Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
csummer79

Default Ethical hunting ab

Just wondering if im alone in thinking the my ideals of eating what you kill is appropriate. The coyote hunting competition and cougar hunts here are a joke. one picture there of 80 or so killed coyotes is just sick and as far a killing big cats goes seriously use a camera its the same thing a nice picture is just as good as a mount. certain members here are goig to throw every insult out there and killing of to MANAGE wildlife is bs if theres not enough coyotes hello mice and rabbits. Cougars seriously there isnt enought to kill so you can talk about how great you are. If your a trapper great if you hunt to support your family great but if your killing for fun you have some serious problems. I hunt but i eat what i kill even if i dont like the taste its all about respect. What are your opinions of so called COMPETIONS. THESE arent comps there for ego maniacs. Wildlife managment isnt an excuse to kill for fun it should be used to contoll population explosion and dieses. Not to prove how cool you are anyways eat what you kill
Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 PM

first off, if you value all creatures as equal, then one could assume that all flies swatted are saved for a snack at your house, if not then get off of your high horse. jmo
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptine View Post
first off, if you value all creatures as equal, then one could assume that all flies swatted are saved for a snack at your house, if not then get off of your high horse. jmo
Its ok if he/she eats the flies.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM

my bad Deanmc thanks for picking me up on that one

I see nothing wrong with everyone showing there yote's on here and making a competition of it, I also shot a cat this year probably the only one I will ever shoot. I did take a little meat home just to say I did. If its legal I see no problem with it. Shooting some predators are going to up the fawn survival rate in the area which is a good thing. So whats wrong with any of that? A pic of 80 dead yote's is just a good day in my books.

LOL....the ignorance that oozes from this post isnt even worth replying to....

I am replying to the post about cougar hunting and how you somehow think you are better for not hunting cougars? Jesus man....you have no clue.

You obviously dont open your eyes enough to know that cougars can and are eaten and taste amazing.....but hey, once you have an ignorant thought ingrained in your head its hard to convince you otherwise. I hear PETA is lookin for members....
Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Can't fix stupid!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=28139

How come you didn't stipulate that you would only take animal mounts/hides that were processed for food? Aren't you asking trappers for hides? I don't think too many trapped animals are processed for food. Not walking your talk there fella...

What is your position on wolf and bear hunting now that you've expressed yourself on the cougar hunt?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post

How come you didn't stipulate that you would only take animal mounts/hides that were processed for food? Aren't you asking trappers for hides? I don't think too many trapped animals are processed for food. Not walking your talk there fella...

What is your position on wolf and bear hunting now that you've expressed yourself on the cougar hunt?
Thanks ehntr... at least you figured how to shut him up
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
csummer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post

I eat bear
trappers are earning an income SO certain mounts and fur is apprpriate to buy . how many trappers would kill off 80 animals at onceE they dont
and big cats should be a protected specices
nobody cull hunts wolve
and hunting for the sake of killing and showing off isnt hunting its an ego boost to make up for other things missing in your life
yes i would buy CERTAIN mounts
and i only kill if im going to eat it go ahead call me a hypocryte
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antlerguy View Post
Can't fix stupid!!
X2
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 PM

You arent a hyporcite, you're ignorant.

Big cats should be protected because you say so? I guess you're the biologist eh? Who cares that they are being MANAGED by people who have an education in the subject.

Yes.....wolves are cull hunted. I know several people that shoot them on sight.

But hey....you're an anti-hunter and you just dont know it. Next time someone tells you its wrong to shoot a 'pretty deer' and that you are doing it only for your ego you can take a step back and realize that they are using your tactics and you guys actually have a lot in common.

No point in continuing with this guy....
Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM

QUOTE Wildlife managment isnt an excuse to kill for fun it should be used to contoll population explosion and dieses.

Make up your mind, what do you think this all boils down to?

Last edited by lilsundance; 03-03-2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: language
Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 PM
csummer79

I eat deer . People like you if you had your way would guarantee there isnt any big cats left for my kids to see when there older they will have to go to your house to see if on your wall or look at your hunting pictures and wonder why you were alowed to kill them in the first place. Look at europe hardley any wolves or big cats left at all .I couldnt care less if you shot a wolve i would if you shot 20 for fun and your calling me ignorant. I doubt you would shoot a deer unless it had horns because the ones with horn definatly taste better. Ask your buddys why they are shooting wolves on site ITS BECAUSE THEY ENJOY KILLING FOR FUN NOT REASON
Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM
csummer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCats View Post
QUOTE Wildlife managment isnt an excuse to kill for fun it should be used to contoll population explosion and dieses.

Make up your mind, what do you think this all boils down to?
ya because the cougars are diesed and theres way to many of them same with coyotes i think we should have a competition and see who get the most kills by march 1st. that must be f&w motto too. Do you seriously consider yourself a sportsman if your killing for fun killing for fun is how this boils down

Last edited by lilsundance; 03-03-2009 at 10:45 PM. Reason: language in quote.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csummer79 View Post
I eat deer . People like you if you had your way would guarantee there isnt any big cats left for my kids to see when there older they will have to go to your house to see if on your wall or look at your hunting pictures and wonder why you were alowed to kill them in the first place. Look at europe hardley any wolves or big cats left at all .I couldnt care less if you shot a wolve i would if you shot 20 for fun and your calling me ignorant. I doubt you would shoot a deer unless it had horns because the ones with horn definatly taste better. Ask your buddys why they are shooting wolves on site ITS BECAUSE THEY ENJOY KILLING FOR FUN NOT REASON
Wildlife is managed in North America so the european experience is not repeated, as evidenced by the presence of huntable populations of wolves and big cats.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 PM

Yes wolves are cull hunted, F&W also poisions them on a regular basis.............FACT.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:01 PM

I shoot coyotes for fun, skin them and take them to the hutterites. They buy them off me for about 20 bucks a pelt and then turn around and sell them to the fur traders. Is that unethical or just another form of trapping?

There is nothing better then watching a coyote eat dirt when I pick him off at 200 yards on the run with the my trusty 270! Never gets old!!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I doubt you would shoot a deer unless it had horns because the ones with horn definatly taste better. Ask your buddys why they are shooting wolves on site ITS BECAUSE THEY ENJOY KILLING FOR FUN NOT REASON
Now you're crossing the line. First you stated YOUR ideals and asked if you were alone. You arent...PETA agrees 100% with you....

To assume you even THINK you know anything about me or how I hunt and why I hunt and why people kill wolves is IGNORANT. Look up the word....

God I hate anti-hunters......

Call me a 'poacher' without knowing anything about me? Yep.....dont let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Are you related to H**** P&*** F****** ? This is a hunting/fishing forum What do you think we are here to talk about ? This is by far the worst thread i have ever read on here!!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:11 PM

I personally hunt for meat, venison, moose, and elk. I would go for wild boar if I had the chance. I'd like to get back into duck and goose hunting.

I won't shoot a wolf, bear, or cougar.

I do shoot as many gophers as I can, and I would shoot a coyote any day.

I don't trophy hunt, but if I happen to shoot a deer with big antlers, then hey that's pretty cool. I'd keep the antlers. I have a nice whitetail mount that my dad shot and I hope it becomes a family heirloom.

Those are just my personal choices, but I don't sit and preach that everyone should have the same views as me. I'm also not going to condemn people for shooting cougars. They may have tastey meat, but yeah for the most part I would have to say that cougar hunting IMO is mostly trophy hunting. Still not going to condemn them.

I shoot gophers mostly because I like to see them go 'boom' with the hollow point .22's. It's also great target practice on a pest. Guess I'm an evil person.

Not sure what you're getting at csummer79. Why start a fight like this? Cabin fever getting to you too huh?
Old 03-03-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Ya your right our goverment and country are definatly well managed tell me exactly how many cougars there are i hope they do the same thing they did with grizzly to stop pleasure hunters i mean poachers like yourself
Thread closed should be soon !!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:14 PM

Wow csummer, it looks like you'd fit in great here......

http://www.peta.org/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10625

I am being DEAD serious. Your comments are EXACTLY those of people who oppose deer hunting. They think YOU are cruel for hunting and killing innocent deer for FUN. They think YOU are doing it for enjoyment (if not you'd buy meat at the store) and they think YOU are using wildlife management as an 'excuse' to support your useless killing....

The people in PETA agree with you. Its CRUEL to hunt anything and you shouldnt get ANY enjoyment from doing it. You should join. I am dead serious in my analogy and you fail to realize that you are doing the exact thing that PETA is trying to do to you and your deer hunting.

Watch those glass walls.....
Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM

Come now fellas. REMEMBER! Arguing on the internet is like winning in the special olympics. No matter, your still a ******. And I think this guy has a closet full of bronze medals.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Look at europe hardley any wolves or big cats left at all
Except for the sabre tooth tiger (now extinct damn evolution or ice age) I don't think europe has ever had any indegenous big cats. I could be wrong.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
Are you related to H**** P&*** F****** ?
Must be HPF's brother...

Quote:
Well whats the difference you said it yourself you and your buddies shoot wolves coyotes cougars all for what food. its called pleasure hunting insnt that the same as poaching thats almost as good as shooting a cow moose with baby inside hey then you tell your buddies you got two at once yuk yuk. Whatdya think tell me the difference between killing for fun and poaching besides the legalitys . really id like to hear it WILDLIFE MANGMENT lol
Poaching INVOLVES legalities.....its the whole point!!!

Thats like saying whats the diference in hunting and poachin other than the legalities....lol

I'm done with you, and I'm sure it wont be long till this board is done with you as well. Any further comments can be directed to the brick wall you're smashing your head against....
csummer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
I personally hunt for meat, venison, moose, and elk. I would go for wild boar if I had the chance. I'd like to get back into duck and goose hunting.

I won't shoot a wolf, bear, or cougar.

I do shoot as many gophers as I can, and I would shoot a coyote any day.

I don't trophy hunt, but if I happen to shoot a deer with big antlers, then hey that's pretty cool. I'd keep the antlers. I have a nice whitetail mount that my dad shot and I hope it becomes a family heirloom.

Those are just my personal choices, but I don't sit and preach that everyone should have the same views as me. I'm also not going to condemn people for shooting cougars. They may have tastey meat, but yeah for the most part I would have to say that cougar hunting IMO is mostly trophy hunting. Still not going to condemn them.

I shoot gophers mostly because I like to see them go 'boom' with the hollow point .22's. It's also great target practice on a pest. Guess I'm an evil person.

Not sure what you're getting at csummer79. Why start a fight like this? Cabin fever getting to you too huh?
maybe the reason there is so many gophers is not enough preditors not saying your evil but gophers and cougars are a little differnt dntcha think. ANyways keep up the meat hunting oh by the way bear is really really good just cook well

Default opinions

everyone is entitled to their own opinion on hunting ,fishing etc.
i too was raised to eat what i kill,but then my uncle bought a farm and it didn,t take long to realize that groudhog holes in tall grass break legges on horses and cattle so shooting them was the norm.
do i hunt coyetes,gophers etc. YES and the farmers appreciate that fact as i can save them some money on destoyed animals.
do i inflict my opions on members of this board ,NO.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 PM

He's been attacking the folks on the thread below as well, and didn't get enough reaction so he started this thread too.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=28818
Closed Thread