Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2018, 03:21 PM

Default Separation

Back in the day it was Western Canadian Concept. This was when the West was taking it up the ***** as usual from the East.
It included Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
With Manitoba it ensured a port on Hudson Bay.
When we took a trip to Churchill, Manitoba, I spoke to the ship pilot responsible for taking the ships out of port.
He said they had one ship during the shipping season, because of political influence everything was shipped through the Great Lakes.
He went on about how many times grain was handled before the ship was released to the captain.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I have been separation ready since 1980 Let’s do it! Republic of Alberta.
Mhhhm ,and how would that benefit us? There would still be no pipeline and in my mind less of a chance of getting one built.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-08-2018, 06:16 PM

Alberexit? Originally Alberta and Saskatchewan were to be 1 province , Buffalo.
Ottawa thought to split that in half in case it got too populated and powerful some time in the future, like now. Hmmm.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:39 PM

And this is the reality of what Alberta contributes to the rest of the country. We all know what we get back. Derision. Scorn. Rank animosity mocking and outright hatred. We didn't even rank a mention by Trudeau during the 150 celebrations as a part of the country, he named every province and territory but conveniently skipped over Alberta.
Personally, I'm sick of it. Whether the pipe dream of Alberta separation happens or not, the country has some major suffering coming it's way as they take delight in strangling the goose that lays the golden egg of massive transfer payments.

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/...o-ottawa-a-lot

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-08-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
And this is the reality of what Alberta contributes to the rest of the country. We all know what we get back. Derision. Scorn. Rank animosity mocking and outright hatred. We didn't even rank a mention by Trudeau during the 150 celebrations as a part of the country, he named every province and territory but conveniently skipped over Alberta.
Personally, I'm sick of it. Whether the pipe dream of Alberta separation happens or not, the country has some major suffering coming it's way as they take delight in strangling the goose that lays the golden egg of massive transfer payments.

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/...o-ottawa-a-lot
I can not understand that. The only logical reason would be he bet someone millions of dollars he could get away with it. I have always wondered, who owns Trudoodeedoo

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-08-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I can not understand that. The only logical reason would be he bet someone millions of dollars he could get away with it. I have always wondered, who owns Trudoodeedoo
George Soros, muslims and the U.N.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehgun View Post
George Soros, muslims and the U.N.
Trumpet too? FN likely.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-08-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Mhhhm ,and how would that benefit us? There would still be no pipeline and in my mind less of a chance of getting one built.
We would be in control of our own destiny instead of being told how to live by eastern cities. We would have our own legal system (and make it a TRUE justice system). I hate bullies and that is what the central government has become(more so than it has ever been). Ottawa is grinding our faces into the dirt and kicking us in the groin. When the east can vote in an airhead like this to lead a country, they don't take Canada seriously...so why should I?
Canada has always been east vs west, but this has gotten totally out of control. Ottawa is crushing our economic throats just so PM Sphincter can get re-elected and or get a position in the UN.

Last edited by Ehgun; 12-08-2018 at 08:31 PM.