Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 AM
Banned

A hand crossbow for sure.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:45 AM

When is it suppose to arrive? I'm very intrigued at this point!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylverCANADA View Post
When is it suppose to arrive? I'm very intrigued at this point!
After I get all the scratch together, get transfer, and shipped....I figure a couple weeks or so.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-23-2017, 09:17 PM

Titanium Gold Desert Eagle.440 Cor-Bon?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Banned

Gun that shot Abe Lincoln?
Hitlers personal sidearm?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:04 AM

I know how you feel, I just sold eleven firearms to pay for a shotgun. Now that I am shooting the shotgun three times per week, I don't miss the other firearms at all.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I know how you feel, I just sold eleven firearms to pay for a shotgun. Now that I am shooting the shotgun three times per week, I don't miss the other firearms at all.
I'm with you elkhunter11. I'm selling a few to fund a .348 Winchester (Browning).
And I'm usually not too but hurt when I sell to fund.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
Titanium Gold Desert Eagle.440 Cor-Bon?
Nope, though that sounds like a dandy for when the velocoraptors come calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Gun that shot Abe Lincoln?
Hitlers personal sidearm?
Not quite that esoteric....pretty sure it has never been shot or used to kill anyone.

So I'm moving some money around and plan on getting this done in the next week. My patience is done.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-24-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I figure I'll be ok once I get the Unicorn in my white gloved hands....but I don't expect I will shoot it. The first trigger pull would cost me a few mortgage paypments! This one is a carefully polish only, museum quality, not ever going to see another in my lifetime, don't even think about it, gun.

I think when you all see it you will concur.

Old 06-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Banned

Dear Lord. The wait is killing me. It better me the likes of Custer's revolver or something along those lines. You bugger Twisted Canuck, you really are twisted aren't you? Loving every moment.....
Old 06-24-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Dear Lord. The wait is killing me. It better me the likes of Custer's revolver or something along those lines. You bugger Twisted Canuck, you really are twisted aren't you? Loving every moment.....
Well, sort of, but I know what I'm getting, and the wait is harder on me than you, trust me! Custer's revolver would be cool to have, but didn't he lose?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I figure I'll be ok once I get the Unicorn in my white gloved hands....but I don't expect I will shoot it. The first trigger pull would cost me a few mortgage paypments! This one is a carefully polish only, museum quality, not ever going to see another in my lifetime, don't even think about it, gun.

I think when you all see it you will concur.
Too each his own, but I am a shooter,not a collector. If I own it, I shoot it.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, sort of, but I know what I'm getting, and the wait is harder on me than you, trust me! Custer's revolver would be cool to have, but didn't he lose?
Lose or not. Can you imagine what that piece would be worth had it been retrieved from the battle field and preserved. Anyhow, I'm not much of an expert into handguns. However, I was commissioned to restore P.O. Ackley's custom made sheep hunting rifle which was purchased from his estate. It was a 7x57mm Ackley Improved of course. A gorgeous Fajen stock. A fellow in Calgary now owns this gem.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

Will this item be a revolver?
Old 06-24-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Too each his own, but I am a shooter,not a collector. If I own it, I shoot it.
I have lots that I shoot too (actually more than I can get to most of the time) but I also collect art work and really nice guns. This one bridges the gap between art and fine gun smithing for me. I suspect you may agree once I post some pics.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Lose or not. Can you imagine what that piece would be worth had it been retrieved from the battle field and preserved. Anyhow, I'm not much of an expert into handguns. However, I was commissioned to restore P.O. Ackley's custom made sheep hunting rifle which was purchased from his estate. It was a 7x57mm Ackley Improved of course. A gorgeous Fajen stock. A fellow in Calgary now owns this gem.
I totally appreciate 'gems'. I've already got a couple that I consider gems, not in the realm of Ackley's sheep rifle, but I will soon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Will this item be a revolver?
I expect so..... Now that you have narrowed it down, all I can say is.....it's a beauty.

Old 06-24-2017, 06:10 PM
Banned

Border Patrol?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:12 PM

Which border....?

Old 06-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Banned

u.s.a?
Old 06-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm on the same page. Sold a couple of shotguns to fund my new lathe. No regrets whatsoever as I will be able to build something of my own flavor amongst other things.

Look at it this way. You're only here for a while, and you don't actually own anything, you're just renting it. So you may as well "rent" what really makes you happy.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
.....Look at it this way. You're only here for a while, and you don't actually own anything, you're just renting it. So you may as well "rent" what really makes you happy.
That sounds like wisdom right there. Looking forward to getting my rental posted up here in a week or two.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
I'm on the same page. Sold a couple of shotguns to fund my new lathe. No regrets whatsoever as I will be able to build something of my own flavor amongst other things.

Look at it this way. You're only here for a while, and you don't actually own anything, you're just renting it. So you may as well "rent" what really makes you happy.
agreed Cement Bench
Old 06-27-2017, 01:56 PM

Well the transfer got done today, and the payment got shipped out in the mail today as well, so technically......

Should I post some pics here?

Old 06-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Banned

Default please

yes?
Old 06-27-2017, 02:07 PM

give us a hint
Old 06-27-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Well the transfer got done today, and the payment got shipped out in the mail today as well, so technically......

Should I post some pics here?
You TEASE!
Old 06-27-2017, 03:25 PM

Well, if I can get Photobucket to cooperate, no more teasing today.....for your examination and delight, I'd like to present you with a very, very rare Colt Python. It is a Canadian Provinces Edition, and happens to be Alberta! It was originally shipped to Arkansas, ended up in Ontario, and then BC, and now it is finally where a museum piece like this deserves to be, in Alberta! A brief description:

1979 Colt Python, Blue
Factory Engraved
Ivory Grips (yes, real pre ban Ivory) Ivory patch box, screw driver, oiler and brush, in French Walnut presentation box.
Sights outlined in Gold, Province of Alberta outlined in gold on unfluted cylinder, gold Maple Leaf on right side of frame, Canadian Provinces Edition on barrel in gold.

I have letter from Colt coming with it. Trying to verify actual production on this has turned out to be very difficult, it is not even listed in Kelly's book, suffice to say...very rare. A couple speculations on the order of 50 or less. No idea if any others are in Canada, but no more will ever come to Canada because of the Ivory Ban.

Of course, unfired in original presentation box with all paperwork and the Colt Archives letter of authenticity. Without further ado.....here she is boys and girls!
(these are pics from seller, I obviously don't have it quite yet....)

So, was it worth the tense waiting? You betcha!

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 06-27-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duceman View Post
must be a hell of a rig for what your sending down the road, not sure where you go from a python..............anaconda maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
Must be something, not sure I could have parted with a python.

Actually, I guess I could but I'd hate it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stob View Post
I will double down on something from the Snake Family
....and, the only place to go from one nice Python, is to a nicer one! You guys were in the ball park.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:37 PM

Congratulations! Absolutely beautiful.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 PM

Good heavens, lad! That splendid piece is worth the wait!