Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 AM

Default wexit

Do we have it good already,.....sure. Safe, secure, and making a living.
BUT, what we are seeing now is the old proverbial "taxation without representation". The east sees fit to rape and plunder the west, while continuing on with agendas that don't work for us!
Our taxation is bordering on half of our earnings (Not an exaggeration: after ten years of self employment, the wife and I finally decided to start paying ourselves. Our bonus checks were reduced by 54% after deductions. I know this is not typical, but before everyone jumps on me about exaggerating, this was an actual case) and going towards programs that show a total disregard for the hardworking sectors of the whole country.
We need to face the facts that the beliefs and agendas between the east and west of this country have become totally different. With unemployment in this province hitting unprecedented figures, the eastern concerns are focused on climate change and gender issues! And even with all the hardships we are facing, they are more than happy to continue letting us pay for their agendas.
Enough is enough. The two regions do not see eye to eye and it is time to go our seperate ways.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:39 AM

When we compare Canada to other countries yes we have it pretty good. But
Just because someone else has it worse does not mean you should settle

I tell my kids you won’t achieve greatness by comparing yourself self to others you need to strive to be the best you can be
Old 11-18-2019, 11:51 AM

We do have it pretty good, but where else do people work 60, 70, 80 hours per week so that a large portion of the revenue they generate can be sent away to support the social programs of people who despise them? Until Alberta’s budget is balanced, we shouldn’t be financially supporting Quebec.

Gerry Burnie
Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 PM

Our federal leader is a sanctimonious wanker
Our civil service is bloated and ineffective
Our taxation system is bizarre
Our foreign policy is more than bizarre

Everytime I come home from any other country in the world (and yes that includes the one directly to the south) I want to get down on my knees and kiss the ground and say a quick prayer of thanks to my parents that they decided to move to Canada.
Lots about this place sucks - every where else sucks WAY worse
Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Why is the block a federal party?? they do not run candidates in any other province other then Quebec? So how are they a federal party?? IF so this country is really mixed up.
So then IF Alberta were to become a separatist province would we also be considered a Federal Party??? Just a thought.
Let me try and explain it ...

Like I said, the Bloc is a federal party period, it's not a debate, it's fact. By definition, any party that registers in a federal election, and puts candidates up for election, by definition is a federal party - there's zero point in debating reality here.

They are not required to put candidates in every riding, the elections law does not require that. They don't bother to, because why would they put money into a Bloc candidate up for election in Sask or Alberta, it would be like a snow ball surviving the fires of hell. They want a say in federal issues.

Keep in mind, the Bloc are focused on issues that effect Quebec primarily, and some of these issues are federally legislated so that's why they put candidates into a federal election to represent their parties platform on federal issues which are legislated under federal jurisdiction.

As opposed provincially, where parties, who put their candidates into the race to represent their platforms in provincial elections to effect provincial legislation.

There is a distinction between what the feds are in control of, versus what the provinces control.

There is little or no cross over in the sense of jurisdiction or scope of jurisdiction although the feds will set a standard in many cases, like health care, that the provinces are required to meet but the feds don't have a say in how we meet that obligation, administer it or fund additional programs over and above federal minimum standards.

Just because we don't like it - it is what it is.

Hope that explains it.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 PM

So because the Federal governments have been so forward thinking that they have decide the fate of Canadians by having Quebec and Ontario control the majority of the seats... forever.....and Quebec by definition controls the most power when they elect a separatist government (therefore having control over the Federal government, because they want to keep control of the ROC). Seems like a fair deal to me....

We pay our betters, so they may lord over us....seems very mid medieval.

As fore things are just fine in sock land....I am sure 64 Chevy's were fine automobiles in there day but things can and do improve over time. To accept the status quo is not always what is best....
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:04 AM
Gone Hunting

The way I see it, Canada is a great country, but a country headed for failure.

And I don't see it as an east versus west issue. Or Quebec versus the rest of the country.
I see it as a greedy political elite versus average Canadians.

Average folks everywhere have the same interests and goal in life but politicians play one area against another to further their own interests.

Our political system is roughly based on the British system which was conceived as the system most likely to be effective and one with checks and balances on politicians.
Over the years crooked politicians have manipulated our system bit by bit to where it favors their selfish self interests, and pits one area against the rest to keep us all off balance so we don't see the real problem.

The only way to fix the problem is to start over from scratch. Anything else will be manipulated by politicians to keep the status quo.

The USA tried a different democratic system but wound up with the same problem.
All the fuss down there now is the political elite trying to drive out an outsider, (not part of the political elite)
There have been far worse Presidents, and not a word from the elites. You have to ask why.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-22-2019, 11:14 PM

Read this!

https://www.amazon.ca/Teardown-Rebui...4489614&sr=8-1

I don't agree with all his solutions, but he is definitely asking the right questions.

Vic
Old 11-23-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jednastka View Post
Read this!

https://www.amazon.ca/Teardown-Rebui...4489614&sr=8-1

I don't agree with all his solutions, but he is definitely asking the right questions.

Vic

you would very much like this TED talks clip as well. democracy as we are in now has been hijacked for the greed of a few.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJy8vTu66tE
more suggested clips will be shown in a column to the right of the viewing window, some worth watching and others may not be to your personal tastes. all of the TED talks clips are presented by very creative and intuitive people, both right and left wing. watch both and educate yourselves.