Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-27-2013, 07:09 PM

Default Hermitage Park?

Hey all,

Was just curious as to if anyone has been to Hermitage lately? If so have you caught anything? Was there today before the storm rolled in but no luck, didnt really get a good chance though.

I was originally heading to the river on TWNSHP 540 but the ice was coming down the river like crazy.

Cheers,
Landon
Old 04-27-2013, 07:15 PM

idk buddy but i swing by there every day when i grab a timmies the ice just came off two days ago they should stock it soon if ya find out when theyr stockin it lemme know ill do the same i bet any fish that were in there died over winter
Old 04-27-2013, 07:17 PM

I believe that hermitage winter kills
Old 04-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
idk buddy but i swing by there every day when i grab a timmies the ice just came off two days ago they should stock it soon if ya find out when theyr stockin it lemme know ill do the same i bet any fish that were in there died over winter
Are you really that close to it? I drive by there every day too lol. On Thursday night I went down there right around 11 (i know it closes then) to check if there was ice and a cop stopped me to see what I was up to. I knew he didn't believe me when I said I was checking on the ice lol.

If I recall correctly, they stocked it may long last year?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 PM

lol yeah right hey funny cuz thats usually around the time i stop by and ya i live on 64 street so pretty close me n the gf head down to the tims there once the kids pass out and stop by hermitage every night just to see we went down there to see the meteor shower too that was sweet i drive a gold chev with a camo green lee box in the back say hi if ya see us
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 PM

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for you. I'm in a blacked out Mazda 6.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Banned

the pond is dead but if you park and walk 3 min. across the dog park to the outfall you can say hi to the crew fishing the nsr.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 AM
Banned

Hey ninja there is a garbage there for a reason( above outflow)maybe you and your fishing crew should try using it. It's a disgusting mess down there and hardly worth fishing last time I caught 3 pikerai rigs and several more prices of fishing line. Tell you the area was much cleaner when I left.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Yaker View Post
Hey ninja there is a garbage there for a reason( above outflow)maybe you and your fishing crew should try using it. It's a disgusting mess down there and hardly worth fishing last time I caught 3 pikerai rigs and several more prices of fishing line. Tell you the area was much cleaner when I left.
I must agree with you that like most popular fishing areas on the river, Hearmitage has it's share of garbage on the banks, and it is not fair to anyone to have to pick up someone else's garbage, and I thank you for doing that. But to accuse somebody of not picking up their garbage on the forum is not a good thing. I have personally fished with WaterNinja on many occasions, and never once did I see him fail to pick up his garbage, or clean up someone else's mess. So please make sure you know your facts, before you accuse somebody of doing wrong.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeeHaw View Post
I must agree with you that like most popular fishing areas on the river, Hearmitage has it's share of garbage on the banks, and it is not fair to anyone to have to pick up someone else's garbage, and I thank you for doing that. But to accuse somebody of not picking up their garbage on the forum is not a good thing. I have personally fished with WaterNinja on many occasions, and never once did I see him fail to pick up his garbage, or clean up someone else's mess. So please make sure you know your facts, before you accuse somebody of doing wrong.
X2 unfounded accusations aren't cool...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 04-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Yaker View Post
wow what a sucker punch from someone who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. i can tell you that last season herm was the cleanest spot around edm. and one of the reasons was the garbage bags that we regulars provided and constant litter patrol. its always a mess when the snow first melts but before long things will be cleaned up and hopefully stay clean. litter is my #1 pet peeve about fishing spots and one reason i never go to legends.
as a side note i'm beggining to wonder if tim hortons has opened a bait shop cause it seems most of the litter has their name on it.

Last edited by waterninja; 04-28-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Banned

My apologies wasn't supposed to come of as a direct "attack" on one person. Obviously people on this forum use the area much more than I do and it would be nice if people would stop treating the land as if" its not theirs who cares". We'd all have a lot more access to the NSR if this wasn't such a ongoing issue. Look how many fences we already at many access points along the river already.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:09 PM

It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everybody else. I know that this is the main reason why people do not want people accessing the mouth of the Sturgeon River. It is a sad reality that a lot of people do not give a rat's arse about the mess they leave behind. what bothers me is when I see a family go out fishing and leave their garbage behind, setting a great example for their children.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

For the record it was a horrible mess both times I went down last fall as well. Just cause i don't have 1000+posts doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Means I live the life of a outdoorsman.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:21 PM

I am curious if you look at the dates that people join the forum and then averaged out the posts. just because people have a thousand plus posts does not mean that they are armchair sportsman.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
just because people have a thousand plus posts does not mean that they are armchair sportsman.
I am

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM

We all know you are Jay
Old 04-28-2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I am curious if you look at the dates that people join the forum and then averaged out the posts. just because people have a thousand plus posts does not mean that they are armchair sportsman.
I agree....

IMHO post count really has nothing to do with how active/good an outdoorsmen someone is....for instance I have quite a few posts but I also get out to do many different activities that are "outdoors" related....be it shooting, archery, fishing, fly fishing, hiking, shed hunting.....etc.....

I just happen to have a fair bit of free time to get outdoors and also time to enjoy the forum.

LC
Old 04-28-2013, 04:39 PM

Some of us use this forum while bored at work.. for example me.. waiting 45 minutes for an unload.. drive 10 minutes... wait 45 mins to an hour for a reload.... gices us something to do.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
the pond is dead but if you park and walk 3 min. across the dog park to the outfall you can say hi to the crew fishing the nsr.
i often walk down but to my luck nobodys ever there lol
idk maybe one day i plan on doin a lil fishin there soon
Old 05-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

The ice is completely gone at Hermitage lake. There are loons on the water along with a host of other water birds. As I drove up, there was another fellow about to try his luck at the lake. I observed the birds and wondered about those loons. Why would they stick around a lake that has winter kill? Maybe there are fish that survived the winter ice? I did some casting practice with a brassie chironomid but no bites. I needed the practice anyway.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:17 PM

theres some wierd different minnows in the pond that may survive idk about trout last year some kid pulled a giant trout outta there that was clearly not stocked that year so who knows what survives im sure some fish can be around
Old 05-02-2013, 03:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscosta View Post
theres some wierd different minnows in the pond that may survive idk about trout last year some kid pulled a giant trout outta there that was clearly not stocked that year so who knows what survives im sure some fish can be around
those weird minnows are sticklebacks and they can destroy a trout lake quicker than perch.

i'm tempted to try herm pond this week just to see if any trout made it (didn't work last spring)
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I am
Jay, You got the Lazy boy mounted in the tinner yet ?

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim473 View Post
Jay, You got the Lazy boy mounted in the tinner yet ?
Thinking 'bout it...

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 05-02-2013, 09:15 AM

I get down there fairly often for walks. Probably take the little guy down there this year as it is in my area.