Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
David Suzuki, what some guys will do when their ratings are slipping!

Oh by the way, did anyone see David Suzuki volunteering to help out the flood victims, or maybe make a large CASH DONATION for the people affected by the flooding?

You would think he would do that, right?

After all saving your fellow man should be first before saving the planet.

Drewski
Lol , no way, he is sooo cheap. He ate at our local restaurant, servers said he as lousy tipper.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:24 AM

The man is an idiot just like his buddy sparkle socks
Old 11-23-2021, 08:38 AM

Default Peas in a pod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
The man is an idiot just like his buddy sparkle socks
Old 11-23-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Last I heard, encouraging acts of terrorism was still illegal in Canada?

"A renowned environmental activist has a stern warning to politicians and global leaders if they fail to act on climate change.

“There are going to be pipelines blowing up if our leaders don’t pay attention to what’s going on,” David Suzuki told CHEK News..."

https://www.cheknews.ca/david-suzuki...change-915197/
Authoritarian in disguise.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:38 PM

Sort of on topic/off topic... Biden is releasing 50, million barrels of oil from reserves to stabalise costs stateside on the day that TC announced their NAFTA rules lawsuit for $15 billion.

Didn't want to start a new thread
Old 11-23-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
Sort of on topic/off topic... Biden is releasing 50, million barrels of oil from reserves to stabalise costs stateside on the day that TC announced their NAFTA rules lawsuit for $15 billion.

Didn't want to start a new thread
The investors that support energy security will get their money back from Biden’s screw up when he cancelled Keystone.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:18 PM

He's the reason I stopped contributions to the UBC alumni fund.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:11 PM

This just in......

https://globalnews.ca/video/8397369/...tical-violence
Old 11-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Banned

Arrow

More than a few reactions to Suzuki's words:

David Suzuki Foundation disavows Suzuki's warning that 'pipelines will be blown up' if there is no climate change action

https://nationalpost.com/news/david-...-change-action

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney blasts David Suzuki, says his comments on pipelines are ‘inciting people to political violence’

https://globalnews.ca/video/8397369/...tical-violence

Extinction Rebellion defends David Suzuki's pipeline comments

The group insists that Suzuki's comments were not controversial, and are indicative of what is to come if the climate crisis is not addressed

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...eline-comments
Old 11-25-2021, 10:56 AM

Well Who Could have Guessed it!!! Mother Nature has shut down the Pipeline to the lower mainland of BC.

No need to blow up the Pipeline after all!!!

For any and all complaints of the lack of Gasoline and Diesel in the Vancouver area, PLEASE DIRECT ALL COMPLAINTS TO DAVID SUZUKI for resolution.

After all, he must have a solution to the problems being encountered now that he has the result that he wanted!!!

AS for the Engineers at Trans Mountain, please make VERY SURE that the Pipeline is safe before re starting any and all deliveries,

No Matter How Long It Takes!!!!

Drewski
Old 11-25-2021, 11:02 AM

Default Giving old men a bad name

David, you're giving all of us a bad name. Time to stop. Encouraging violence is never a solution to any problem.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:47 AM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
... No Matter How Long It Takes!!!!
Wishing misfortune or ill towards those already suffering is conduct unbecoming IMO.

Nog
Old 11-25-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Well Who Could have Guessed it!!! Mother Nature has shut down the Pipeline to the lower mainland of BC.

No need to blow up the Pipeline after all!!!

For any and all complaints of the lack of Gasoline and Diesel in the Vancouver area, PLEASE DIRECT ALL COMPLAINTS TO DAVID SUZUKI for resolution.

After all, he must have a solution to the problems being encountered now that he has the result that he wanted!!!

AS for the Engineers at Trans Mountain, please make VERY SURE that the Pipeline is safe before re starting any and all deliveries,

No Matter How Long It Takes!!!!

Drewski
Quote:
Wishing misfortune or ill towards those already suffering is conduct unbecoming IMO.

Nog
^Nog, I read the above high-lighted passage as Drew was commenting the pipeline should be safe to operate (ie: no ruptures) prior to activating it. If pipe was exposed, it needs to be fully checked and brought up to pressure to ensure there's no leaks to contaminate ground / ground water....

And if this action requires the pipeline to be shuttered in for an extended period of time to ensure that it's safe to operate, that's a far better thing for all involved, no? Wouldn't want to give Suzuki more ammo for an upcoming future spill if we just get in a rush to operate a pipeline again.

As for the lack of petroleum products being available in the lower mainland, they will just have to wait until it's safe to get them there once again. And of course, gougers will be gougers and raise the price (even further than it already is)

J.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:

Nog
Might be a good time for those down there that wish it towards Alberta's energy sector look in the mirror then....
Old 11-25-2021, 12:55 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrayford View Post
^Nog, I read the above high-lighted passage as Drew was commenting the pipeline should be safe to operate (ie: no ruptures) prior to activating it.
Bull****. He was gloating on the fact that the pipeline is shut down, and hoping that gets extended. In no way does he indicate what you are suggesting. Simply your interpretation of the matter.

Mine differs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
Might be a good time for those down there that wish it towards Alberta's energy sector look in the mirror then....
While I rather strongly agree with that assessment, and do support it, that doesn't mean anyone should be wishing discomfort nor suffering on anyone else out of spite. Just MHO.

Nog
Old 11-25-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Bull****. He was gloating on the fact that the pipeline is shut down, and hoping that gets extended. In no way does he indicate what you are suggesting. Simply your interpretation of the matter.

Mine differs.

While I rather strongly agree with that assessment, and do support it, that doesn't mean anyone should be wishing discomfort nor suffering on anyone else out of spite. Just MHO.

Nog
Don't cuss out a fellow member because his opinion or interpretation is different than yours. He stated his view. Your response sounds like a tried and true liberal.

Test the pipeline, pressure it up, make sure it is safe and secure and if that takes time then so be it. Better safe in all of this then have another catastrophe to clean up.

BW
Old 11-25-2021, 01:41 PM
Banned

Silly question but:

Who Cares What David Suzuki thinks or says? To me, he is as relevant as a horse and buggy. lol

Old 11-25-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North40Rules View Post
Silly question but:

Who Cares What David Suzuki thinks or says? To me, he is as relevant as a horse and buggy. lol

Agreed, except the horse and buggy was more relevant to the progression of our world the DS ever was!

BW
Old 11-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Banned

True that! lol
Old 11-25-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:

Nog
Gee,

funny how what goes around comes around.

Now if BC could change its tune to Alberta now that it sees how handy it is to have a secure energy supply, I would be more than happy to be more "becoming" to BC.

Until then, it is important to point out BC's hypocrisy at every opportunity. That is the only language that they may understand.

As for those who are suffering, perhaps they can now lobby their Provincial Government to change the official message on Alberta's Energy Industry, now that they see how important a secure energy supply is.

Albertans did not see ANY push back over the Trans Mountain Pipeline Fiasco from BC Residents to their Governments obstructionist and hypocritical policies.

Drewski
Old 11-25-2021, 02:24 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
funny how what goes around comes around.

Now if BC could change its tune to Alberta now that it sees how handy it is to have a secure energy supply, I would be more than happy to be more "becoming" to BC.

Until then, it is important to point out BC's hypocrisy at every opportunity. That is the only language that they may understand.

As for those who are suffering, perhaps they can now lobby their Provincial Government to change the official message on Alberta's Energy Industry, now that they see how important a secure energy supply is.
Many Thanks for confirming EXACTLY what I suggested above.

Conduct Unbecoming Indeed!

Nog
Old 11-25-2021, 02:37 PM

So Iron Noggin,

I take it you took no opposition to your Provincial Government's policies towards Alberta and our Energy Industry?

It is REALLY HARD to feel sorry for a Province which has punished Alberta's Energy Industry so badly with its failure to support the pipelines we need to sell our product on the Global Market so that Alberta can get a fair price for its products. The sale of our energy products gives money so Alberta can pay taxes to Canada, which is a benefit to you, of course. The Alberta Oil Industry also allows so many BC Citizens to come and work in Alberta, and take the money home to BC.

I will gladly revel in my unbecoming conduct. As for yourself, I am assuming you do not miss Alberta's oil and gas about now, right?

So don't worry about my conduct. Worry about the fact that BC really has to recognize how beneficial good relations with Alberta are to BC.

Drewski
Old 11-25-2021, 02:50 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
So Iron Noggin,

I take it you took no opposition to your Provincial Government's policies towards Alberta and our Energy Industry?
You know absolutely nothing about me, yet choose to try & label me?
Speaks volumes about you Sir.

FYI: I adamantly opposed the BC government's stance and policies towards Alberta, and always have. I campaigned here against those, going so far as to offer financial and on the ground support for our alternative party candidate in our last election, who's party voiced concern and opposition against that position. As did a great many in this province. Unfortunately the bribing of those you should be focusing your angst upon carried the day, and common sense lost. Much like what occurred in the subsequent federal election.

You "revel" all you want. Again, that is simply a reflection of your character, or perhaps in this case a lack thereof.

I personally have no skin in the game, but having lived and worked in Alberta for quite the spell, feel beholden to back her up when required. And I very much do by putting both my money and my mouth where I can in the hopes it will count.

In closing , get off your damn high horse here.
There are indeed folks here you should be focusing your angst towards.
Certainly not those trying to help your cause.
And most certainly not those suffering in a time of crisis!

Again:

Sheesh!
Nog
Old 11-25-2021, 02:59 PM

Thank you for clarifying your support for Alberta's Energy Industry and recognizing the income and prosperity it has given you.

Thank you for raising opposition to the few who have so brainwashed the masses in BC against Alberta's Energy Industry, and for the political will to try and make a difference.

Thank you for recognizing that there are many in BC who do not share your views, but gladly take the benefit of the fruits of Alberta's Energy Industry every day that they wake up and drive their cars on their paved roads to go to get their groceries which are brought to the shelves through use of petroleum products.

As for the suffering, it is unfortunate, and it is an unimaginable natural disaster with catastrophic loss of life and property that will be felt for years to come.

But do take the time to remind your fellow Citizens of BC how handy it is to use Alberta's Energy Products in the rebuilding, and maybe remind your neighbours that violent opposition to the Pipelines Alberta depends on to sell our products to Tidewater, does have consequences every once in a while.

Drewski
Old 11-25-2021, 03:11 PM

David apologized so all is good

Liberals think apologies are the cure all.

Sometimes I think some people need to become an example to others.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North40Rules View Post
Silly question but:

Now that David has lived it up. Amassed a fortune to pass onto his kids. He owns multiple properties and have flown around the world more than most people will ever do. His carbon footprint was massive and all built on his ability to say what TV writers wrote for him. His scientist career fizzled and now… as he has become irrelevant to most of the fanatic crowd… his desire to crave attention has him courting to most dangerous in society.

Any attacks now will fall back to him.

The David Suzuki Foundation should be dismantled.

He should allow for a forensic audit of his carbon use over the last 30 years. I doubt he practices what he preaches.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-25-2021, 03:37 PM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
David apologized so all is good

Liberals think apologies are the cure all.
You see an "apology" in what he wrote?
I didn't.

Nog
Old 11-25-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You see an "apology" in what he wrote?
I didn't.

Nog
I think he was talking about Suzuki - https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/i-apolog...n-up-1.5681546
Old 11-25-2021, 04:00 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
I think he was talking about Suzuki - https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/i-apolog...n-up-1.5681546
Oops. Roger that.

How so very hypocritical of Suzuki.
He knew EXACTLY what he was saying, and why.
Now pulling the wet-eyed Justin routine.
Pathetic!

Nog
Old 11-25-2021, 04:13 PM

It is so disheartening, I loved The Nature of Things when I was a kid. I wonder if he was this dirty, hypocritical, self serving back then and I just didn't see it, or if some switch clicked over in his brain at some point? It could be of course that some billionaire bought his name and face like with sock boy?

Is he simply pandering to some super rich family, egging on the Natives and telling them through the airways how to handle business?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....