Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-24-2015, 07:24 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post

I hate these posts. It's a bonus. As in if you get one be thankful for it. If you don't you shouldn't complain. You could be one of 100,000 looking for work.

That ^

My 'Christmas Bonus', is that I get to go back to work on Monday.

Mac
Old 12-24-2015, 07:52 PM

Boss bought chinese food and xmas treats out of his own pocket.

I have a good boss and a good job, and him stepping up into the void like that earns our dedication.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:14 PM

We got no bonuses, gift cards or a Christmas party. I think this is good taste as it would be a slap in the face to the ones we had to lay off.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Banned

Default No Christmas bonus for me

I worked today...or rather I tried to work.I got no work.I am self employed and a bit of work would have been nice.Being busy today would have been even better.I have volunteered to work on Monday as the "Christmas Rush" was pretty light for me.

That being said I am glad I still have a job right now and my home is paid off.I will of course cook up a turkey and my "Christmas" will cost me about $40 to prepare a feast.....no gifts to buy and I wont go shopping on Boxing Day.

In a strange way I did get a bonus....when I hit the liquor store on the way home some complete stranger paid for my case of beer as well as another guy's.

I will roast up my turkey tomorrow and do all the trimmings and be thankfull that I have a roof over my head and live in a secure home.

Merry Christmas to all of the AO members.

FTH
Old 12-24-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
I worked today...or rather I tried to work.I got no work.I am self employed and a bit of work would have been nice.Being busy today would have been even better.I have volunteered to work on Monday as the "Christmas Rush" was pretty light for me.

That being said I am glad I still have a job right now and my home is paid off.I will of course cook up a turkey and my "Christmas" will cost me about $40 to prepare a feast.....no gifts to buy and I wont go shopping on Boxing Day.

In a strange way I did get a bonus....when I hit the liquor store on the way home some complete stranger paid for my case of beer as well as another guy's.

I will roast up my turkey tomorrow and do all the trimmings and be thankfull that I have a roof over my head and live in a secure home.

Merry Christmas to all of the AO members.

FTH
Enjoy your feast and I hope your new year is filled with billable hours!
Old 12-24-2015, 09:22 PM

Used to get bonuses at the company I work for but that has gone the way of the dodo. Not because the boss is cheap or anything like that but business has slowed down.
We did each get a $50 pre-paid visa and a handshake and Merry Christmas from the boss this year. I appreciated that.
The company I work for has been more than accommodating to the time I've needed off for various health issues.
That's more than I could expect.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:00 PM

My usual year end "Christmas bonus " was moved to a end of first quarter bonus. Now we receive our retention bonus first pay in December and our bonus is end of March .
Still very happy in a hard economy to have A boss and company who appreciates my skill set and gives me a good wage, a great retention bonus, and hopefully a great end of first quarter bonus.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:50 PM

Ya I got skidded! Nice two weeks payed vacation. Spending it all with family! That I'm not bummed at all! Looking for any employment at the moment... Not looking good. Cheers all
Old 12-24-2015, 11:59 PM

Got a few bonuses back in the late 70`s and early 80`s before Mick`s son`s stepdad fixed things permanently for alta.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:07 AM

I only have one employee. He's still in high school, so I figured a hundred bucks and a nice skinning knife would do the trick (especially since he helped me skin my mule buck this year!).
When I worked for "the man" we always got sobey's gift cards at Christmas. I think those maxed out at a hundred bucks, once you were a journeyman. I always thought that was an incredibly nice gesture.
Hopefully my wife gives me my Christmas bonus this year after the kids go to bed
Merry Christmas every one, and here's to hoping for the best for Alberta in 2016.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:02 AM

Default Christmas bonus

Really humbling to sit and read all the repsonses of so many decent AO members who have been hit hard this year. So many understanding people who dont rant or rave about their hard luck, but instead are happy to have a job to go back to after the holiday season. This used to be a real bragging topic in past years, so it shows the sign of the times!
My crew got bonuses this year, equivalent to about a weeks pay. Fortunate that our industry is still strong, and I have been blessed with a good crew to keep me going again this year.
Hopefully next year this will be a bragging session again, if the economy gets straightened around.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:28 AM

Location: i have a home in calgary however i live as much of my life as possible in the woods

This year ended on a fiscally sour note. I have been out of the office since Bonuses where distributed.

I am sure I will come back to some sour employees who don't realize that the 50% they got of what they normally receive has come out of the owners pockets.
I allocate more when there is more to allocate but too many forget it is a gift. My Bonus this year was not having to let anyone go before Christmas.

Best wishes to all,

RH
Old 12-25-2015, 07:36 AM

I get to spend time with family and friends after work today, that's bonus enough for me and back to work tomorrow, another bonus in these troubled times. Merry Christmas All.
Old 12-25-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
My Christmas bonus will be no CPP or EI to pay next month.
x2 plus I got lots of time to go fishing ,
Old 12-25-2015, 07:52 AM

Christmas bonuses? Whats that?
Old 12-25-2015, 08:08 AM

15 years now at my job. Always have a fat stack of hundreds in my Christmas card from day one. Just keeps getting bigger. I'm very lucky.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:21 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Got a job, health, friends and family so that's my bonus.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...