Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 09:21 AM

A nurse friend of mine smelled burning wire once. Hit the alarm and they started evacuating immediately.

Since there were lots of patients around she grabbed a fire extinguisher and followed her nose.

Faulty wire started a fire in a wall socket. She jammed the hose in and let fly the retardant. Fireman said without intervention it would of gone bad.

Moral of the story.

Safety first. Sometimes a ballast goes and stinks up a floor. Sometimes it can be the start of something bad. Thinking fast and making good decisions is key.

Anyone with training knows to follow the routine and emergency plan. Failing to do so can put other lives at risk. Depending upon the circumstances...it would be grounds to fire someone.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
First off, if she came in and grabbed me she would be either charged or bleeding from her nose.

Second, as a first responder, I am not going to enter a situation that puts me in imminant danger as better to have one fatality versus two or more. My chief would make the call. If a no go, it is a no go. Poor Mohammed would be on his own.
WOW. Maybe you should try other options for career.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
WOW. Maybe you should try other options for career.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:20 PM

questions no one asked ....was there a fire. Did anyone else smell it . Or was this just a drama queen in action...... I'm sure we will never know.

Also just the fact you have 1st aid which anyone can get with a few hours training
this does not Make you a safety officer so no one has to listen to you they has their own minds.

Mack