Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-18-2024, 08:17 AM

Default Yeah I think it’s time for a break from this place

Well boys and girls I think it’s time to take a break from AO

I originally joined this forum because of my interests in hunting and fishing. I have met a few good people from this forum in the process. Unfortunately at this time I don’t see this as an outdoors forum anymore

I will likely get bored and check to see if things improve as the season gets going but right now time is best spent elsewhere

Don’t worry I already expect the post with the don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude.

This is for those who choose to PM me with questions and wonder why I am not responding nothing else
Old 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM

just a suggestion

set a time twice a week to visit

stay off a forum that gives you grief or brings you down and visit that area less

hang in there buddy or just hang around with different folks, either way take care
Old 04-18-2024, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post

I originally joined this forum because of my interests in hunting and fishing. I have met a few good people from this forum in the process. Unfortunately at this time I don’t see this as an outdoors forum anymore

I will likely get bored and check to see if things improve as the season gets going but right now time is best spent elsewhere

Don’t worry I already expect the post with the don’t let the door hit you on the way out attitude.

This is for those who choose to PM me with questions and wonder why I am not responding nothing else
I don't blame you Smoky. Just make sure to come back for your whitetail threads - I absolutely love those and get more out of them than any other posts on here!

j
Old 04-18-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Agree 100 percent, Politics and Religion. 2 subjects that cause stress to all that spew it. And all threads seem to end up there. So sad. Can you imagine sitting around hunting camp or fishing camp and have this bunk discussed incessantly? Makes you want to slit your own throat.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:23 AM

I don't understand the point of these posts.
Do you want us to beg you to reconsider?
Old 04-18-2024, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I don't understand the point of these posts.
Do you want us to beg you to reconsider?
I highly doubt this is what he was shooting for….these kind of responses are what makes this place look bad…can’t a fella just wanna say I’m backing out for a bit without this ridiculous type of comments…come on now!!!
Sad..just sad!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-18-2024, 09:47 AM

I left for a few years. Came back but don't post near as much anymore. Might take a break for the summer. We'll see.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:

Instead of leaving us why not start a thread about something you are interested in?
Old 04-18-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty50 View Post
Agree 100 percent, Politics and Religion. 2 subjects that cause stress to all that spew it. And all threads seem to end up there. So sad. Can you imagine sitting around hunting camp or fishing camp and have this bunk discussed incessantly? Makes you want to slit your own throat.
Are you suggesting that because you dont want to talk about politics or religion that nobody else should either?
Or is it because you dont agree with what is being said?
Start a new thread would be my suggestion.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:59 AM

I tried it once but some of the discussions are addictive. As Shwartzy would say, You'll be Baaaack. Enjoyed your posts
Old 04-18-2024, 10:14 AM

You guys wonder why there are members sick and tired of this nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Are you suggesting that because you dont want to talk about politics or religion that nobody else should either?

From """""""The Message board "RULES" sticky """"""" http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10691

Any topics/posts or discussion that includes race, ethnic groups, religion or sexual orientation are NOT acceptable and can result in a loss of message board privileges not excluding permanently. This is NOT the forum for such discussions.

This rule obviously isn't being enforced on this forum.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:15 AM

I blame the moderators. Bunch of Nazi censors.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-18-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I blame the moderators. Bunch of Nazi censors.
Absolutely they should have their own moderator ...
Old 04-18-2024, 10:47 AM

Oh common buddy! Where else would you find such a great daily entertainment! That is better, way better than Saturday night live!
And you know what’s the best part of it? - you don’t have to open the threads that you don’t want to read!
And if you have some other things to do- then great! Go do these things, enjoy the life, and when you have a quiet time or a rainy day- come back for a visit!
Old 04-18-2024, 10:50 AM

Enjoy your time away Smoky. See you when you return.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Instead of leaving us why not start a thread about something you are interested in?
^^ this right here^^ our interests are always evolving. Fishing hunting and other stuff.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
^^ this right here^^ our interests are always evolving. Fishing hunting and other stuff.
Haha. Funny. Because he did start numerous threads in the hunting and fishing sections of the forum.

Take care, Smoky.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:32 AM

Over 65 of your last 100 posts are in the general forum discussing non outdoors issues. Are you not complaining about an issue you readily participate in? Simple solution for all those who think the forum focuses too much on politics and non outdoors issues, stay away from the general forum and post about hunting and fishing and outdoors related issues.

We have 6 other sub forums to choose from but the politics in the genera is where the regulars spend 90% of their time and then complain that it dominates the forum

Last edited by jungleboy; 04-18-2024 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Over 65 of your last 100 posts are in the general forum discussing non outdoors issues. Are you not complaining about an issue you readily participate in? Simple solution for all those who think the forum focuses too much on politics and non outdoors issues, stay away from the general forum and post about hunting and fishing and outdoors related issues.

We have 6 other sub forums to choose from but the politics in the genera is where the regulars spend 9% of their time and then complain that it dominates the forum
9% of their time! The nerve! Lol.

Yes, JB is also on point.

Edit: Also, just noticed, I thought you retired from the mod duties? I even said you did a good job and whatnot?
Old 04-18-2024, 11:36 AM

^
Old 04-18-2024, 11:39 AM

Just make a free-for-all politics sub-forum and the forum will balance itself.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
Just make a free-for-all politics sub-forum and the forum will balance itself.
Or get rid of political discussion altogether
Old 04-18-2024, 11:51 AM

Quote:
The mods don't want talk about religion here or the atheist police come fast!
Old 04-18-2024, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
The mods don't want talk about religion here or the atheist police come fast!
The mods don’t want talk about religion because it says right in the rules that it is not welcome here. The reason is because most can’t discuss it without it degrading into a gong show.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I used to be opposed to that. Now not really sure why. After a post or two, it usually turns into the same go around with the same participants. Meh.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:03 PM

Quote:
My own thoughts, I think the user-base would decline furher.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:14 PM

Wow did I make a mistake getting bored reading this

So just to make things clear

First Dewey read the last line in my post that was the point not looking for anyone to beg me to stay

Twisted Canuck no crap given regarding mods not my show. I have said many many times owners/mods can manage this place as they please. Everyone has a choice to post here or not there is no obligations

Jungle boy you nailed exactly why I decided to take a break. I realized I was wasting my time with useless toxic crap instead of exchanging with other outdoorsmen regarding hunting & fishing. It’s realizing that it’s not a positive use of my time. But I realize you were trying to dig at me not realizing this

But yeah I can see my choice was wise but my choice to lurk for a min was not

Now hopefully that clears up some of the drama speculations. Signing out and I can tell reading this forum for a minute is not a good idea
Old 04-18-2024, 12:19 PM

I thought you left.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:30 PM

It's like a bag of jalapeno chips you can't just have one, you keep going back.
Old 04-18-2024, 12:30 PM

Sometimes there is a compulsion to comment. Someone asks "whats the best"....or "thinking of buying a Remington 710" and guys throw their comments out

That's why social media affects people, some to the point of blowing their brains out.

Political stuff gets heated. Highly unlikely arguing on the internet will change anyone's opinions, but some will try like it actually means something.

The debates on politics and religion are endless. Consider them entertainment as NONE OF IT will ever result in change. Never.

And if you post a pic of something, EXPECT someone to criticize it. Post it anyway.

If we all said "awesome" to every idea, picture and opinion on here we might as well wear flip flops, baggy shirts and shuffle along with our hands clasped behind our backs....