thousands of legally acquired rifles through an OIC (Order in Council) rather than legislative measures that would allow a full study of the issue

The proposed buy back plan would cost upwards of $600M of taxpayer money that would be better focused on combatting actual crime and domestic violence.

The proposed gun bans won’t relieve criminals of their illicit firearms

The use of an OIC ignores the Government’s own survey on firearms completed last year that indicated the majority of respondents did not support further restrictions on firearms

The Liberal government failed to achieve any clear mandate from western voters. Forcibly confiscating the legally acquired property from sport shooters, hunters, ranchers and rural people will only further accelerate the erosion of national unity.

Use these main points of contention to help form a short, concise paragraph that outlines your concerns. Here is an example I wrote;

Dear Minister Blair;

I am writing to you today to express my deep concern with actions your government is taking to unfairly target lawful gun owners. You have stated publicly that you would be using an OIC to ban legally acquired firearms from lawful owners and would be implementing a buy back program. I find these measures to be an egregious overreach of executive authority and a waste of valuable taxpayer resources.

I urge your government to reconsider investing this money in programs and measures to combat crime, support at risk youth initiatives and community programming. It is incumbent on you and your colleagues to make every legitimate effort to fight actual crime and to bring forth your ideas to the Commons where it may be studied and debated by all Members of Parliament.

It is imperative you keep in mind that western Canada fully rejected the policies and platforms of your government and overall Liberal support was greatly diminished.

Yours Truly,
Tracey Wilson
Ottawa, ON

Now repeat these steps to write two more at minimum, one to the Prime Minister and one to your Member of Parliament. Address them all to the same address, but use their names. NO STAMP IS REQUIRED!!

There are two vitally important things to remember about this call to action:

It has to be a paper letter, not an email or a social media message
It has to be done prior to January 27, 2020

The House of Commons will rise today (December 13) and will not resume until Monday, January 27, 2020. This is the annual Christmas break where MP’s head back to their ridings to partake in festivities and events with their constituents and families. We want them to come back to an actual mountain of letters. It’s too easy to simply delete e-mails, but they can’t ignore stacks and stacks of papers that require a response. It’s going to be a lot of work for them, but only a small task for you.

This is simply the first step in a series of Calls to Action we will be asking you to help with. If each of them receive 10 000 letters that’s only 0.5% of gun owners. Let’s create an avalanche of opposition to their overreach and authoritarianism.

If you need any help, or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach to our team at info@firearmrights.ca

Please, please take the time over the holidays and sit down and do this simple but meaningful task.

Thanks for reading and your continued support of the CCFR"

My letters have been sent. Have yours??

Cheers,
Matt
Old 12-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

https://www.facebook.com/CanadianCoa...0162660167558/
Old 12-30-2019, 04:20 PM
Banned

Question

No-one considers this important enough to try??

Wondering...

Nog
Old 12-30-2019, 04:30 PM

Iron-Noggin;
thanks for posting.

Perhaps the deafening silence is (hopefully) because most agree with you.
I have written my MP, shared numerous articles, posts and info sources with relatives, co-workers, friends and fellow gun enthusiasts in the hope of mobilizing some opposition to what is coming.

This is definitely going to be the hill to die on. If the Liberals don't blink first and back down this is going to be disastrous not only to the sporting community but to all related industries and retail stores. It will further erode our economy, our freedoms and our Canadian way of life as we know it.....
Old 12-30-2019, 04:53 PM

Sent....
Old 12-30-2019, 06:58 PM

Already done. Got it off of CGN and sent a while ago.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:12 PM

already sent off......

we all have to make a effort on this issue
Old 12-31-2019, 12:28 AM

Maybe this will help inspire some people, don't forget they don't track the 443,000 people with prohibitions;

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/v...cv3SIgWivuAJic
Old 12-31-2019, 05:42 AM

Tagged for when I get home
Old 12-31-2019, 09:46 AM

Done.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:32 AM

Default Done

Surprised it took this long to make it on here, Was all over FB, CGN etc.
Done last week and forwarded to everyone i know!
Old 01-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Thanks Fellas. Nice to see some taking this matter seriously!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 01-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Shooting Xs

Done and sent x 2 for the bump.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:07 AM

Default Do it and poke others, too!

Sent mine to the PM, Minister and my MP. And I poked buddies in three other Provinces to do it, too. We can't just sit back and complain...
Old 01-09-2020, 10:27 AM

Thanks for bumping this back up, I hadn't seen it yet.

My letters are written and I just need to get to the post office to send them!

Cheers
Old 01-12-2020, 12:11 PM

Default Letters to MP's

Mine are sent to Trudeau and Blair. More to be sent to the rest of the Lib MP's
Old 01-12-2020, 07:38 PM

Count me in!
Old 01-20-2020, 03:40 AM

Just reminding people to do the right thing! Write your MP write those that CCFR have listed. It may seem moot but we gotta try!

I canot believe how little discussion on this topic is on this website

If every single member of this site hasnt signed this petition youre all siding with the Liberals on banning firearms and legal property of law abizing citizens of this country.

I don't care if you think it wont do anything. That is the same apathy that helped us in one of many ways to lose this last election.

I dont care if you are a muzzle loader, own one gun, a singleshot 22. We need to all stand together on this one, because as Im sure you hate to hear it it will be your typical "fudds" that will cost us our rights and property.

In one way or another the folks that own restricted firearms by and large are what keep this tradition and sport afloat in this country with range membership requirements and the billions of dollars they funnel into this firearms economy that allow your stores and clubs to operate.

If you dont care because you dont own a gun that is currently on the chopping block you are absolutely to blame and are only opening the door to having your precious over under taken from you too.

I may sound frustrated but I have 10s of thousands invested into this hobby. It is my go to sport its what I work my ass off every day to help pay for and many of my friends and businesses will suffer horrific losses should this come to fruition.

Sign the damn petition. Write a letter, postage is free! Its 2 minutes and its the right thing to do.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2341
Old 01-20-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPM View Post
Just reminding people to do the right thing! Write your MP write those that CCFR have listed. It may seem moot but we gotta try!

I canot believe how little discussion on this topic is on this website

If every single member of this site hasnt signed this petition youre all siding with the Liberals on banning firearms and legal property of law abizing citizens of this country.

I don't care if you think it wont do anything. That is the same apathy that helped us in one of many ways to lose this last election.

I dont care if you are a muzzle loader, own one gun, a singleshot 22. We need to all stand together on this one, because as Im sure you hate to hear it it will be your typical "fudds" that will cost us our rights and property.

In one way or another the folks that own restricted firearms by and large are what keep this tradition and sport afloat in this country with range membership requirements and the billions of dollars they funnel into this firearms economy that allow your stores and clubs to operate.

If you dont care because you dont own a gun that is currently on the chopping block you are absolutely to blame and are only opening the door to having your precious over under taken from you too.

I may sound frustrated but I have 10s of thousands invested into this hobby. It is my go to sport its what I work my ass off every day to help pay for and many of my friends and businesses will suffer horrific losses should this come to fruition.

Sign the damn petition. Write a letter, postage is free! Its 2 minutes and its the right thing to do.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2341

THIS x2

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:41 AM

Thanks all for reminding us how important this matter is. Join the CCFR CSSA and write the suggested letters. I have!
Old 01-21-2020, 02:13 PM

Letters sent. Everyone needs to take the time to do this.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2020, 11:40 PM

I have sent letters and Emails in the past, honestly they do no care what we think or do. They do not answer a single question posed to them, they pass it off as the the other office has to answer the questions. Ultimately they play pass the buck in the PMO's.
The only way to fight this issue is going to be a massive lawsuit suing the government and holding each one of them who support this gun grab liable.
Simply put they dont care. The already reduced mandatory sentences of convicted criminals caught using weapons, they usually drop the firearm charges and have them plead out to lesser charges. Its all over the papers all the time.
They have proven they are not capable of going after gangs or reducing violent crimes.
They are really good at coming after law abiding citizens. The only way to deal with this is going to be the courts. Anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:04 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
I have sent letters and Emails in the past, honestly they do no care what we think or do...
No damned excuse not to try!

While it may come down to legal proceedings (which would be shaky at best) , listing the reasons why you are not going to send in your letters is pretty much a cop out IMHO.

Just do it. For the fleeting moments of your life that takes it is worth the effort.

Sheesh!
Nog
Old 01-22-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
No damned excuse not to try!

While it may come down to legal proceedings (which would be shaky at best) , listing the reasons why you are not going to send in your letters is pretty much a cop out IMHO.

Just do it. For the fleeting moments of your life that takes it is worth the effort.

Sheesh!
Nog
I have done my part.
It will be interesting if they use the order in council to pass this new law. That tells us there is no backing to it. But I'd they go to a vote and if gets signed off it will be a uphill battle worse then now.

The top three idiots pushing this agenda are the three same idiots who are using their opinions to push this through. Not a fact to be seen. They will get their way afterall Trudeau cough cough I mean Canada needs a seat at the UN.