Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-13-2017, 08:31 PM

Default ****Bow buck down video****

Well its been a great season one of my best actually and I was able to finish it off with a little buck down with my bow. I have been bow hunting for 4 years now and this is my second buck taken so I am not very picky when it comes to opportunities given with my bow especially doing it while self filming.

When combining bowhunting and self filming together, putting it all together is very difficult so ill take what i can get. I am very proud of the accomplishment regardless of the size of antlers. I have never considered myself a trophy hunter I enjoy the hunt, the adventure and the story so for me the antlers are the added bonus.

I hope you enjoy the video and the adventure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK5YzZrtugI&t=3s
Old 11-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Banned

Great video once again!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 PM
Banned

Awesome man
Old 11-14-2017, 05:03 AM

Great vid nuge ..congrars on the deer
Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 PM

Thanks guys glad you enjoyed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 07:44 PM

While I commend your persistent recovery efforts I gotta say that was your first vid I didn't enjoy watching. Just didn't like witnessing the agonizingly slow death of the deer. I know it happens like this sometimes and completely get it, just not something I need to witness.

Having said that, it's another well put together vid by the Nuge so I gotta say Congrats on that.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:17 PM

Glad you found that guy man! I couldn't believe how long he took to die. The shot looked good from the initial footage. Always good watching your videos!!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:21 PM

Curious what your archery setup is, and what broadhead you used?
Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
While I commend your persistent recovery efforts I gotta say that was your first vid I didn't enjoy watching. Just didn't like witnessing the agonizingly slow death of the deer. I know it happens like this sometimes and completely get it, just not something I need to witness.

Having said that, it's another well put together vid by the Nuge so I gotta say Congrats on that.
I would have to agree with you on this and looking back i wish i had not showed that..... I was only trying to tell the story as it unfolded and didn't take into account how that would look. But thanks for the honesty
Old 11-14-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxclaro View Post
Curious what your archery setup is, and what broadhead you used?
Using a bow tech assassin with QAD rest and IQ bow sight. Arrows are carbon express maximum red arrows and grim reaper white tail special broad heads
Old 11-14-2017, 09:35 PM

Great video. And a beauty buck. They don't all have to be big, to make them a trophy. Bow kills are always special. Congratulations!!
Old 11-14-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post

I'm going to disagree a bit. It could have been trimmed a bit, but I wouldn't have cut it all out.
While I'm not a fan of any animal suffering, if you hunt long enough there is a chance that exactly what happened can happen. A tiny branch in that moment is invisible. And that shot didn't even look that bad to be honest. I'm surprised it went that far. Really surprised.

I think it was tastefully filmed and showed a lot for the newbies on do's and don'ts while tracking. I wish I had a video like this when I was learning, would have saved some hard lessons.
Great footage, great commentary, and a great eating deer.
As always, congratulations and thanks for taking us along!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Banned

I like how when you took the shot you hit a branch and still had a good shot.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
Great video. And a beauty buck. They don't all have to be big, to make them a trophy. Bow kills are always special. Congratulations!!

Agreed 100% thanks bowhunter9841

Old 11-15-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post

I think it was tastefully filmed and showed a lot for the newbies on do's and don'ts while tracking. I wish I had a video like this when I was learning, would have saved some hard lessons.

Great footage, great commentary, and a great eating deer.

As always, congratulations and thanks for taking us along!

Thanks CB that’s a great point man! Thanks for your support

Old 11-15-2017, 07:54 PM

I am curious as to what organs you seen hit with the shot? I never expected that deer to go on like it did with a wound in and out like that. Nice vid as it shows all sides of a hunt. If your a hunter, you most likely have experienced what you show on this video. It the highs, lows and highs again.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:28 PM

Finally got around to watching this, good work man. It happens to all of us. You did well. Congrats on the epic season.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I am curious as to what organs you seen hit with the shot? I never expected that deer to go on like it did with a wound in and out like that. Nice vid as it shows all sides of a hunt. If your a hunter, you most likely have experienced what you show on this video. It the highs, lows and highs again.

To be honest I do a gutless method and didn’t bother to look. I know the entry was a lung the exit was stomach but that’s all I bothered to look at.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Finally got around to watching this, good work man. It happens to all of us. You did well. Congrats on the epic season.

Thanks 3blade glad you liked it!

Old 11-16-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Glad you found that guy man! I couldn't believe how long he took to die. The shot looked good from the initial footage. Always good watching your videos!!

I know man I was shocked as well. But that’s bow hunting always keeping your emotions on s roller coaster haha