Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Default .... And we sure hit a new low here

So... On this day... Imma gonna quote some bible stuff here.... And I'm not religious or Christian... But on this day, out of respect for this day..,

Luke 2:14

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth Peace, goodwill toward men"

Deerguy et al.

I hope you get the Christmas spirit soon.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."

Last edited by bessiedog; 12-25-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:36 AM

I'll make a modest donation of wild game. I don't have a lot as I didn't shoot anything this year, but if there are folks with children to feed, they need it more than me. I don't care what color their skin is or what faith they follow. PM me and we'll hook up soon. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
Why not go down to the Irish Center and see if anyone from there needs help? If they do get back at me and I will. E more then willing to lend a hand.
Carefull, if you actually did it yourself, you might learn something.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Canada is over populated. Not our job to care for the 3rd worlders all under the guise and crap shoot of equality. Muslims or not, that is not the issue, we are full and past capacity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbug View Post
yeah help these refugees, not. MANY Canadians eho are hungry and homeless that need attention. Not these *refugees* that come here with the latest I-phone and nice clothes.
Ahh. ...true Christmas/Christian spirit right there folks.
Kids, take a good look at the spirit behind these comments, hopefully you can learn something.

It's a shame to see such attitudes expressed among a group of "Canadians". Hopefully among the minority.

Great thread OP, good luck in your endeavor.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
So... On this day... Imma gonna quote some bible stuff here.... And I'm not religious or Christian... But on this day, out of respect for this day..,

Luke 2:14

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth Peace, goodwill toward men"

Deerguy et al.

I hope you get the Christmas spirit soon.
Agreed. Remember Jesus loved all.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmhunt View Post
Some of the racist kkk fellas on this site should be ashamed of themselves, you realize every Canadian is an immigrant? The guy is trying to spread Christmas joy. Normally don't post but this is sad.
Your statement is 100% false. But I expect nothing less from the uneducated white guilt type.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged1 View Post
Carefull, if you actually did it yourself, you might learn something.
Careful,if you did it you might actually be helping real Canadians and might be called a racist.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Careful,if you did it you might actually be helping real Canadians and might be called a racist.
Why are you even in this thread?? You don't want to help people, don't. Why do you have to come into a perfectly good, joyous Christmas spirit thread and sh|t all over it. It's guys like you that end up locking down perfectly good threads. Lately it seems we cant have even the most simplest and innocent threads without it getting shut down.
Dont like it? Don't want to help? Don't comment on it!
Old 12-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
Why are you even in this thread?? You don't want to help people, don't. Why do you have to come into a perfectly good, joyous Christmas spirit thread and sh|t all over it. It's guys like you that end up locking down perfectly good threads. Lately it seems we cant have even the most simplest and innocent threads without it getting shut down.
Dont like? Don't comment on it!
I did say I would help. I said go down to the Irish Center and find out what needs to be done and I'll be more then willing to help out. I understand that because they are not refugees that makes me a bad guy and full of Christmas soul stealing spirit or some crap.

But Don't you EVER accuse me of not being willing to help people, because I ALWAYS am! Donkey!
Old 12-25-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
I did say I would help. I said go down to the Irish Center and find out what needs to be done and I'll be more then willing to help out. I understand that because they are not refugees that makes me a bad guy and full of Christmas soul stealing spirit or some crap.

But Don't you EVER accuse me of not being willing to help people, because I ALWAYS am! Donkey!
"Yeah, get out there, do the leg work for me, go check some place out and get back to me, while I sit here on my couch, crapping all over someone who actually IS helping..."

Sorry...I didn't realize you were such a humanitarian.

Why not start your own thread instead of dissing someone else's that doesn't meet your standards.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:

Why just the Irish Center?

My mother was a refugee, and we later immigrated to Canada. Yeah, I and my family were called DPs, and I still have the literal scar on my hand for not being 'from here'.

However, regardless, there were kind Canadians who helped us those first tough few years. Not people with attitudes like yours, but real people who saw beyond the prejudices of the times. Real people with real compassion, not the phony garbage you're spouting serving only 'their kind'.

You are an embarrassment to those that want to see those who suffered so much integrate into Canada. Your attitude isn't conservative or liberal, it's embarrassing.

Shame, and this on Christmas, a holiday which I attach no religious attribute to at all as an atheist, but one that does promote peace and understanding, even from a secular point of view.

You're not my kind of Canadian at all.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:30 AM

Default You could possibly be....

Quote:

Those natural born Irish.......

Sigh

Please look at that statement....... How embarrassed do you feel?

Your ignorance fuels your fear and turns it to anger.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-25-2015, 11:31 AM

Send me a PM with some details. I have some I can donate. Sorry I am one of 50000 newly unemployed out of oil and gas but still know how lucky I am and this is be one thing I can do to help.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:

I am ashamed to be in any community that has someone who is openly as racist
and intolerant as you are. We have lost lots of really good members and yet we are blessed with you. Something seems wrong with that.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Canada is over populated. Not our job to care for the 3rd worlders all under the guise and crap shoot of equality. Muslims or not, that is not the issue, we are full and past capacity.
We have hundreds of unemployed people here do to our stupidity of voting in the dippers. now we want to give to people from other countries?? My suggestion is to look after our own first before we pander to political correctness. Charity begins at home first. We have had suicides here because of our stupid provincial govt! I'm actually sick of hearing of the Syrians!
On the 20th of december, exactly a year ago, a young six year old girl was brutally beaten, raped and left for dead in the snow near Duffield, Alberta... She is a tip of the iceberg! There are so many CANADIANS that really need our help and prayers! Wake up people!
Old 12-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Banned

No shjit. Help our own. Way before others.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You should be removed from this forum.

Dodger.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
A few weeks back, I started a thread asking for help in buying newcomers to Canada Christmas gifts...

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=273507

In less than 24 hrs, the generous people of AO donated $1800 to bless three families. Today I delivered gifts and was just humbled by the excitement of the children, and the gratefulness of the families, who are thankful to be in their new country.

During the meetings, I asked if they would like some wild meat, as groceries are so expensive, in all cases they said yes.

If you are in Edmonton, and have any deer, moose, or elk that is in good condition that you could donate, I have people who sure would be grateful.

Just let me know, and I would be happy to pick it up.

Merry Christmas,
sns2
Merry Christmas and a slow clap to you sir.

Dodger.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:47 AM

*sigh*....It truly is sad that this forum seems incapable of expressing love and human kindness without the other half lobbing hate and political bias at each other.
ANOTHER thread that should be shut down??
Old 12-25-2015, 11:52 AM

People are people, there are good and bad and they come in every race, colour and creed .
Just because a person is Muslim does not make them a terrorist nor does it make an Irishman a God fearing good person of faith or an IRA terrorist either!

By the same token racism and hate know no bounds , there are plenty of needy people here and lots that take advantage.
Cat
Old 12-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgy_Dave2.0 View Post
"Yeah, get out there, do the leg work for me, go check some place out and get back to me, while I sit here on my couch, crapping all over someone who actually IS helping..."

Sorry...I didn't realize you were such a humanitarian.

Why not start your own thread instead of dissing someone else's that doesn't meet your standards.
He is already offering to do the leg work and is looking for people who will help, I gave him proper direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Why just the Irish Center?

My mother was a refugee, and we later immigrated to Canada. Yeah, I and my family were called DPs, and I still have the literal scar on my hand for not being 'from here'.

However, regardless, there were kind Canadians who helped us those first tough few years. Not people with attitudes like yours, but real people who saw beyond the prejudices of the times. Real people with real compassion, not the phony garbage you're spouting serving only 'their kind'.

You are an embarrassment to those that want to see those who suffered so much integrate into Canada. Your attitude isn't conservative or liberal, it's embarrassing.

Shame, and this on Christmas, a holiday which I attach no religious attribute to at all as an atheist, but one that does promote peace and understanding, even from a secular point of view.

You're not my kind of Canadian at all.
I have no idea what "DP's" is. What you consider Christmas is quite irrelevant, it is a Christian holiday, if you choose to celebrate it then have it, but never forget why it is there. I also will loose no sleep as to whether I am your type of Canadian or not, judging by your views the further away I am from you in likeness the better off I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
I am ashamed to be in any community that has someone who is openly as racist
and intolerant as you are. We have lost lots of really good members and yet we are blessed with you. Something seems wrong with that.
Nothing I said was racist, we should help our own first and foremost, not refugees. We have people on the streets at this very moment huddled under blankets trying to stay warm while Refugees are sitting warm in their tax payer provided accommodations, that is enough help by my account. I have been helping these people out since they got here by being a taxpayer, choosing not to give more to those who have done nothing to earn it does not make me a racist. I'd sooner give a Black homeless man a warm turkey sandwich the a pale as rice refugee anyday, but yes, that makes me a racist.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
He is already offering to do the leg work and is looking for people who will help, I gave him proper direction

I have no idea what "DP's" is. What you consider Christmas is quite irrelevant, it is a Christian holiday, if you choose to celebrate it then have it, but never forget why it is there. I also will loose no sleep as to whether I am your type of Canadian or not, judging by your views the further away I am from you in likeness the better off I am.

Nothing I said was racist, we should help our own first and foremost, not refugees. We have people on the streets at this very moment huddled under blankets trying to stay warm while Refugees are sitting warm in their tax payer provided accommodations, that is enough help by my account. I have been helping these people out since they got here by being a taxpayer, choosing not to give more to those who have done nothing to earn it does not make me a racist. I'd sooner give a Black homeless man a warm turkey sandwich the a pale as rice refugee anyday, but yes, that makes me a racist.

Displaced person, my grandparents.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Same connotation as n#gger has today, and said with the distain of a KKK member.
Well I am sorry to hear that. Saying that, I am bowing out of this thread. Merry Christmas to each and every one of you.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:24 PM

Just wow on this thread. Train wreck. Just sad!
Closed Thread