Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 12:44 PM

Default Why?

I would like whichever mod closed my thread on stopping impaired driving to please let me know why.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:52 PM
Banned

Their forum, they can do what they like. A lot of threads get closed, especially as of late with sensitive topics. Don't like it? Don't start threads you know to be inflammatory and likely to cause people to lash out at you for foolish ideas like mandating IIS's in every car.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:01 PM

So do you have any good ideas on how to stop this chronic problem or are you just going to keep berating someone who tries
Old 12-24-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcatguy View Post
I would like whichever mod closed my thread on stopping impaired driving to please let me know why.
Probably because some troll "overstepped the mark".
Happens too often around here.

Ya gotta remember websites are PRIVATE PROPERTY and the owners make the rules - just like you do in your home.

There's a lotta times I don't like it either, but I don't sponsor or contribute so I have no say whatsoever.

Last edited by stuckincity; 12-24-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:02 PM

I didn't think tere was anything wrong with that thread . So much for freedom of speech. Anyway it's Chrismas eve let's all be good today.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:06 PM

I realize it's their sandbox but the worst I saw was that someone thought it was a silly idea & an insult to them. Jeez grow a set.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 PM

Question ???????

Is it still open 10 or 12 threads ??????
Old 12-24-2015, 01:08 PM

i found your original post just 13 steps down
Old 12-24-2015, 01:09 PM

Default ??????

Ooops forgot to add Below
Old 12-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Banned

Yep. Private website so it has to be sensitive to what goes on here lest they draw the ire of the public in general or sponsors. (and I'm sure they were getting tired of getting bombarded by PM's etc from people who found the topics "uncomfortable")...can't blame them.

Bit of a trend lately around the globe as it pertains to micro-agressions etc.

Interesting article on Spiked regarding this if you care to look it up. I daren't post a link as it may get this thread shut down as well, but here's an innocuous quote from the article to get you started:

Ours is an age of intellectual conformism, in which expressing offensive opinions often seems to be deemed the worst offence of all; academia is decreed a ‘safe space’ where ‘uncomfortable’ ideas are banished, and using the wrong word can see you accused of committing a ‘microaggression’. And you are supposed to apologise at the first sign of a wagging finger.

Just be good and enjoy Christmas. Talk about something fun instead.

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm off to drink beer and wine with family and try to avoid eating too much.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:11 PM

Default closed thread

for those of you that want to know which thread I'm asking about it was about stopping impaired driving
Old 12-24-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
for those of you that want to know which thread I'm asking about it was about stopping impaired driving
I think your point was to put an interlock on any mobile piece of equipment. When silly things like that are posted it would appear to me like you are looking for a reaction. Post things that are sensible and your thread will continue.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
No it wasn't, it was about forcing draconian measures on 100% of the population in an effort to catch an unscrupulous minority. Look I'm all for preventing impaired drivers but mandating that that the auto industry install such devices and pass the cost onto the consumer and then have that consumer on the hook financially for calibrations/maintenance etc not to mention being forced to blow into a system every time they enter their vehicle is absurd on so many levels.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:20 PM

I think it got locked because someone said it was a silly idea. I challenge you or anyone else to come up with a solution that might work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
No it wasn't, it was about forcing draconian measures on 100% of the population in an effort to catch an unscrupulous minority. Look I'm all for preventing impaired drivers but mandating that that the auto industry install such devices and pass the cost onto the consumer and then have that consumer on the hook financially for calibrations/maintenance etc not to mention being forced to blow into a system every time they enter their vehicle is absurd on so many levels.
AKA, Trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I think your point was to put an interlock on any mobile piece of equipment. When silly things like that are posted it would appear to me like you are looking for a reaction. Post things that are sensible and your thread will continue.
The mods like to close any thread that appears to be a trolling thread, and the thread in question was silly enough that a mod might have considered posting that thread to be trolling on the part of the OP.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I think it got locked because someone said it was a silly idea. I challenge you or anyone else to come up with a solution that might work.
Seriously just stop and talk about relevant stuff. Before you post think this "If I walked up to a group of random dudes in a bar and said this, would it get me punched out or not" then decide if you should post.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
We could have a mandatory course you have to renew every five years in order to get your hootch possession licence and of course anything over 10% alcohol content would have to be registered and only consumed in a strict government sanctioned facility under the supervision of a drinking officer.
Receptacles would be limited to 5 ounces.
If it only saves one life
Old 12-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
We could have a mandatory course you have to renew every five years in order to get your hootch possession licence and of course anything over 10% alcohol content would have to be registered and only consumed in a strict government sanctioned facility under the supervision of a drinking officer.
Slow clap!
Old 12-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I'm just thinking here now so don't take this as words...I'm thinking this is something that I am really sure that we here are not the right people to come up with a solution on your question...so quit asking it and all will be good!
Merry Christmas
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 12-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Every person gets a personal RCMP shadow the moment they are born. Of course each personal RCMP constable would have to have a backup in the event they couldn't shadow you any more. And then you'd need backup, backup RCMP to ensure that the original shadow RCMP wasn't getting too friendly and letting you get away with stuff.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Before you post think this "If I walked up to a group of random dudes in a bar and said this, would it get me punched out or not"........

Happened to me a few times when I was "brave" in some bar but I never talk about it.....
Old 12-24-2015, 01:44 PM

You're right fellas. All I really want is more rules & laws by the government. Oh no that's not all I want. I also want us all to have to pay astronomical amounts of money for these rules.
Old 12-24-2015, 01:52 PM

When you start a thread that gets closed by the mods, it's usually not a smart idea to start another thread that ends up discussing the same topic.