Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2018, 11:04 AM

I've no idea. It's complicated obviously, but this is at the behest of the province as they acknowledge there are inequities within the current funding/user model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So how are they going to decide exactly who will pay for using these facilities? How would they collect the fees, so that only the demographic that they feel is the problem pays?
Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I've no idea. It's complicated obviously, but this is at the behest of the province as they acknowledge there are inequities within the current funding/user model.

They can't even figure out the simple things, so I have zero confidence that they won't bungle this.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:53 PM

Me neither
Quote:
They can't even figure out the simple things, so I have zero confidence that they won't bungle this.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:31 PM

Sounds like a heck of a good idea to me. Sure I’ll pay each time I come to Edmonton driving on your roads and using your rec facilities. Just as long as you have no problem paying my county to drive on their roads my taxes help pay for and give me $100/head to access my land. Something to think about. Could be a very slippery slope.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:02 PM

When they allow out of province driver’s to speed through the City of Edmonton, catch them on photo radar speeding, and not charge them (fine Them). You have to think where are your head’s? Lost revenue big time!
Old 12-08-2018, 04:18 PM

This is the city that closed the Municipal airport and caused medivac flights to go to Nisku, giving seriously ill patients another hour in which to die, and business travellers from all points north untold inconvenience. The same city that basically drove the entire oil industry from Edmonton to Calgary in the '70s, and thought they were being 'progressive'. (Some of you younger fellows might not recall that RCMP K Division HQ was once Essos HQ, and the Municipal airport was literally surrounded by oil company offices.)

I already go out of my way to avoid Edmonton, and make a conscious choice to patronize the services of St. Albert, Spruce Grove and Stony Plain as often as possible. If I'm going farther south, I use Hwy. 60 or Hwy. 22 and stay as far away as possible. It's the most unfriendly city in western Canada, and it seems they want to expand on that theme.

I would invite Edmonton to go and have a carnal experience with itself.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Bar View Post
Sounds like a heck of a good idea to me. Sure I’ll pay each time I come to Edmonton driving on your roads and using your rec facilities. Just as long as you have no problem paying my county to drive on their roads my taxes help pay for and give me $100/head to access my land. Something to think about. Could be a very slippery slope.
How would the people from Edmonton feel about paying an extra fee to enter BVJ? Or to pay an extra user fee every time their children go on a hockey or other sports competition in another town or city? They really need to think about how other communities will respond before implementing this.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
i guess the logical response, would be for every other city or town to impose a tax on anyone from edmonton. We could rake in some extra cash at bvj.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 12-08-2018, 06:25 PM

Typical government mismanagement. Federal, Provincial and Municipal!!
Old 12-08-2018, 06:51 PM

Alrighty then, new campground user fee's for those getting away for long weekends now to offset this new brain dead tax.
Also, i have no idea what Edmonton is talking about with their "keep our roads in good shape ",
Many a roads in Edmonton are complete havoc on my suspension, Balljoints, tie rods/tires.