Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-20-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
If its a long haired goat your after there is outfits in southern B.C. you could hunt with in November.
Any recommendations?
Old 01-21-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
If its a long haired goat your after there is outfits in southern B.C. you could hunt with in November.
There is guys out on the coast that hunt into the winter to. Even the guys in northern and NE BC will hunt goats until early October which have longer hair at that time than southern BC. SE BC is also relatively cheaper, however we when we were looking we didn't want to go to golden or revelstoke or Cranbrook, we wanted to get away from somewhere that we have been before and is essentially the same as Banff (mountain wise), so we drew a line from prince George and looked from there north.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Any recommendations?
Peasley Hunts were highly recommended and they hunt near Golden.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy10 View Post
Any recommendations?
ya and some wouldn't recommend what ones are you looking at.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:33 AM

Milligan or Bolen Lewis for long haired goats late season, don’t waste your time going anywhere else and having a chance at getting what you want.

If you want a north country hunt I’d go with Terminus mountain, Gundahoo, Stone Mountain or Scoop Lake. A true northern stone sheep country hunt for decent sized goats. There’s also the option to add another species on as a combo.

If you have the cash and want a grizzly before we can’t hunt them anywhere look at Ceaser Lake in the Yukon. A very very well run outfit and a good friend of mine. They have some super remote goat country and kill good billies, plus you can add on grizzly!

If it’s just a goat you want at the cheapest price look north of Prince George or west towards burns lake.

Southern BC has some options as well, but the country is different. I’m partial to the north.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
Peasley Hunts were highly recommended and they hunt near Golden.

I hunted with Logan in 2018. It was an awesome hunt and saw a ton of goats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2020, 04:19 PM

I would consider Babine Guides and Outfitters (Hoopers), Kispiox Valley Outfitters (Larson), Lonesome Mountain Outfitters (Young), Love Bros. & Lee (Fleming) and Northwest Ranching and Outfitting (Gutfrucht ) in the Skeena Region for quality hunts with great genetics. All these outfitters have been around for a long time and produce each season. Some of these areas are fly-in only, others are backpack from the vehicle giving the hunter a more economical option.

Hunting rifle or bow? What are your expectations as far as hair length, B&C quality, horseback vs backpack, budget? If $$$ is no concern than as mentioned Milligan or Bolen Lewis is a no brainer for late season B&C goats. Torkdiesel named some of the top guys in the Peace area you cant go wrong with for horseback hunts, I thought I'd give you some backpack options in the Skeena. Good luck,
Old 02-03-2020, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Milligan or Bolen Lewis for long haired goats late season, don’t waste your time going anywhere else and having a chance at getting what you want.
Anybody here gone with either of these two and have some insight? I’ve fired off emails to both outfits about next year. Discussed a bit with one, just waiting to hear back from the other.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanden View Post
Anybody here gone with either of these two and have some insight? I’ve fired off emails to both outfits about next year. Discussed a bit with one, just waiting to hear back from the other.
I’ve had a dozen clients go with them over the years and I’ve never heard any complaints, everybody has been very satisfied.

It is the top end of the spectrum price wise, but you get what you pay for.

I hope you go !
Old 02-16-2020, 11:13 AM

Default Robson Valley Outfitters

Hey guys
Another great goat outfitter is Robson Valley Outfitters
Dan has a great are and is a stand up outfitter.
www.mountainhunt.com
I've worked for him in the past and would do so again.