Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Yeah i have no doubts that my bow will take any big game animal.

I'll be putting it to the test this coming archery season. I also got asked to get rid of a bear this summer on a pasture north of the city so I'll be taking my bow for that hunt as well.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:01 PM

I bought the same bow, only I made the mistake (sort of, had gift cards) from Cabelas. The tech could not get it shooting on target. He moved my D loop about an inch up to get my on target. He admitted something was wrong, but figured I would adapt my form to make up for it. Kids were getting tired and sick of wondering the store with mom, so i left with full intentions of having someone a little better tinker with it.

Figured it was his set-up of the bow. Took it to Carson at JimBows, he tuned it right up. It was seriously a major hack job.

Great service from them! They are awesome.

Shoots nice now, feels great. I bought it as my first bow. Knowing I will upgrade sooner or later, but at least this one can adjust down so far my 2 young boys wont be long growing into it. Or have it set up for the wife. Or set it up as a spare for me. Maybe lend it to a friend if need be.

It's a nice shooting bow that can accommodate a 6 year old up to a full grown man. Because of its low poundage settings it seems to find itself in the youth category. But at over 300 fps and nice shooting. I love mine.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:28 PM

the more I read about this bow, I'm thinking it could be my first bow at a reasonable price

is it very loud?
Old 06-12-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheN3wguy View Post
the more I read about this bow, I'm thinking it could be my first bow at a reasonable price

is it very loud?
No its not loud at all. You should go shoot it at Jimbows and see for yourself. I love my bow so far. I'll be headed to Jimbows when I get back from holidays to get a tune up before archery season and probably up my draw weight to 60.
Old 06-12-2016, 06:28 PM

oh I don't live in Alberta. . I'm just here to read and learn
Old 06-12-2016, 06:54 PM

It's all good. Just head to your local pro shop they will get you set up and shooting.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheN3wguy View Post
do you think that bow would do the job on a moose/bear even tho its considered a youth/female bow

just trying to figure out my options for a first bow that would work for me hunting wise
Any youth/female Bow that will weigh in at 40 lbs pull [legal hunting weight] will do the job on any animal in north America with a well placed arrow and sharp head...

Have seen elk taken with 40 lb recurves, the Diamond Infinite Edge is capable of speeds 300 plus and get be bought in up to 70lb pull,...more than enough for elk, moose and bear.

A youth/female Bow doesn't mean its an inferior bow, simply means it designed for smaller framed shooters..

Neil
Old 06-13-2016, 10:44 AM

Bohning Staff shooter
Stan Releases Pro Staff
Old 06-20-2016, 08:09 AM

I don't mean to hijack your thread but the title is fitting and it's the same bow you chose

I priced an infinite edge pro, 6 arrows and tips, soft case and release for 750$ tax included ... I'm just curious to what more experienced people thought of this price

it's kinda got me thinking it's a little to much and target price hasn't been added..

ty for any opinions
Old 06-20-2016, 08:43 AM

I don't think that $750 is too bad. Here's a break down of what I paid off hand.

I paid approximately:
$440 for the bow
$75 for 6 arrows with field points
$90 for a hard case
$80 for a new release
$55 for slick trick broadheads

So that's about $740 give or take a few bucks. Hope that helps.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:03 AM

did you stick with the original sights?
Old 06-20-2016, 02:17 PM

Yeah no problem with the sight yet.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:47 PM

still liking the bow?
Old 07-10-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog Edm View Post
I ended up buying the Diamond Infinite Edge. It just felt the best out of all the bows I tried. I shot a few more expensive bows but I really couldn't feel enough of a difference to justify stretching my budget that much. I bought some gold tip hunter XT arrows to go with the bow. Best part of all my wife is happy that I didn't go overboard. Which is nice.

I know some people here are going to hate on the bow but i'm getting tight groups and I couldn't be happier with it. If I get a few years and keep my freezer full that's all I care about.
My first bow was a PSE carrol Intruder, maybe got 285fps out of that bow max. Shot my first deer and moose with that bow.
Practice practice practice for consistant accuracy is what counts the most!

You don't need the most expensive gear to get the job done.
I have 16 guns, 7 are big game rifles and 95% of my hunting is done with my PSE GX6. Far and away the most rewarding fun to get the job done.
Pic of my biggest bull by rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 Moose.jpg (35.4 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Snochuk; 07-10-2016 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snochuk View Post
My first bow was a PSE carrol Intruder, maybe got 285fps out of that bow max. Shot my first deer and moose with that bow.
Practice practice practice for consistant accuracy is what counts the most!

You don't need the most expensive gear to get the job done.
I have 16 guns, 7 are big game rifles and 95% of my hunting is done with my PSE GX6. Far and away the most rewarding fun to get the job done.
Pic of my biggest bull by rack.
I'm totally excited for my first bow hunting season! I'm counting days now. Going to get all my general archery tags. I've got 2 tree stands now but am planning for lots of spot and stalks. Been out scouting since May. It's going to be a fun season that's for sure. I've found out that I need a smaller back pack and that it needs to carry my bow. Anyone have any suggestions for a nice (not too expensive) bow pack? Ive been looking at the Alpz Outdoors Pursuit pack. It's got nice features and the price is nice.

Nice bull moose Snochuk. I hope 1 day soon to have pics of my first bow kill.