Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-21-2017, 12:49 PM

Default Hobie Kayak Demo Day in Calgary May 27th

I just found out that Glenmore Sailboats(Calgary and Edmonton Hobie dealer) is going to be hosting a demo day at Chestermere Landing on May 27th to allow people to try the hobie kayaks out. They plan on having a Pro Angler, Outback, Revolution 11, Sport, Tandem Island and Eclipse boards for people to try out. I think there might be some other sailboats there too but don't know the details on that stuff.

This should be a fun time and it is a great way to help a guy decide which model best suits there needs. I have only used an Outback so far and bought it because it seemed to be the best all around choice but I look forward to trying out the other models to see how they compare.

I have been trying to talk them into doing a similar demo day up here in the Edmonton area as well so if anyone else would be interested in that shoot me a message and if we can get enough people lined up maybe we can get one organized up here too.

For those that don't know anything about the Hobie Kayaks they were the first pedal drive kayak which is great for fishing because your hands are always free for fishing. Imo they are the best man powered fishing boat you can buy and you can see the details for the different models on their website.

http://www.hobiefishing.com

And a picture of my outback all rigged up for fishing.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:52 AM

Poster for the event.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:36 AM

Thanks for posting this. I have a couple of Hobie friends that are looking at upgrading, and I'll pass this along to them.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:10 AM

Me and my friends would be very happy to see and attend such kayak or boat show held in Edmonton area.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:17 PM

Bump, just around the corner this takes place next Saturday.

I am told there will be some sailboats and powerboats to look at as well. Not sure if there will be any fishing boats though.

I am going to be there to check things out and gonna bring my inflatable hobie for people to look at too if they want.

So far haven't had enough interest for an Edmonton event so if you are interested let me know will try and arrange something.