Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2019, 08:11 PM

Close race for second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2019, 08:14 PM

Most likely coyotes and nucks will leap frog ahead considering some teams have 3 games at hand over them. Good for them. It’s been awhile.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
6-2 was the final. No other explanations needed.That is all.
Fixed it for you.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-27-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Hey you guys are 2 points ahead of last years pace!!!!

Oh wait.. I forgot how that ended up for you.. Never mind.

As for James Neal.. Kinda wondering if you guys can put this in the same category of planning the parade in October...
2 points in last 4 games and is -3. His ice time is dropping as well.

Lucic though is doing what he does and is a fan favourite night in and night out. He is what he is and he is effective at it. Love his try level this year. Somethings a bit to much. I swear I saw him pull 1.5 min shift the other night.

Good luck to you guys this year. It would be fantastic to see you make it through a year with out throwing a coach under the bus or watching Jerseys being thrown on the ice.
If you were yapping as a fan of a much superior club this would make sense. Your club is just the other dumpster fire Alberta has. No different. Except you dont have the best center/winger tandem in the NHL to watch. Meh....
Old 10-27-2019, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Probably a coach that’s asks the tender “you good to go?” And the tender says yes... oh well
So SMITH took a point blank howitzer to the PILLS and Coach asks him if he's OK to go?? Of course SMITH says yes.. BUT we all know the MAIN brain of a man is just above his pills (ask any lady) Smith's pills in shock had to affect his decision to play
Old 10-27-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
If you were yapping as a fan of a much superior club this would make sense. Your club is just the other dumpster fire Alberta has. No different. Except you dont have the best center/winger tandem in the NHL to watch. Meh....
Old 10-27-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:

As for James Neal.. Kinda wondering if you guys can put this in the same category of planning the parade in October...

Lucic though is doing what he does and is a fan favourite night in and night out. He is what he is and he is effective at it. Love his try level this year. Somethings a bit to much. I swear I saw him pull 1.5 min shift the other night.

Good luck to you guys this year. It would be fantastic to see you make it through a year with out throwing a coach under the bus or watching Jerseys being thrown on the ice.
I personally like most have got more entertainment out of watching him so far, over all season of Neal last year drag his carcass around the ice, sniveling about not being on the top line. And produced NOTHING. So I have no problems with Loooch..
Old 10-27-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
So SMITH took a point blank howitzer to the PILLS and Coach asks him if he's OK to go?? Of course SMITH says yes.. BUT we all know the MAIN brain of a man is just above his pills (ask any lady) Smith's pills in shock had to affect his decision to play
Can make excuses for him all you like, Smith just played a classic Smith game. Well 2 periods, with 3 goals in a matter of minutes. If he was hurt and they left him in there, whoever made that decision is a moron.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Banned

Default Soilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Can make excuses for him all you like, Smith just played a classic Smith game. Well 2 periods, with 3 goals in a matter of minutes. If he was hurt and they left him in there, whoever made that decision is a moron.
This sums up the skills of the Soiler management group
Old 10-27-2019, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
It makes PERFECT sense. it's exactly what you guys did last year then you dropped like a stone and ended up crying after US Thanksgiving. Everyone here was beating their chests and then BOOM.. Season over and you hadn't even hit Christmas.

Show up in the post season and then you can start talking. Remember, your Dynamic duo had 221 combined points. all that did was cost you a chance at yet another number one.

As for my team.. I am concerned but know we have the horses make the spring. We will hold off planning the parade route and knighting our own Dynamic duo until they can make a bit of a run. But hey, if you guys want to stand around screaming like a bunch of 12 year old girls at a New Kids on the block concert... Help yourself...
Old 10-27-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Boy that gotta to be a ton of lipstick you just put on that pig. It you be fun to bring up all last years Shames fans comments about Lucic and how the saddle dome would burn if Calgary ever traded for him. Carry on.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:18 PM

Haven't watched hardly any Flames, 0 Oilers, but been kinda hearing the really good start Edmonton is having. Check the standings, Oil are only up 3 points on the Flames, was surprised. Hope they both make the spring dance!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 10-27-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:

I thought Calgary’s radio announcer was their chief apologist but you take the cake. But hey! Your a good flames fan I will give you that.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:14 PM

Quote:

Show up in the post season and then you can start talking.
Permission to use this for my signature line?
Old 10-27-2019, 11:23 PM

Just a trial to see how it looks.

“Show up in the post season and then you can talk!”
(Jamie referring to 2018/19 on how flames “showed up”)
Old 10-27-2019, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Looks good
Old 10-28-2019, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post

Absolutely. Only top teams make the playoffs these days.
You guys should try it some time.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
It makes PERFECT sense. it's exactly what you guys did last year then you dropped like a stone and ended up crying after US Thanksgiving. Everyone here was beating their chests and then BOOM.. Season over and you hadn't even hit Christmas.

Show up in the post season and then you can start talking. Remember, your Dynamic duo had 221 combined points. all that did was cost you a chance at yet another number one.

As for my team.. I am concerned but know we have the horses make the spring. We will hold off planning the parade route and knighting our own Dynamic duo until they can make a bit of a run. But hey, if you guys want to stand around screaming like a bunch of 12 year old girls at a New Kids on the block concert... Help yourself...
I haven’t been screaming. My fellow oilers fans here keep accusing me of being a glass is half empty kind of guy. But I’m not. I’m a realist. We can’t sustain this. Having the entire club riding on Connor’s and Leon’s shoulders for 82 games is unrealistic. Need bottom 6 scoring bad.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I haven’t been screaming. My fellow oilers fans here keep accusing me of being a glass is half empty kind of guy. But I’m not. I’m a realist. We can’t sustain this. Having the entire club riding on Connor’s and Leon’s shoulders for 82 games is unrealistic. Need bottom 6 scoring bad.
Agreed.

*Shooting percentage has been incredible - this will regress
*Save percentage (was) in top 10 - with Koskinen and Smith, did you expect this?
*Top PP% in league - maybe
*5th ranked PK% in league - stands out after being bottom feeders for years

I agree with the need for balanced scoring. Top line is getting way too much ice time. Need others to step up. Neal has been a standout but the bottom six has to produce if we want to stick around in the top 8 in the conference.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:01 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Picked a few oilers for this weeks hockey pool as I think there is going to be a flood of goals from the one who walks on water and the kraut!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Banned

Here is some good news for you Flames haters...

The Calgary Flames have placed forward Tobias Rieder on waivers for the purpose of assignment.
And with that, the Flames have been eliminated from 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff contention, falling just 11-13 goals short.

Thats a repost from the Complete Hockey News. I cant take credit for such a bang on story.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:

The Calgary Flames have placed forward Tobias Rieder on waivers for the purpose of assignment.
And with that, the Flames have been eliminated from 2020 Stanley Cup Playoff contention, falling just 11-13 goals short.

Thats a repost from the Complete Hockey News. I cant take credit for such a bang on story.
Meh, playoffs for the flames only means 2 extra games at home anyways. Not a big loss of revenue.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:55 PM
Banned

Default Soilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Meh, playoffs for the flames only means 2 extra games at home anyways. Not a big loss of revenue.
Meanwhile, the Soilers enter the Draft Lottery for the 13th time in the last 14 years
Old 10-28-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:

Now if they can just rid themselves of Talbot and Looch they May have a chance. I like how the flames fans are happy with how looch “ try’s so hard “ so your happy paying that salary cause he “ try’s “. Even in Flames gear it’s painful to watch him “ try “ to get around the rink. Crazy he could fall so far so fast.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Show up in the post season, get beat like a rented mule for the umpteenth time,, and then you can start talking.

Helped you out a little
Old 10-28-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Moose View Post
Meanwhile, the Soilers enter the Draft Lottery for the 13th time in the last 14 years
Why come here and waste your in depth hockey knowledge and insight on us minions. We are not worthy of such brilliance. Shouldn't you be coaching professionally or curing cancer? What a waste!
Old 10-28-2019, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why come here and waste your in depth hockey knowledge and insight on us minions. We are not worthy of such brilliance. Shouldn't you be coaching professionally or curing cancer? What a waste!
Hey accurately predicting the future doesn't necessarily make you a professional coach or a medical research scientist. C'mon man.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:20 PM
Banned

Relax Oil Country...last year the Oilers went 8-4-2 and Coach McLellan got FIRED
Old 10-28-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Hey accurately predicting the future doesn't necessarily make you a professional coach or a medical research scientist. C'mon man.
Why am I not surprised you are a DM fan.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why am I not surprised you are a DM fan.
Why am I not surprised that you haven't figured out that I'm not a fan of anybody?