Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-13-2010, 07:49 AM

Default New Pistol

Ooops!! I bought a gun without telling my wife!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelb View Post
Now who would ever do that. hehe

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM

tell her is was on sale, clearance...heck of deal etc...that sometimes softens the blow.
a friend of mine years ago got caught buying a new rifle (AND) booking a caribou hunt without mentioning it.....he played the "Dear, it was supposed to be a surprise for you...we never spend time together and I thought this would be a nice time for the two of us (tongue deeply in cheek) hunting caribou in the NWT"
His dear wife (both in their 50's) was a prissy old gal and called him on it...ended up having to take his new 7mm08 to a gunsmith to shorten the stock and fit it to her. She was very petite and he was a ex RCMP mountain of a man....ended up in the NWT staying in metal grain bins with a bitchy wife...and the first day out she dropped the new rifle off of a small rock face and destroyed the new Leupold scope....
he came back a very humbled man......

Last edited by shooter55; 05-13-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Easier to ask for Forgiveness tha it is to ask to BUY something.

Get ready for the

YOu have alot of to do!!! lol

If not, have a good lawyer on retainer
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM

What did you buy?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 05-13-2010, 03:51 PM

Post Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelb View Post
Thats an every year accurance between my mom and Dad.Every year dad buys another rifle,mom finds out months later then its go time

Your wife will get over it,if she even gets upset about it???
Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM

I just bought a little pistol. A norinco NP-40, that's the CZ-85B copy in .40 S&W. Nothing fancy, and definately on the cheaper end. I don't dare buy anything too pricey without her majesties warrant.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 PM

P.S. I hate the habs
Old 05-14-2010, 06:25 PM

should be a slick pistol...always like the CZ's. Let us know how she shoots..the gun, that is!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Thumbs up

Norinco NP-40

Real tight build, decent finnish, cheap grips. Not a true CZ-85B copy as only the safety and not the slide lock is ambidextrous. Trigger pull is really heavy in DA, but fine in SA. This pistol could use a trigger job.

Out of the box it is quite an impressive shooter. I'm no IPSC guy but I can group pretty well under 15 meters. This shoots at least as well as my Glock 22. I did encounter one stopage. I believe the bullet snagged briefly on the feed ramp, then chambered but stayed slightly out of battery. I tapped the mag and racked the action and all was well. When I examined the ejected cartridge the bullet had a slight dent on the front. I chambered this and it fired without difficulty. I put 100 rounds through it in about 20 minutes.

At $350.00 this is a nice little pistol. I replaced the grips with butler creek's and intend on a trigger job. After that this will be a great gun.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

My problem if you could call it one is that since I've taught her how to shoot when we go to the range I never get to use mine much because she's taken them over. It's a good deal in a way because I can buy pretty much whatever I want firearm wise but she ends up shooting them. I'm thinking a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70 might remedy this though, she's a tiny thing and everything I've taught her to use has little to no recoil. I almost snuck a 357 into the Blackhawk though instead of a 38 but I thought she might drop it. And really when it comes down to it though I wouldn't want to wreck a good thing by scaring her with something that might turn her off shooting. She's getting pretty good at it too by the way. Plus she's learning enough about them to recognize rifle/handgun wise that if it's not a semi and the round looks large it'll have more punch
Old 05-25-2010, 10:37 PM

I know what you're talking about guys. Having "The Sleeping Dragon" clutching the purse strings is definitely a challenge. My one workaround on this is buying a new 4 wheeler ever second year. Here's the thing: you need to buy every second year so the machine still looks kind of new when you swap it out. Also, you need to buy in the same colour every year. If it doesn't look newer than your old bike, and it's the same colour, you're good to go! If you want a new colour, drape a coloured blanket over the bike for a few weeks. Women are easily fooled, and if you use a multi-coloured blanket, you can just pull the old "The bike has always been yellow! I can't believe you don't know the 1990 Yamaha 1100-YX J 1500 LMNOP, with over-charged-turbo-cam twist compressors...." If you throw in a lot of numbers and model names, her eyes will glaze over just like your's do when she's describing the new Princess House crystal gravy boat she just got. Then while she's distracted, you can load the new 4 wheeler and go hunting
Old 05-25-2010, 11:26 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcutter View Post
I know what you're talking about guys. Having "The Sleeping Dragon" clutching the purse strings is definitely a challenge. My one workaround on this is buying a new 4 wheeler ever second year. Here's the thing: you need to buy every second year so the machine still looks kind of new when you swap it out. Also, you need to buy in the same colour every year. If it doesn't look newer than your old bike, and it's the same colour, you're good to go! If you want a new colour, drape a coloured blanket over the bike for a few weeks. Women are easily fooled, and if you use a multi-coloured blanket, you can just pull the old "The bike has always been yellow! I can't believe you don't know the 1990 Yamaha 1100-YX J 1500 LMNOP, with over-charged-turbo-cam twist compressors...." If you throw in a lot of numbers and model names, her eyes will glaze over just like your's do when she's describing the new Princess House crystal gravy boat she just got. Then while she's distracted, you can load the new 4 wheeler and go hunting
I bought my wife a new quad a few years ago so she could have her own. Bought it and told her she now had one of her own and it paved the way for my new quad later on