Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Banned

Default Encountered another hunter in "my" spot

So yesterday morning after the alarm fiasco, we drive out to my honey hole. Park just off the hiway and walk just over a mile in on the lease road. The side of the lease is where my wife got us busted by the monster bull wednsday night. So we get to the end of the road, and Im startled to see 2 hunters walking out of the lease towards us 50 yds away. A few more steps and I see their truck/camper parked right where we were sitting when we got busted......right on top of a rut pit lol.

So we walk up to each other and say our good mornings. I told him about our experiences in there, and then told him we would back out and give him and his son the spot. He insisted we go hunt the line we were headed for and they would go more west. All 4 of us walked away smiling after a pleasant encounter. Later that day we bumped into them at their camp and had a good chat. They offered to leave my line to me, and I offered them room in my cooler if they knocked one down and help getting him out. Nice guys.

We all bitch and whine about the arseholes we encounter, figgered Id share a pleasant one.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 AM

It's very refreshing to see a positive thread for once.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Default Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
It's very refreshing to see a positive thread for once.

Andy
X2
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Thanks for posting!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:36 AM

I had a similar experience in elk camp a few weeks ago.

We just set up camp only have a guy and his son come through on quads. We were at the end of a lease road that then narrowed into a quad trail they were using it to quad into their spot.

We had a good chat and made a game plan for which areas we would each head so as not to bump eachother around or get in each others way. The plan worked and those boys stopped each time going through our camp and we would check progress with eachother daily.

Was good to meet a couple nice guys and work together...not everything is a competition.

i shot my bull on the rifle opener and buggered off in a hurry to get him in a cooler....i hope those guys tagged out too
Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 PM

Great post! I had a similar positive experience with other hunters yesterday while moose hunting. Really makes for a better hunting experience when everyone gets along. It's not that hard to be polite and nice to fellow hunters. Hope we can all take something from this. Thanks for posting!