Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
I agree.

I don't think Robert realizes why he wasn't charged with anything sad really.
Oh contrar. I know exactly why I was not charged. dont be sad. my whole point is easy carry, easy handle in close quarters. the fact that a larger barrel length and larger caliber shotgun is legal, just trying to find the justification. not mearly because of a hundred year old law. laws are made to be changed if it makes sence. i do not advocate breaking the law, use what makes sence and you feel safe with. the rest is up to the individual ... choice
Old 05-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Carrying a knife while fishing is a bit different level than carrying a restricted firearm while hunting....I carry a pocket knife for opening boxes at work, some of my work involves going to customers in the City of Edmonton.

Carrying a handgun while hunting....contravenes the intent of a ATT, cannot legally hunt with a handgun, cannot legally discharge a handgun other than at an approved range, etc.....etc.....

LC
I hope for your families sake and ours as fellow knife carriers, if that knife saves your life they dont throw the law book at you as a criminal. common sence does sometimes prevail. cheers
Old 05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

If I might make a suggestion... I wouldn't count my chickens yet.

I do not know the details of the incident in question but I do know that the Crown could turn around and decide to charge someone long after the incident , the fanfare and all the attention has passed.

If you get away clean it is never a good idea to brag about it... perhaps they just overlooked it or used discretion hoping that you would as well.

This thread could be enough to make them reconsider that decission or draw attention to their failure to pursue it.
It could also aid a conviction.

It wouldn't be the first time the Crown came calling after waiting for everyones attention to go elsewhere.

Unless you have something in writing stating that you will not be prosecuted... I'd keep mum and perhaps even ask that this thread be removed.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by argobenny View Post
I hope for your families sake and ours as fellow knife carriers, if that knife saves your life they dont throw the law book at you as a criminal. common sence does sometimes prevail. cheers
Don't quite follow your point above....

But if I am in bear country and I have trail cam pics of bears in an area I frequent, and I know they are around. I will either decide to go elsewhere ( to avoid a confrontation altogether) or I will take proper legal precautions as I see fit....plan for the worst and hope for the best. The 44mag ranch hand that I customized will have to do as a defence tool in this case....fully legal too.

Cheers

LC

LC
Old 05-24-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
If you get away clean it is never a good idea to brag about it... perhaps they just overlooked it or used discretion hoping that you would as well.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Don't quite follow your point above....

But if I am in bear country and I have trail cam pics of bears in an area I frequent, and I know they are around. I will either decide to go elsewhere ( to avoid a confrontation altogether) or I will take proper legal precautions as I see fit....plan for the worst and hope for the best. The 44mag ranch hand that I customized will have to do as a defence tool in this case....fully legal too.

Cheers

LC

LC
I agree

Tags
attack, carry, grizzly, hand gun, protection