Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-23-2010, 10:41 AM

Default Park Lake Near Lethbridge

Just heading into Lethbridge, and saw Park Lake in my Backroad map book. Have our toddler with us. Is it worth checking out and fishing from shore?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:06 AM

Hi DarkAisling, I have never fished Park but I have heard there are some good sized pike in it. I have an excerpt from Barry Mitchells guide for you. Park Lake, Pike to 20 pounds, Perch to 1. Seasonal closures. We fished Clear Lake last night and froze our butts off. The Sgt. Major did ok and caught two 50 cm pike. I got skunked. Tons of rock snot and water vegetation. Why not try Keho?? Good Walleye and big pike.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Plinker is correct Keho is a better bet . On the north side there is a berm you can drive out on . Ive always had good luck there.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:09 PM

Thanks, guys.

We don't want to do Keho with our little guy in tow, so we've decided to stop by PCR. There is supposed to be a bit of a playground at the south end, with a bit of a beach area

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.