Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 AM
BrownBear416

Default Baulde......

LMAO:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin .

Sutter will be dealing in the am...
Old 02-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Jamie Hunt

Default Re: Flames Banner

Quote:
James at least we have a past worth remembering, lets see how many ex Flamers in the Hall................uh..um...nope...uh....
We have 3 in the HHOF
Really its only 2 but it still says three.

Now come on say your sorry.......
Jamie

BTW what banner would you like?
Personally I would like the banners to say something along the lines of
"I wholeheartedly support the true champions of Alberta, I also would like to say I supported a inferior team for a number of years but I have learned my lesson. I feel great shame for any support I might have given to the Edmonton oilers/Eskimos and this mosquito infested place we call a "city" and I hereby declare that the Calgary Flames and the Calgary Stampeders and the city of Calgary have won my heart. Not only because they have the best fans in Alberta but mostly due to fact of the great city they come from
GO CALGARY GO!!!

Can you get that on a banner for them????
Perhaps a bit to much?
NAHHHHHHHHHHH
Post it for them
Old 02-27-2007, 12:50 AM
kanonfodder

LOL cmon 3 my AZZ, Mullen sure but Lanny the Leaf? and FUHR oh cmon James your grasping here pal.....:rollin
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Jamie Hunt

I also dont think Fuhr counts. But you asked I told
Lanny is a Flame. Go ahead ask him. His best years were in this town and I am sure that the HHOF would say he was a Flame.
So is Messier a NYR or a Oiler?
I say Oiler
Going to be a cool night tommorow.
Its a much watch for me.
I like the guy. Hated him when he was with you guys, but after the hatred died down I came to respect him, same goes with Gretz, Fuhr, Mcsorley, (Never Linsmen) Seminko (Not sure about Tik) Still dont like Sather.

Jamie

Also what banner?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Jamie Hunt

Yes.. Who is going to make up all these banners?
I dont know how, but I promise to police them.
Someone should repost the rules just so they dont forgett. I Doubt they would though, all those guys from up north have great memories. They remember last century like it was yesterday.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Jamie
Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 AM
kanonfodder

James at least we have a past worth remembering, lets see how many ex Flamers in the Hall................uh..um...nope...uh....
Old 02-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Baulde

Quote:
Whichever team is out first or lower points (if neither make playoffs), has to put an opposing teams banner as chosen by the winning side for their signature?
And it has to remain there until the drop of the puck in next seasons first battle of Alberta(and not a second earlier)
The combatants are
For the flames:
Baulde, Jamie Hunt, and BrownBear416

For the grease:
Craftyhunter, kanonfodder, and perchfisher90

Possible flames banners

Old 02-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Tree Guy

Kannon, how do I PM. My last post on 'Black Guns' may nuke us all! Go Oilers!!
Old 02-27-2007, 01:56 AM
kanonfodder

LOL Jamie, instead of all that how bout I puke on a Flames rag I mean Jersey and use that as a banner..lol.....my Oil aren't done and it would be sweet if we make the playoffs due to you winning some games we need lol GO OIL
Old 02-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Tree Guy

The talk today I heard is that Roenick is Calgary bound. He has stated he wants to end his career with a contender, and also to play at least one season in Canada before he is done. He was 40 minutes away from signing before the season, but Gretzky talked him into Pheonix (where his family lives) with the bait of being a first-line center. A season later of centering Larouque, he wants out. Calgary is a natural choice because of off-season history, his desire to play with a contender, his desire to play at least one season in Canada before he retires, and his history with Tony Amonte. I'm not a Roenick fan, but he could be a better playoff addition for the Flames than Gelenais.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:01 AM
Craftyhunter

James,

An inferior team? Seriously stop with the alcohol man its not healthy. Look at the number of banners flying in the saddledome and look at the number of banners in rexal.

Inferior team. Your like Canada to the US. The old I have to find every small detail to puff up inorder to inflate my sense of self. Count the number of years the Lamers made the playoffs to the number of years the OIL made it. This year is a write off for us. Sure so what. Your pitiful team did'nt make the playoffs for almost ten years. Choke on that. If your lucky and Mini actually plays the rest of the season you'll still make the playoffs. Otherwise your mediocre team is seriously in danger of tanking. Your goalie has grown holes the size of watermelons. If your offense hadn't picked up out of desperation you'd be in 16th place.

You had better look to your own before you start goin of the deep end pattin yourself on the back. I'll be watchin right to the end. You better get on your knees and prayer your sad sack team doesn't turtle.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Tucumseh

I guess he has to take his frustration out somehow. It's apparent who's going to the playoffs and who's not. :lol
Old 02-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Jamie Hunt

Cripes Crafty.. It was only a suggestion......:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Personly I wouldnt have expected anything less than that if it would have been Calgary who messed the bed. BUT it wasent. Your going to look good in red over the next 6 months.:b
:evil :evil :evil :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol :lol
They might turtle in the playoffs. But at least it will be in the playoffs.
SOooooo what banner you picking? I think the winners should pick the banner.

Jamie
Old 02-27-2007, 12:08 PM
kanonfodder

Did you see Sutter the other night chatting up George Laraque? THank god he was traded to Pitt ( told ya ) George in a Flames jersey would be JUST WRONG.....
Old 02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Jamie Hunt

Smyth must be going nuts.
Listening to TSN and one minute he is signed with Ed, next they are no where near a deal. Looks like he might stay in edmonton and test the waters of FA next summer. Bad move for Ed. You are going to lose a great player and get nothing in return. Smyth isnt willing (at this point) to offer the home town discount.
Sign him or trade him. A bag of pucks is worth more than nothing
Brad May is now a duck... GREAT I am sure they need more help... Its going to be a long hard road to the cup....
Burtuize (SP) is now a wing.
Nothing from the Flames yet 20 min to go
Jamie
Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Duk Dog

Default Oilers Trade

Looks like Ryan Smyth is gone to the Islanders....ouch.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Craftyhunter

Default Re: Oilers Trade

FIRE LOWE AND MACT FOR GOOD MEASURE!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Duk Dog

Default Re: Oilers Trade

(This message was left blank)
Old 02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
BrownBear416

Default WOW

Holy s##t i can't believe they traded Smitty.:rolleyes
Old 02-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Morbius131

Default Re: WOW

That is our GM and Head Coach for you. Wait to see what the OILERS fans think about K-DIRT tonight at the Messier show. For his health I hope K-lowe doesn't show up.

Morb
Old 02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Baulde

Even as a flames fan. I figure I have to draw the line somewhere. I guess that somewhere is rubbing in the Smyth deal. ****ty deal for the oilers. It would have been much more fulfilling to take the oilers out first hand in the playoffs.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Jamie Hunt

Oh my.....
They had to do it. Obviously they couldnt sign him.
Knowing you would have possibly gotten nothing in return are you guys happy with what you recieved?

Jamie
BTW. I feel for you guys. Thats a tough one to take
Old 02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
BrownBear416

Default Wow

Baulde I agree with you 100%, I was trembling and I don't even like the Oiler's one bit.

Wonder if there will be lots of booing tonight,Sportsnet said that Lowe offered Smitty 5.5 for 5 years and he would not take it.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Morbius131

Default Re: Wow

No we don't like what we got for Smyth and yes I heard we offered him 5.5 over 5 and he didn't want it but the fact remains Burke from Anaheim is steaming mad we didn't contact him because he had his finger on the trade button waiting for Smyth and I guarantee we could have gotten more out of that team. Possibly even a roster player and prospect. As it stands our Draft Pick might be the best thing we got out of the SMYTH deal.

You wait for the BOOING of K-dirt tonight.

Morb!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
gunner 83

Kevin Lowe needs to go....Kevin Lowe needs to go

...that about sums up my opinion>: >: >: >:
Old 02-27-2007, 06:03 PM
MrLeahy

Oilies offered 5.5 mil for 4 yrs and Smitty wanted 6mil for 5yrs...supposedly...we'll have to wait for the OFFICIAL press conference,hopefully tomorrow..
Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Jammer1

Default THROWING IN THE WHITE TOWEL

Sigh.

playoff hopes gone. They've been fading since Moreau got hurt and were sinking since all the other injuries but now that Smyth is gone, playoff hopes have disappeared. My only question is who do I cheer for now? Ah, I know...... ABC (anybody but calgary!!!!!!)
Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Tree Guy

Default Re: THROWING IN THE WHITE TOWEL

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!!! Stunning, stunning, stunning. I never thought I would live long enough as an Oiler's fan, let alone a HOCKEY fan, to see a trade worse than Gretzky going to LA.

Lowe has managed to get rid of our highest-scoring d-man and our leading scorer and heart and soul, for ABSOLUTLLY NOTHING!! I am going to vomit. ENRON had better management. Don't sign him and lose him for nothing? You shipped him out for nothing! What they did by getting nothing in return, is insult Smyth to the point where there is ZERO chance of re-signing him as an unrestricted.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:10 PM
Jamie Hunt

I think the bigger insult is sending him to another team that will not have a decent chance at the cup.
Thats the shame of it.

Jamie
Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Tree Guy

I blame two people for this.

1. christa prongerd. If he had kept his pecker in his pants, we wouldn't be facing not making the playoffs, thus making us 'sellers'.

2. don meehan. His agent. Bob MacKenzie reported that they were 2-3 hun. thousand per year apart. Thats it!! You just know meehan advised Smyth to say no because it was only 20 minutes before the deadline so there would be no time for lowe to cook up a deal. Reports are Smyth is devestated. Great advice meehan.

3. kevin lowe. That was the best 'plan b' deal you could come up with? You spent the off-season giving fat contracts to everyone else but Smyth? Have fun at Moose's ceremony tonight because I can guarentee we will NEVER, EVER DO THE SAME FOR YOU!