Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-24-2017, 09:49 AM

Default Quickest Firearms Import Yet

After checking with dealers and discovering that the delivery time for the shotgun that I wanted could be up to a year, I started searching the USA dealers to see if anyone had what I wanted in stock. I ended up finding a used gun with the options that I wanted, and with a third set of barrels, for a good price, and contacted Clay at Prophet River to see when he was bringing in another load of shotguns. It turns out that he was heading down on the weekend, and it being Wednesday, the chances of getting the gun to his FFL holder in Montana, and getting the paperwork done in time was very unlikely, so it would have to wait a month or so for the next shipment. The purchase was made anyways, and then Friday Clay called to inform me that by some miracle, the gun arrived at his FFL holder, and that the paperwork had been submitted, and there was a chance that he would be bringing the gun back on the weekend. Then Monday Clay sent me an e-mail notifying me, that the gun was in his store. I drove down and picked it up yesterday, for a total elapsed time between purchase in the USA, and me picking it up, of less than one week. This is certainly not the normal situation, but because of the timing , very prompt work by Clay and his staff, and a little luck, it was made possible.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:54 PM

Cool when an unplanned plan comes together. Wadja buy this time? third barrel set sounds interesting.....
Old 05-24-2017, 02:26 PM

Krieghoff K-20, 20/28/410 three barrel set.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:54 PM

Sounds like a nice buy, is it pretty?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:15 PM

Not fancy by Krieghoff standards. lowest grade of wood and engraving that Krieghoff sells. I actually bought it used, the metal is like new, and the wood has a couple of very minor flaws, but the price was a lot lower than what a new three barrel set goes for.

Old 05-25-2017, 02:32 PM

Default Dang

Those are wide ribs.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 PM

The ribs are tapered from about 10mm to 6mm. They look wider on the sub gauge barrels.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:47 PM

Default You are in the big league now EH11

When I shot competition many many years ago the two names to shoot were Kreighoff and Perrazi. They are build to outlast the shooters and hold value extremely well. Known of several shooters that shot them for 2-3 years and sold them for more or the same as they paid because replacements had gone up so much in value. You will really enjoy this gun. have fun!!
Old 05-25-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwbirds View Post
When I shot competition many many years ago the two names to shoot were Kreighoff and Perrazi. They are build to outlast the shooters and hold value extremely well. Known of several shooters that shot them for 2-3 years and sold them for more or the same as they paid because replacements had gone up so much in value. You will really enjoy this gun. have fun!!
My motive was to greatly reduce my firearms inventory, and invest in one skeet/sporting clays gun to last me as long as I am interested in shooting those disciplines. I am also greatly reducing my inventory of centerfire and rimfire rifles, just keeping my go to guns, that I shoot most often.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:26 AM

Ya, after a while, a person does wonder why they have so many similar guns that you can only use for so many purposes. I am of the same frame of mind, have a few good ones, and a spare in case of need. Still have a few I am somewhat choking on the thought of selling, but, I still keep telling myself they are excess. One of these days , a lot sooner than later, they will go.