Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-03-2011, 08:34 AM

Default Screwed Over Part 2

..Had a trip for a couple of days with a buddy to my elk play for today and tuesday, got the call last night that the um friend now can't go and bailed, thing is he said he knew it Friday night and waited till Sunday night to let me know, boy, it's hard to count on people these days even a so called friend!!!..

Seems like a guy just has to go out mono o mono with the game!!

If anybody has Tuesday and Wednesday off and wants to get out, staying at a motel Tuesday night, if your interested I'm leaving tomorrow A.M.

Spot is less than 2 hours away!

Cheers

HW
Old 10-03-2011, 08:37 AM

where are you located
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 10-03-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenwalleye View Post
..Had a trip for a couple of days with a buddy to my elk play for today and tuesday, got the call last night that the um friend now can't go and bailed, thing is he said he knew it Friday night and waited till Sunday night to let me know, boy, it's hard to count on people these days even a so called friend!!!..

Seems like a guy just has to go out mono o mono with the game!!

If anybody has Tuesday and Wednesday off and wants to get out, staying at a motel Tuesday night, if your interested I'm leaving tomorrow A.M.

Spot is less than 2 hours away!

Cheers

HW
That is exactly why I hunt alone,I can always count on me to where I want to be when I want to be there.I hate that feeling when someone backs out.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 AM

I plan my hunts for the gear that I myself possess. My friends can come but I don't set it up so that things are ruined if they bail at the last minute.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Default Location Location

Edmonton
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 PM

Are you sure a workmate of yours didn't text your friend about looking forward to a good brokeback hunting expedition? LOL
Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Default All Packed Up

Seems like there lot's of guys on this forum who watched the Brokeback Mountain Movie!!......

Gear all packed, can't wait to get out to that sweet area and bust me a bull!!!..Wishing you all a Happy ThanksGiving!!

Cheers

HW
Old 10-03-2011, 03:23 PM

for me i like to ask a few people from my group of friends to come, that way if one or 2 decide not to show or they have other stuff came up. no biggie but don't tend to rely on them for setting up stuff , cause like the saying goes if you want something done right do it yourself.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:26 PM

Default Excellent Point Fishtank

..Great point!!!...I'm actually excited about doing the trip myself , I always get the biggest animals in my group and with 20 years of hunting experience I certainly know how to hunt and won't have to just go with the flow, You get to hunt your own way and with a quad ready to help out getting your game out will be a breeze!!..

And to the guy who stiffed me, well

Cheers
HW
Old 10-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenwalleye View Post
..Great point!!!...I'm actually excited about doing the trip myself , I always get the biggest animals in my group and with 20 years of hunting experience I certainly know how to hunt and won't have to just go with the flow, You get to hunt your own way and with a quad ready to help out getting your game out will be a breeze!!..

And to the guy who stiffed me, well

Cheers
HW
Stiffed and brokeback mountain shouldnt be used in the same sentence cause they have both been used in this thread
Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Default Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
That is exactly why I hunt alone,I can always count on me to where I want to be when I want to be there.I hate that feeling when someone backs out.
what if hank pulles a no-show??/ then what???