Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Got a link?
petition
http://www.causes.com/causes/797178-...ld-responsible

fb pages

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-A...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 10-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Banned

Has anyone ever noticed that the bullys in the class tend to be teacher's pet's?

Ask your kids at home.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:48 AM

Perhaps a message to these emails might help in change.

premier@gov.bc.ca - Premier's officer - BC

jag.minister@gov.bc.ca - Justice Minister of BC
Old 10-13-2012, 03:44 PM

a more detail of what happen on the journal.... after reading it the person/stalker responsible need to be shot.. i hope they catch him in Texas !!
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...521/story.html
Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM

Anybody know the name of the brave young man who threatened to expose her unless she indulged his perversion?

Let's make his name public if you do.

Karma.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I've had a good talk with my kids about that issue, too.

My message was the opposite of yours. For reasons I don't think you'd understand. I don't want them to ever tolerate a bully, regardless whether it's them that's taking it or somebody else. What they do depends on what's going on. Turning away is not an option.

Nothing to do with mouthpieces, though - my kids don't have friends like that. Otherwise, I expect them to stand for something.
I have read your posts and am not just replying to this one. I understand your views. I have had the same talk with my son as well and sounds like I told him the say as you told yours. The problem as you have pointed out is the system and the part of the system that the young kids are most involved with is of course the schools. My son has been going to the same school since K.G. and up until two years ago, all was well. Two years ago they got a new principal and the school instantly went from being a science inquiry program to a Mother Teresa led convent. I was always very involved with his school but you would not believe (maybe you would) the hostile encounters I have had with this principal. I don't think I need to get into a long explanation here because I think you get it. Anyways, like you alluded to and what I have seen, it is in my case the school that is teaching the kids this B.S.. Example. If a kid sticks up for himself, he gets in as much trouble as the offender and has to write out some sickening paper on how he could have handled the situation better. Now, in my case my son has one year left there and I decided that it was better to leave him there than move him because I felt it would be hard on him. Anyway, my point is this. It is very hard for the kids to deal with this stuff. On the one hand he has me telling him things and on the other he has to abide by the Queens rules. Sometimes, all we can do as parents is keep involved, as we always should always anyhow. It is indeed very difficult to deal with all the crap we face daily as adults. For the children, it is even harder. Moral I guess is for parents to be totally involved and in tune with their children, something that is seriously lacking today. There really is no easy answer to this issue. Unfortunately, myself and my son would both like to see one of the boys get his block knocked off and preferably by my son. However, that would open another huge can of worms. As much as we don't like to have to deal with some things, sometimes, we have to try to make the best of them.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
... you would not believe (maybe you would) the hostile encounters I have had with this principal. I don't think I need to get into a long explanation here because I think you get it.
At my kids' previous school (which I helped get off the ground, btw), I was barred from speaking again to one of their teachers.

I get it.

Quote:
There really is no easy answer to this issue. Unfortunately, myself and my son would both like to see one of the boys get his block knocked off and preferably by my son. However, that would open another huge can of worms.
My kids have been told, and know, that if they ever do what is right and get in trouble for it, they are to call me. I will put on my happy face and deal with it. Pronto.

Ultimately, the decision is theirs of course. You are right about it not being easy. But, IMO, this is just something we all learned in kindergarten:

When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.

It was good then. It's good now.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Has anyone ever noticed that the bullys in the class tend to be teacher's pet's?

Ask your kids at home.
You are correct...
Old 10-13-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Very sad.

Lots of good hints and tips there if you have young kids/teenagers.
We gave our daughter access to Facebook for her 13 birthday (last week)
Some extremely strict rules associated with it.

We are keeping a very close eye on her and her friends over these next few years.

Jamie
Good for you for being vigilant, don't give that up. Always ensure you know the passwords for their social media sites as well. My children never had free access to the computer without my supervision until they turned 18 and started paying their own way. When I pay the bills it's my rules.

Parents do need to be responsible and need to stop allowing their kids to rule the roost. Much of the bullying that takes place these days is on the the internet, just as there are internet "tough" guys here on AO, the same as FB. Easy to be tough when hiding behind a computer monitor and I can say with all certainty that if the cops showed up at my door at 4:00 am telling me my minor child's boobs were plastered all over the internet, the computer and internet would have been locked down in my house at 4:15 am. I grew up with bullying but at least had parents that taught me self esteem and conflict resolution. I'm happy to say because of that, the bullies that thought they were good in school turned out to be losers and those of us that were bullied became successful in life. There are many lessons to be taken from this but the most important lessons are not to leave it up to someone else to deal with the bullies, deal with your children so they have the tools to deal with this type of thing and parents need to parent and not coddle their kids. Instead of giving them a computer or cell phone, make them do the dishes, it might just keep them out of trouble.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:35 PM

I was bullied right from k to grade 11 I switched schools even and was still beat on, grade 12 I went at everyone with a vengeance, every single kid that beat me I destroyed right back, cops were called multiple times and charges were never passed because there kids beat me countless times and I had filed reports about it,

Do I feel horrible about it?, nope I feel great made them fear me and none of them talk to me this day it's great in my mind

The world is a horrible place that's well known and the schools try to shelter everyone

As for this girl I don't feel for her, she brought everything upon herself and did some really stupid stuff, she wanted drama in her life and caused it, for that she deserved to be picked on, her suicide is a cheap way out, she got in to deep for her stupidity and if anything one less person without common sense on this earth, as for her parents they also failed miserably by not being there for not talking to her, you would be surprised how far a child can go in this world if you would just talk to them and more importantly listen

And with all I said I know people are going to think otherwise, and the liberals will **** and moan about it and ill be called heartless, I am heartless because of my childhood, I delt with all things that no kid never should of, and I think I turned out ok

She caused this on herself, the end
Old 10-13-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
My kids have been told, and know, that if they ever do what is RIGHT and get in trouble for it, they are to call me. I will put on my happy face and deal with it. Pronto.
Same here. But if it had something to do with indoctrination centers....oops!....I mean schools, and their so-called "teachers", they didn't see no "happy face"- I wore my "mad face".

That kinda sorta kept 'em line, especially when I reminded 'em who helps pay their wages - including the principal and vice-principal.

I also reminded 'em I can call The Calgary Sun whenever I feel like it.

'Nuff said.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post

As for this girl I don't feel for her, she brought everything upon herself and did some really stupid stuff, she wanted drama in her life and caused it, for that she deserved to be picked on, her suicide is a cheap way out, she got in to deep for her stupidity and if anything one less person without common sense on this earth
No one.... and I mean no one deserves to be picked on and stalked and mentally abused like she was. We have all done stupid things and have had to deal with the outcomes, but these kids went over the top.

Give your head a shake, on second thought..........................