Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM

Smile Whisky Tasting this Evening....

So, I just returned from a lovely evening of whisky tasting with four friends (business associates) that was sponsored by my business.... A nice writeoff, and a great evening to sit, sip, compare, laugh, and enjoy. We had a few real treasures show up, my favorite by far was the Glenmorangie Artein, and a bottle found it's way home with me. My favorite Glenmorangie by far to date, but not had the Signet yet.

http://www.glenmorangie.com/our-whiskies/artein/

The evening was heavily influenced by me giving the owner/organiser of the event a hard time last year for not having any really peaty Islays on the menu, and last year I bought a bottle of the Laphroaig Quarter Cask for everyone to try. I had two fellows come up this year and tell me that it is now one of their favorites because of that tasting. Scott, the co-owner and manager, told us he had a very limited edition bottle of the 25 yr old cask strength Laphroaig in the store, only 10 bottles released in Alberta apparently. I got to gaze upon it, and fondle the box.....and then he told us the price. One of my guests (and a very good customer) laughingly suggested we should go in on the bottle together, as he is a big Laphroaig fan since I introduced him and got him a bottle last year. I declined, as it was in the stratosphere for me. At the end of the evening, I was chatting about, and Kevin and his dad were leaving (I had his dad along this year as well, a real fine gentleman). Anyway, as I was leaving, I was presented with.....the 25 yr old bottle! Kevin had purchased it for me before he left! I couldn't believe it, still a bit shocked. So now, I am in possession of a very rare and fine bottle of whisky, which I will look very forward to opening on a very special occasion with friends some day. Wow. It's good to have nice friends, that's all I can say. The reviews on it look very promising to say the least!

http://www.connosr.com/reviews/laphr...-ultra-whisky/

https://www.laphroaig.com/whiskies/25yo.aspx

Life is good. I think I'm going to take the weekend off from work, and enjoy family, my son's hockey, and friends. All is well, and it is sure nice to be appreciated in such a grand manner.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 10-12-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM

If Twistee is smart he will wait till his fav mod is back in GP, I take it your tasting was at Vintage
Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM

Uh huh.....well, perhaps we can sniff the cork together, and then enjoy something more fit for us mortals......

And yes, we were at Vintage. Good people there!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone