Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-17-2019, 11:29 AM

Default Winter project

Is there anyone out there that has added a flip down stern bench seat/ jump seat to their boat... I've googled a bit and find nothing but the manufactures OEM built pieces. I've talked with alumacraft dealers ( WPM ) and they were no help at all they said was they don't make one for your boat..... ( well no **** ... I was hoping to buy one and make it fit....) I have four seats in my boat but they take up all the room in the back and you can't move around....
Any help/ plan ideas would be great....
Old 02-17-2019, 12:46 PM

Would a bench like this work?

https://tempress.com/store/31-Foldin...Seat-p54481380
Old 02-17-2019, 01:51 PM

I did a walk through video of the Princecraft Amarok just the other day and it has the flip bench in it. It’s a slick system. You can see how it works around the 4:30 mark on the video.

https://youtu.be/zViwX1rEIL4

This bench is an option so you may be able to order it outright if you wanted? Barry Jays in Edmonton should be able to tell you.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 02-17-2019, 05:44 PM

I’m completely rebuilding my 16 ft Starcraft and planning on putting in a folding bench seat. The new Starcraft Renegade has them and I’m going to do essentially the same as that.
There’s the Tempress sold by Bass Pro for $350 US, so I might look at making my own. I’m sure I could have one made for less than that. Even if I have the padding made, it’s not hard to build a bench.
Since I’m going to have a pedestal mount on the seat back, the folding seat part likely won’t work as is. I’ll be mounting a bench seat to a hinged deck shelf.
I’ll see if I have some pics of the Starcraft one.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:46 PM

Default Winter project

I wasn’t sure when I wrote it, as it didn’t sound right, but the pedestal mount isn’t on the seat back. Yet it’s covered by the bench seat when up.
This one is from the 18 ft, and has a split bench. The 16 ft has a single full bench. Probably an option for either on the 18 ft.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Pre made.... nice looking but I was hoping for something that when I flip it down I can stand on it.... I may just break that lol....
Old 02-17-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
I did a walk through video of the Princecraft Amarok just the other day and it has the flip bench in it. It’s a slick system. You can see how it works around the 4:30 mark on the video.

https://youtu.be/zViwX1rEIL4

This bench is an option so you may be able to order it outright if you wanted? Barry Jays in Edmonton should be able to tell you.

SS
I like the two separate jump seat options but that was sagging when you stepped on it..... I'd like the back of the seats to become the legs of the platform.....
Old 02-17-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post

I wasn’t sure when I wrote it, as it didn’t sound right, but the pedestal mount isn’t on the seat back. Yet it’s covered by the bench seat when up.
This one is from the 18 ft, and has a split bench. The 16 ft has a single full bench. Probably an option for either on the 18 ft.
Thats the style I'd be looking at building.... as the back of the seats turn into the legs for supporting me when I I'm holding on to the 100 lb anchor
lol.....
One long bench one long cushion and I too have a pedestal mount on the back of my boat right now that I would be keeping in place so I'd build over it with those little stoppers....