Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 AM

Default Help upland or waterfowl hunting around Edmonton please

Hey guys. Son #2 (aged 21) and his room mate just got their gun and hunting license this summer. They have never hunted before. I lent my son my shotgun (so I HAD to get a new one. Even worked with my better half!) and he's got his grandpa's old .303 for deer season later, so he's set. Problem is, they go to the U of A in Edmonton and I have no idea where to advise them to try as I've never hunted the area. I gave them the link to the ACA map of their sites, but other than that, I've got nothing.

They've got guns, camo burlap, and a half dozen goose shells. Basically nothing. Any suggestions as to where they might go for some upland hunting or to jump or pass shoot some ducks or geese within an hour of the city? I don't know that their 6 goose shells are gonna do much.

Any advice or points greatly appreciated.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 AM

Oko tell your son to drive around the geese are flying everywhere around and in the city!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Tell him to try Manawan lake. 10 mins north of Morinville. It's surrounded by private land but has crown land around the lake. Some door knocking around there may prove useful or stick to the lake.