Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2019, 09:24 PM

Default How does the government work in Canada??

So maybe a dumb question but how does the government work in Canada??

We have a Federal election where we voted in a Federal Party.....But now the fate of Canada rests with a Separatist Provincial Government That is holding the reins of power in a Federal Minority Government???.

Am I missing something? When did we sell our Federal souls to Quebec? Something stinks in Canada.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:39 PM

It doesn't work, they just fly around trying to look important for photo ops, while spending our money
Old 11-16-2019, 09:43 PM

Think of the government as a criminal organization.
Only then will their actions make sense.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:55 PM

Something along these lines.

Myth Is Canada Overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dxm...ature=emb_logo
Old 11-16-2019, 10:00 PM
Banned

Im happy I have health care.

Im happy to have open borders

Im happy to vote for whom I chose.

Im happy to have a wife that developed PTSD and that there is a system to retrain her.

Im happy that we have good roads.

Im happy we have systems to help the dis advantaged.

Im happy I am free to get a job in whatever field I choose to.

Im happy there are no bombs in my reality

Im happy my kids are educated

Im happy im free to practice my way of believe

Overall in pretty ****ing happy to live in Canada.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage3006 View Post

Im happy to have a wife that developed PTSD and that there is a system to retrain her.

Sometimes it's easy to forget the little things. Still the best country in the world - liberals will just be temporary.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:19 PM
Banned

Another thing I still can’t get my had around, besides the constant blackmail of the country by a province which never signed into the country’s constitution ( no matter what party is in power ), is this:

You vote for the MP of your choosing. That MP is usually member of a political party. The chief of the party which gets most of the MPs elected gets to become the prime minister, even though nobody might have, potentially, voted for him. Then he gets to form the government. Government which takes then their orders from a potentially unelected directly prime minister.

So in the end the government works, but it doesn’t really function.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:

Then you should be the one most interested in keeping this country free...Just saying.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Then you should be the one most interested in keeping this country free...Just saying.
Thats pretty extreme to think we will lose everything i just said...

Also, many of those benefits are personally and gladly paid by my taxes.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:

>>>
Times 2 sir.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:40 PM

It works like this - BOHICA....bend over here it comes again.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:

Touche brother

I have lived and or worked in 17 different countries around the world and believe me I have not been in a place yet that I would trade for Canada, yes our electoral boundaries and seat allocation are skewed and need tweaking, the west needs recognition and a voice and we really need to watch and control our open the gate immigration policies, but overall Canada is still the best country in the world to live and raise a family IMO, now we just need a strong PM to lead us, OH well maybe in 2023 people will see the light

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:13 AM

Canada is kinda a weird one. If you actually read the 'Constitution', you'll see that the Privy Council or Governor in Council is what really controls Canada. They make recommendations to the Governor General, and those recommendations are followed by the Governor General. As long as the Governor General follows the recommendations of the Privy Council, he/she/it is exempt from liability. The liability falls on the Privy Council.

The Privy Council has no obligation to answer to parliament or the Senate. They look at these things passed by the Parliament and Senate and decide if they want to recommend or not. Traditionally, they have followed the will of parliament and the senate, but are under no obligation to do so with the exception of money bills.

If you watch Game of Thrones, where they have scenes showing the 'Small Council', and the King, that is very much what Canada's government is actually like.

Parliament and the elections are mostly to decide who represents the government to the people. Haven't you noticed that no matter who is elected, the government keeps going in the same general direction? Also, why do all members and employees of every level of government swear an oath to a foreign monarch claiming to be Queen of Canada? Could it be that no matter who is elected, they are carrying out her agenda? Could it be that she still actually owns Canada in a manner much like the feudal system? Why do government officials never swear an oath to the people they claim they serve, or why do they never swear an oath to the 'Constitution'? Why does Canada not have a 'Constitution' granted to them by the people, and instead have a 'constitution' passed as acts of a foreign parliament?

There are lots more questions to ask, by the further down the rabbit hole you go, the messier it gets.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:38 AM

Judging from the general responses to the question, it seems most members are quite happy to have their and their children's futures decided by a province which has no interest in being part of Canada....They talk about freedom but are quite willing to give up there nation to a none federal entity, Known as the BLOCK......a separatist, regional party....Strange indeed.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:00 AM

It is easier to picture Canadian politics like 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
You got your vote now shut up and live with it.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 11-17-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Judging from the general responses to the question, it seems most members are quite happy to have their and their children's futures decided by a province which has no interest in being part of Canada....They talk about freedom but are quite willing to give up there nation to a none federal entity, Known as the BLOCK......a separatist, regional party....Strange indeed.
You do something different. Please show the members you are referring to the correct way to fix our problems. I really want to hear this.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 11-17-2019, 10:52 AM

The fate of Canada doesn't rest in the Bloc's hands... The Bloc has very little power...

The fate of Canada rests in the Liberals hands who can work with either the Bloc, NDP or Conservatives depending on what they want to accomplish.

Now stop worrying and fear mongering about the lack of power Quebec separatists have...
Old 11-17-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
I've always believed a wall should be built around quebexico. Why can't all of Canada vote for their separation.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:34 PM

If you think our political situation is bad, you should move to one of the European countries, that much vaunted proportional Representation at work. Not much gets done and what is, is often counterproductive.

Grizz
Old 11-17-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
That seems extremely paranoid and senseless.

I don't believe we are going to convert to a communist or fascist regime - even under that twit we elected as PM......

Canada is the best country in the world. Take a step back and compare to any other country and get back to us with a comparison that underpins your comments.

I am happy to discuss the results with you.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:56 PM
AO Sponsor

I am fairly confident Jonathan Wilkinson will be sworn in to Minister of Environment or Minister of Climate Change (They are separating the two portfolios in the next Parliament). He was never on any of these political shows but now is almost the only minister the Liberals are sending to do these interviews, in my opinion, to heighten his profile for a large cabinet post, most likely environment with his history of being on boards of green environmental companies. This is BAD news for Alberta and Saskatchewan. He will be worse than Catherine McKenna by a mile, he was fisheries minister and seeing how he dealt with issues here in BC and listened to every single whim of the environmental groups like David Suzuki Foundation before the actual science his department gave him will only mean he will do the same in one of those two portfolios.
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 11-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
I've always believed a wall should be built around quebexico. Why can't all of Canada vote for their separation.
And fill it with water right to the top of the walls
Old 11-17-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
And fill it with water right to the top of the walls
No. It’s gotta be 8’ below the wall. They could jump out of it was filled to the top.
Old 11-17-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
The fate of Canada doesn't rest in the Bloc's hands... The Bloc has very little power...

The fate of Canada rests in the Liberals hands who can work with either the Bloc, NDP or Conservatives depending on what they want to accomplish.

Now stop worrying and fear mongering about the lack of power Quebec separatists have...
Not fear mongering but asking a question as to when in this country we decided a non FEDERAL party gets to decide how the country is run..

FYI.. CPAC, CBC, CTV and all the rest of the political pun-dents are the ones who are saying the block will have the voting power to swing the Liberals to whatever they want... My question was simple not a start a war just wonder when we lost Canada to a a Province.??
Old 11-17-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Not fear mongering but asking a question as to when in this country we decided a non FEDERAL party gets to decide how the country is run..

FYI.. CPAC, CBC, CTV and all the rest of the political pun-dents are the ones who are saying the block will have the voting power to swing the Liberals to whatever they want... My question was simple not a start a war just wonder when we lost Canada to a a Province.??
The Bloc is a federal party. By definition and under the law.

The issue I think you are trying to bring up, is why can a federal party like the Bloc represent only constituencies in only one province.

Yeah, that to me, seems like it add a level of complication we really don't need in our minority governments.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:29 PM

Why is the block a federal party?? they do not run candidates in any other province other then Quebec? So how are they a federal party?? IF so this country is really mixed up.
So then IF Alberta were to become a separatist province would we also be considered a Federal Party??? Just a thought.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Why is the block a federal party?? they do not run candidates in any other province other then Quebec? So how are they a federal party?? IF so this country is really mixed up.
So then IF Alberta were to become a separatist province would we also be considered a Federal Party??? Just a thought.
You mean like the old Reform and Alliance parties?

Why would a separatist party run at the provincial level? Are they trying to separate from Quebec? They run federally to have a say in federal matters...

The bloc has no power worth worrying about. They can’t pass any laws they want, they can only support the opposition that closest agrees with their point of view.

Without the bloc party the liberals would have got a majority and we would have been worse off then we are now...
Old 11-18-2019, 07:15 AM

Bloc stole all NDP seats. Rural Quebec, Quebec City dislike Justin Trudeau. The Tree Syrup farmers are similar to Albertans. Except they like French language, hunting, quads, sledding etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
You mean like the old Reform and Alliance parties?

Why would a separatist party run at the provincial level? Are they trying to separate from Quebec? They run federally to have a say in federal matters...

The bloc has no power worth worrying about. They can’t pass any laws they want, they can only support the opposition that closest agrees with their point of view.

Without the bloc party the liberals would have got a majority and we would have been worse off then we are now...
Old 11-18-2019, 08:38 AM

Funny, everyone thinks the bloc is the bad guy for holding Canada hostage on one hand , yet on the other hand many here want the exact same thing for western Canada. Join the"wexit" movement? So that we can be just like Quebec? Interesting.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:03 AM
AO Sponsor

I too agree that we live in an extremely safe and relatively free country and I am grateful for it, but that doesn't mean we can't do better...

I don't really buy into the mindset that because it is worse in other places we should just sit back and be happy with what we got and not try to improve the negatives. I also believe it is not wise of us to want to pass off too much personal control and responsibility to government, especially when the government is only acting in their own best interests and is only ever going to cater to the people who keep them in a job rather than what is right for the moment.

If we all grow complacent we will keep losing our liberties and self determination. Sometimes it takes at least the threat of extreme action (talk of separation and actions lessening federal control) to get any concessions. I do not want our country to break apart at all, but I absolutely do not want things to carry on as they are so we must explore what avenues are available to us as a means to get a fair deal. I am okay with that.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23